Bridget Jones-Edge of Reason | Golden Skate

Bridget Jones-Edge of Reason

Antilles

Medalist
I just got back from seeing this movie. I thought it was quite good. I love Colin Firth and Hugh Grant. The story gets a little silly, but I thought overall it was enjoyable. Lots of good, physical comedy.

LegalGirl82

On the Ice
Antilles, I haven't seen the first one yet. Can the sequel stand alone, or should I see the original first?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
LegalGirl82 said:
Antilles, I haven't seen the first one yet. Can the sequel stand alone, or should I see the original first?

I have not seen the sequal yet; but, I saw the original - it was really funny. I hear the sequal does not quite make the grade as the first Bridget Jones movie did. Sequals seldom do. I highly recommend seeing the original first.

Antilles

Medalist
It would help to see the first, because a lot of the jokes tie back to the original. The first one was a bit better, but this one is still good.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
We saw it last night and I would definitely recommed you see the 1st movie before seeing the Edge of Reason b/c the sequel picks up right where the 1st one ended. It was really true to the book, and I was pleased with it. Yes, it was silly at times, but is a comedy and suits Bridgid's spirit.

I liked that all major and minor characters returned, even the "pervert" uncle :)

Yana

Kuchana

On the Ice
This is one of the movies I really want to see. I heard there were a lot of bad reviews on it though but I don't care.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I have been toying with idea to see the sequel; but usually, sequels are disappointing. One just can't expect the same "magic" as the first. I think Bridgette minus all her "hangups" would not be as funny either. She looks a little more glamorous in this flick. That was the whole storyline of the first movie - how frumpy and messed up this girl was!! Oh well, will have to see for myself.

Antilles

Medalist
Actually Lad, she is much less glamourous in this film. She looks like she never combs or washes her hair in this film. They must have used less make-up too, because she's got a really "ruddy" complexion. She is also a little heavier this time around, with terrible clothing. She's really the same old Bridget. Don't worry, her hang-ups haven't disappeared.