Camel spin help? | Golden Skate

Camel spin help?

emilyskates!

Rinkside
Hey so i am having a hard time doing my camel spin
It is easy doing it without putting my hand down on my leg/kneecap but it is hard doing it with
Any tips?

mskater93

Record Breaker
Have to see it, but putting your hand on your knee will typically cause you to drop your shoulder. Show your coach the problem

naomionice

Spectator
Hey so i am having a hard time doing my camel spin
It is easy doing it without putting my hand down on my leg/kneecap but it is hard doing it with
Any tips?
if you spin in the normal direction, focus on bending your left knee when you enter the spin, think of your left arm swiping over a table, and once you've entered the spin, straighten your left leg, pull your left arm back all the way, keep your back arched, and make sure that your hips are square. Hope this helps!!

macy

Record Breaker
make sure to not rise up into the spin too quickly, keep your knee bent slightly longer than you think you need to on the entry. don't drop your upper body either, keep your shoulders tall and back.

BrandonCallaway

Spectator
First, extend your hand out and spin. Then, do your camel, but act as if your hand is being held by a friend, and you are just allowing it to move in a circular motion. Hopefully that makes sense. You need to keep your palm as flat as you can. You can also try putting your hand up higher on your leg, maybe right on your hip.