Can You Pass The Third Grade??? | Golden Skate

Can You Pass The Third Grade???

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Well, once I figured how to make it work, I did okay, but then those pesky New England states tripped me up.

I'm off to try again...

Laura, figuring since she teaches 9th grade, she should try to pass third. :)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Tried it twice, it took awhile to make the arrow move the states....you're right, those pesky New England states get you every time.........why can't they all be as big as Texas???:\ 42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
It took me twice to pass--and that was with 4th grade RG Jr.'s assistance. "No, Mom, Missouri is THERE!!!":eek:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Finally passed........that was close, boy is my hand tired....now I'm going back for a personal best.............:p 42

dewet

Final Flight
I spent a fourth of the time figuring how to work it, and barely passed.

Pati

On the Ice
I'm afraid I can't use the "took too long to figure out how to make it work" excuse. I failed miserably. :cry:

bronxgirl

Medalist
Is United States geography the only part of the third grade? I'd be more worried with third grade math

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
PrincessLeppard said:
figuring since she teaches 9th grade, she should try to pass third. :)
Laura:laugh: :laugh: I think a bribe is in order here. I wonder how many of your students would like to know that their wonderful Ms. Laura didn't pass the third grade:laugh: :laugh:

Dee (who is 3rd grade challenged):rolleye:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
How on earth do they figure this out???!!! I got 44/48. It told me I failed. I'd like to know what school they are supposed to represent -- 44/48 is 91%, which is A-.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Yeah, I got 48 out of 48 and it said I failed, too!!! Go figure... I think THEY need to try to pass the third grade if they can't figure out that 100% means PASSING! :D :laugh:

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I got 26/48. Not bad, considering that I'm not an American and have never studied American geography. Being an East Coaster, those "pesky" New England states were a breeze. It was the midde states that confuse the heck out me.

Kasey

Medalist
Got em all...maybe the time in the military bouncing around the country helped! :)

Kasey

JOHIO2

Medalist
Have you noticed that the third grade test only has 48 states? Last I looked, there were 50! In fact, it's been 50 since the 1950's! :laugh:

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Got it on the second try.

I think it's better to go down the list and place them where you know them, skipping the ones you're unsure about.

First time, I tried locating the states I knew on the list, and ran out of time.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
JOHIO2 said:
Have you noticed that the third grade test only has 48 states? Last I looked, there were 50! In fact, it's been 50 since the 1950's! :laugh:

How sad is it that I didn't even realize Alaska and Hawaii were missing??? I feel so lower48-centric, lol.

Dee, don't you DARE tell my students I failed 3rd grade! :D

Laura :)

2loop2002

Rinkside
Yippee!! I got all 48 in my first try. I guess living in the middle of the US might give me a bit of an advantage compared to those who live closer to the coasts. Instead of thinking "Well I know those 43 states are somewhere east of my home in California :confused:, since they aren't in the middle of the Pacific Ocean", I can divide the states into two groups depending on whether they are east or west of where I live. It made the ones I did guess on easier to figure out.

I don't remember having to do this sort of thing in third grade. However, in fourth grade I distinctly remember having to memorize all the states and their capital cities in addition to knowing how to label all the states. I don't think I could do that anymore :eek: .

2loop

heyang

Record Breaker
All I can say is that's hard to do on a lap top without a mouse. Also those little states are hard if you're trying to do it fast and get the arrow just right.

Still haven't been able to get all of them right in the time limit.

I got 43 out of 48 on my first try....will try again sometime.
My problem was moving the mouse too quickly, thinking I was dragging the name of one state when I really got the name above or below the one I thought I had!