Boyang Jin | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin

nbzhwxl

Spectator
Very nice picture. And I love those OP pictures the most. Hope I can have a chance to see him again in COC.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Boyang in formal suits looked matured and neat. Boyang was interviewed by the local TV station when he was on the red carpet.

icekiwi

On the Ice
maybe boyang should skate to maxim kovtun's 'I can dance' music :laugh: It doesn't require super skating skills, and since Boyang is naturally more musical than Kovtun (and seeing how he could engage the crowd in his EX), this programm could be a crowd pleaser! :yahoo: What do you guys think? is that too much? You think Boyang could handle the music?

Hi Eclair, yep!! Totally agree with you that Boyang is a better dancer and performer than Kovtun. He can totally handle the music and might even invent some of his own natural moves.

Here is a video of Boyang when he was just 13 dancing to MJ 'Billie Jean' - just super cute, each time I watch this, I just burst out laughing because it was darn good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPO3ZjyOV_E

Enjoy!

icekiwi

On the Ice
By the way, did anyone follow the Team Cup Challenge. How did boyang do?

I only had time to look at the scores, Boyang's LP scores were a bit low, could anyone explain why? The judges seemed to have lowballed him on his elements badly.

Thanks!!

ellyr

Rinkside
By the way, did anyone follow the Team Cup Challenge. How did boyang do?

I only had time to look at the scores, Boyang's LP scores were a bit low, could anyone explain why? The judges seemed to have lowballed him on his elements badly.

Thanks!!

It was an off night for him. Long season apparently catching up with him - he had a fair bit of stumbling going on. :( He didn't let it get him down though, and skated his ex with his usual cheerfulness. :)

icekiwi

On the Ice
Thanks ellyr.

Alright I would take that. I was getting myself unnecessarilly worried that the judges were picking on him.

Last edited:

icekiwi

On the Ice
Could someone here who understands Chinese, please explain the 'changes in coaching' for Team China. Thank you in advance.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Somebody already posted related articles in the Edge. I will search it for you.

EDIT: The announcement was also posted by Violet Bliss on the Team China fanfest.

The written version of the video report

新浪体育讯  近日,国家体育总局冬季运动管理中心公布了最新一期花样滑冰国家队名单,运动员方面基本没有大的变化,但是在教练组方面变动不小。

一是前双人滑世界冠军庞清将出任单人滑教练,带领闫涵和李子君去美国训练。另外,2002年盐湖城冬奥会双人滑冠军、加拿大人戴维-佩特蒂尔(男)将于七月初到任,出任双人滑的训练工作,这也是中国双人滑首次引进外籍教练。

本届中国花滑队教练组名单如下:赵宏博、许兆晓、李明珠(外教)、于丽杰、韩冰、张欣、黄桂玉、奚鸿雁、高海军、庞清、关金林、戴维-佩特蒂尔(外教)。

此前执教女单的名教头李明珠回归值得注意,而闫涵的教练贾曙光并没有出现在名单中。

Recently, the National Winter Sports announced the newest list of the National Figure Skating Team members. Basically there is little change with the athletes but quite some changes on the coaches' side.

One of them is the engagement of former Pairs World Champion Pang Qing as a Singles coach, who will lead Yan Han and Li Zijun to train in the US. Another is that David Pelletier, Pairs Champion from the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, will be coaching Pairs beginning in early July. This is the first time the Chinese Pairs skating has brought in a foreign coach.

The current list of the Team China Figure Skating coaches is as follows: Zhao Hongbo, Xu Zhaoxiao, Li Mingzhu (foreign coach), Yu Lijie, Han Bin, Zhang Xin, Huang Guiyiu, Xi Hongyan, Gao Haijun, Pang Qing, Guan Jinlin, David Pelletier (foreign coach).

Worth noting is the return of well known coach Li Mingzhu. And Han Yan's coach Jia Shuguang does not appear on the list.

Last edited:

icekiwi

On the Ice
Thank you so much, crossover. After the Worlds, I have concentrated on family and work, so haven't visited the forum for awhile. Just come back to the forum since it is end of June and a lot of skaters are working on their new season's programs. The changes for team China are most interesting, the additional foreign coaches are good but I do feel sorry for Han Yan's old coach. Has Boyang retained his coach and any news with him working with Lori on his new programs?

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Thank you so much, crossover. After the Worlds, I have concentrated on family and work, so haven't visited the forum for awhile. Just come back to the forum since it is end of June and a lot of skaters are working on their new season's programs. The changes for team China are most interesting, the additional foreign coaches are good but I do feel sorry for Han Yan's old coach. Has Boyang retained his coach and any news with him working with Lori on his new programs?

There is no certainty about Boyang's coaching change, but according to Wei on Twitter who has informed latest news on Chinese skaters,

(5) CCTV news did not mention about Boyang Jin and his coach. (I personally assume he will continue to train in Harbin instead of Beijing.) on May 25th

Not only that, a recent interview posted on June 8th doesn't mention about his coach or programs yet. But he definitely will work with Lori Nicole because only the very top skaters of China get funded by the federation to get Lori's programs.

Eclair

Medalist

Oh lori, please widen your musical repertoire! I just hope it's not going to turn out completely ridiculous like Nam's La strada ...

I don't know what choreographers are thinking giving such a piece as La strada to young boys.. Nam summed it up pretty well: 'David told me to go watch la strada, but I never did'. It's just not music young boys usually are interested in or can relate to. And looking at all the techno music boyang is listening to in his free time, I doubt he's going to feel La strada more than Nam did ...

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
La Strada...

I'm concerned about the choice of the music too. Whenever skaters perform to well-known music, people tend to compare them with past famous performances by other skaters. In my opinion, the music is owned by Daisuke Takahashi just like Casablanca owned by Kurt Browning. I think music pieces with upbeat and strong tempos are more suitable for Boyang to perform at this stage.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not thrilled with this choice, seems too serious for Boyang. But I'm willing to give it a chance. Hopefully his SP will be to something upbeat otherwise :dev2:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh lori, please widen your musical repertoire! I just hope it's not going to turn out completely ridiculous like Nam's La strada ...

I don't know what choreographers are thinking giving such a piece as La strada to young boys.. Nam summed it up pretty well: 'David told me to go watch la strada, but I never did'. It's just not music young boys usually are interested in or can relate to. And looking at all the techno music boyang is listening to in his free time, I doubt he's going to feel La strada more than Nam did ...

What the problem is here is that maybe she's not letting him choose. If skaters choose their music, and it's music THEY LIKE AND WANT. Not ones to please people....Then they'll do better.