Buttle keeps making beauty on ice! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Buttle keeps making beauty on ice!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
A couple of people suggested in the GPF section that Jeff should choreograph Johnny's programs next season. What do you guys think about that idea?

I don't know if they would be willing to put aside thier personal feelings for eachother (if any exist)...being former rivals, but I think Johnny could certainly use Jeff's fresh perspective.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think it a great idea!!!

Jeff has skated to a whole variety of programs so that he could perhaps accommodate Johnny's style and preferences.

Some ppl seem to find that transitions and steps may be some areas where Johnny might be able to improve a little. Jeff would be a great help for these.

ITA! :) Jeff's versatility and mastery of CoP would make him an ideal choreographer for Johnny (and others, of course ;)).

It makes more sense with Fedor because Jeff is the one who is looked up to by the Canadian team members. Jeff even said in his retirement press conference that he would like to support his ex teammates.

Yes, Jeff indeed said that it was his goal to help the Canadian figure skating team achieve success at the 2010 Olympics. I don't think it's a coincidence that Jeff's first major project after his retirement was working on Fedor's programs. He's a very smart guy, and I have no doubt that he recognizes that Fedor has the goods necessary to help Patrick win 3 spots for the men at Worlds. If (and yes, I'm aware that this is an "if" due to the last-minute preparation) Fedor can bring his A-game to the table next month, the federation may favour him over Shawn and Kevin (who are the podium favourites coming into Canadians). Unlike the other two, Fedor has a consistent 3-Axel, and unlike Kevin, he has Buttle-like choreography.

But it may feel a bit funny for them to do that together because they were almost the same cohort as top skaters and Jeff is only one or two years older than Johnny.

I don't know if they would be willing to put aside thier personal feelings for eachother (if any exist)...being former rivals, but I think Johnny could certainly use Jeff's fresh perspective.

Someone else brought up a similar point in another thread, and this was my response in case some of you didn't see it:

They're certainly not friends, but they do seem to be on friendly terms. Johnny and Jeff even shared a little laugh over the rather unusual looking flowers they received at the 2008 Worlds medal ceremony (it's located at 3:49): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9we9kptHVs We can see from their comments at the post-LP conference that they hold the same opinion that figure skating should be more about having the complete package (and not just the quad), which at least makes them "allies" on that front. :agree:

In other words, they may not be buddies, but if Johnny ever phoned Jeff about his choreography services, I'm pretty sure Jeff won't hang up on him. ;) (Well, I think Jeff's too sweet to hang up on anybody, but I would imagine he would be receptive to the idea of working with Johnny.)

Of course, Johnny appears to be very loyal to his current team, so it's unlikely that he'd ever consider contacting Jeff for choreography, even though I feel that he should. *sighs*

lcd

Match Penalty
The journey (exciting and full of twists/turns) that Fedor has taken with his life shows someone who knows how to be 'watched', enjoys performing, and knows what the audience wants to see. This is that rare combination of narcist and extrovert - and I use these terms not to be insulting in ANY way - but as a truthful way of trying to describe why I think he has that "it" factor with his skating. (Nicole Bobek had a similar quality.) Coupled with his obvious savvy and intelligence, I hope he makes great strides in the rankings. Lord knows this sport needs "stars" or at the very least, competitors with "stories" that can capture a broader audience. If he delivers on the goods Buttle is sure to have set him up with, my thinking is... fantastic.. and look out....it's all good:rock:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I don't consider Fedor a "nobody" he's one of the kids that grew up in the sport with some semi famous parents and he skated in Sergei Grinkov's Celebration of Life tribute...

he made waves early on (when Ryan Bradly was making waves) and then disappeared, but he's hardly unknown in the skating world.

Heck, if I know who he is and I don't really follow the "unseen" skaters all that often (I do more now than I did when he was the hot item of talk)...

Fedor is a wonderful skater and I am looking forward to seeing his new programs. He has loads of talent and is very expressive. I think because he took some time off from the competitive scene, people thought he had retired. It will be great to have another "hot" male skater on Team Canada.

Go Fedor!!

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The journey (exciting and full of twists/turns) that Fedor has taken with his life shows someone who knows how to be 'watched', enjoys performing, and knows what the audience wants to see.

I'm crossing my figers that CBC will produce a fluff piece on him. His story is the ideal stuff that fluffs are made of! :) If nothing else, his association with Jeff and Orser should encourage the network to pay more attention to him.

There's indeed something magnetic about Fedor's personality, skating style and looks which tends to draw people in, and he understands fully how to utilize his natural appeal. The crowd becomes putty in his skillfull hands, and his fans love every second of it. :yes:

This is that rare combination of narcist and extrovert - and I use these terms not to be insulting in ANY way - but as a truthful way of trying to describe why I think he has that "it" factor with his skating. (Nicole Bobek had a similar quality.)

