Can Brian Joubert rise to the occasion at Worlds? | Golden Skate

Can Brian Joubert rise to the occasion at Worlds?

Can Brian Joubert rise to the Occasion at Worlds?

• YES!

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • no

Votes: 30 52.6%

• Total voters

lilphi07

Rinkside
:cry: Poor Brian Joubert

He has had a tough season!
A new coach (is it working? Does anybody know?), A long program and costume that was enough to say 'oy vey', a bronze a Euros (I think that any medal is good, but he realy wanted to win at home and I was rooting for him),6th at the olympics, THEN as if things could not get any worse the press turns on him calls him a failure THAT IS JUST CRUEL!

BUT there is HOPE

Brian has returned to the matrix :clap: :rock:
Finally (why he did not take it to Turin :scratch: I have no idea)

I believe in Brian and I want to see who is with me...

VIVA LA BRIAN JOUBERT

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Brian has always had the talent to win any competition... his problem is between his ears... so while I think he can win,only Brian knows for sure...

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Even if he does he wont get the same gift PCS scores he got at Europeans. The Worlds are not in France, just like the Olympics were not in France, thus more reasonable PCS scores at the Olympics than what he was given at Europeans.

That being said if he hits all his jumps he has a good chance. He has some of the hardest jump difficulty of anybody and can get very high GOE on his jumps if he lands them.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
He's a very talented skater, and many of his jumps can be spectacular when he's on. His spins have improved immensely in the last two years alone. He's a World silver medallist and has gold-silver-bronze at Euros. I don't think his programs are great this year, particularly his long, but there was talk that he might go back to "Matrix", IMO his best LP, and the returning medallists in all disciplines have had a number of distractions and inevitable let-downs since Torino. According to this Sports Illustrated article, Lysacek and Buttle aren't in the best of health and from reading Weir's journal, he seems to have mixed emotions about competing in Calgary. All of that might work to Joubert's advantage and get him back on track.

Jumps, jumps, jumps! If Brian can land all his jumps, he'll be like Plushenko. The judges will say, well, he did all those jumps, and he did it with a manly flair, so he must deserve high PCSs, too.

pollyls

Rinkside
The return of the Matrix!

If Brian skates the Matrix, I have high hopes for him. That program really, really suits him. It's my favorite of his. :clap:

Big Deal

Final Flight
I'm doubt, he can win, but I'll cross my fingers for him.

He is one of the most talented skater, but somehow he stoped to develop . He is still a talented skater , like he was 3 years ago.
I don't know, what is wrong. The people around him or what. There is definitely something wrong around him with this choices of musics, costums, choreography.
I have a feeling that with a really supportive, caring, talented background-team he should be unbeatable in this field. I hope for him in the future , but not as much as 2 years ago....

Big Deal

Final Flight
I wonder how far Brian should go with a team like Lambiel's team.
It seems, Lambiel has a very caring, supportive, nice team around him, who really pays attention, what is the best to him.

I would love to see Joubert at his best , please, help him, not only use him!!

Vash01

Medalist
I don't think there is a yes/no answer to a question like this. Of course he can, but there are many factors that could keep him from getting to the top. First, his choreography is so so. He has not been consistent with the jumps this entire season. Others will have to falter and he will have to be perfect if he is to win. Right now it does not seem likely but a bronze medal is not out of the question.

Vash

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Going back to the Matrix is an attempt to get the feeling of winning he had back in 2004. But what Brian had in 2004 that he does not seem to have now is the jumps. This seems to me a desperate attempt to get his confidence back, but I don't think it will work. I wish him all the best, but I think he should try to forget this disastrous season and start fresh next year.

There has been much improvements in Brian's skating as pointed out by Hockeyfan. I think those improvements have affected his jumps. If he is now used to the connection of the 'whole package', I see him as giving Lambiel and his injuries the most competition for the win. They will both hit quads.

Buttle and Weir will do their thing and it will be quite beautiful. Will the judges buy it?

Brian can rise to the occasion. Will he? We'll soon see.

Joe

Buzzz

Final Flight
There is no reason why he should not win if he skates clean. I love his program.