He's definitely an extrovert, but I wouldn't say that he's a narcissist (that's Sandhu's territory ;)). I've been told by others who have met Fedor that he's very sweet, gracious and level-headed. Actually, he kinda reminds me of Kurt Browning, who was his idol when he was growing up. No doubt he emulated some of the qualities his childhood hero.

Coupled with his obvious savvy and intelligence, I hope he makes great strides in the rankings. Lord knows this sport needs "stars" or at the very least, competitors with "stories" that can capture a broader audience. If he delivers on the goods Buttle is sure to have set him up with, my thinking is... fantastic.. and look out....it's all good:rock:

I know it's a lot to hope for considering the awfully late start, but I really, really, really want him to rise to the occasion in January. He may be "old" for a competitive figure skater, but he still has the star quality to attract new admirers. Sawyer gained an American fan base thanks to his divine "Amadeus" LP at SA. Assuming Fedor makes the World team and has a relatively good performance in L.A., I'm sure he can do the same. Skating to mesmerizing programs designed by Jeff should help this cause.

I think because he took some time off from the competitive scene, people thought he had retired.

He did indeed retire (so it wasn't merely a long break) because of the severity of his back injury. According to his doctors, he'd never be able to touch an ice rink again. By some miracle, the pain subsided enough in the summer of 2007 which made it possible for him skate again, and it was Virtue & Moir who inspired him to return to competition.

Here's an article which describes the process of his comeback in more detail:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/feature-fedor-andreev.html

It's also mentioned in this CBC Newsworld interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnRTvBl-Mw4

Fedor is a wonderful skater and I am looking forward to seeing his new programs. He has loads of talent and is very expressive. It will be great to have another "hot" male skater on Team Canada.

Go Fedor!!

The more beautiful and gifted men's singles skaters that Canada has, the better! :cool:

Last edited:

stevlin

On the Ice
Fedor is a wonderful skater

If Fedor skates with Jeffrey Buttle's choreography, I am sure he will do beautifully. Jeff is a genious when it comes to style. :rock:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thank you so much for the link, wonssoyou! :love:

And just for fun, here's a really nice photo of him in his SP outfit :cool:: http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/MoreAbsoluteSkating/2008SCChallenges/DSC03149.jpg

EDIT: Just so there's no confusion, the vid is indeed recent. The date is wrong (I have NO idea why the user titled it that way :confused:). Fedor wasn't skating at the start of 2007 because he was still suffering from his back injury. The costume and music (which is the 1st movement of Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto, as mentioned in the Globe & Mail article) are from his LP this season. The choreography has "Jeff" written all over it.

Last edited:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Edit: What an incredibly shallow post this was...

Well, this thread seems to be about beauty on ice although we might have talked a lot more about beautiful men than the creation of beauty. But how can we help when Jeffrey Buttle himself mentions in the article how beautiful Fedor is.:p

I think the only reason why we haven't seen Fedor on a billboard underwear ad is because of potential car accidents. Can you imagine how many female drivers would be unable to keep their eyes on the road if they saw his almost naked physique???
Awwwww.....:chorus: I love your posts!

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, this thread seems to be about beauty on ice although we might have talked a lot more about beautiful men than the creation of beauty. But how can we help when Jeffrey Buttle himself mentions in the article how beautiful Fedor is.:p

Yep, it's not our fault that Fedor is so attractive that some guys feel the need to gush over his looks. ;) Jeff wasn't the first and he certainly won't be the last! :laugh:

Awwwww.....:chorus: I love your posts!

Thanks for letting me know that you appreciate my writing :).

I've noticed that Fedor's costumes are quite understated this season. Could this be Jeff's influence? (I'm of course picturing those two pretty boys going clothes shopping together. :p) Marina Z. seems to like dressing her son up in over-the-top attire (which sometimes borders on "gaudy"----he once wore an electric-blue outfit which made him look like a flying lizard boy :eek:), so one has to wonder where the simplicity is coming from. :think:

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hey Bennett, I just had to tell you what happened today! My father wanted to use my computer, but I forgot to log off my account. He saw my latest desktop wallpaper (which was a large photo of Andreev at the Senior Challenge), and he exclaimed loud enough for everyone in the house to hear, "Whoa, who IS this handsome man??? He's absolutely stunning!" :rofl: You can imagine my mom wasn't too happy to hear that, LOL!!! :laugh: So yeah, Jeff clearly isn't the only guy who's totally in awe of Fedor's beauty! :cool:

Out of curiosity, what do you think his new programs? I find it a little strange that you haven't commented on either the SP or the LP...

Last edited: