Canadians - Senior Ladies Free Report | Golden Skate

Canadians - Senior Ladies Free Report

Rosaleen

Medalist
The marks were announced and I now (sitting in my proper seat) can't see the board well enough to copy down the tec & tcs scores. I just get what is announced.

The following notes are what I saw while the skater was on the ice and have not been checked against the protocol for mistakes. Sorry my notes aren't as detailed as normal - I just ran out of energy at the end of the day today.

The official results & detailed skater's protocols are posted on the Skate Canada website
http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/events_results/events/cdns06/results/c8.pdf

The overall results so far are here
http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/events...lts.cfm?strcat=Senior&strdisp=Women&strlang=E

CAN Courtney Sokal Start No: 1
I didn’t see the 1st 5 skaters – took too long after the men finished to get done and back into the arena

CAN Stephanie Cameron Start No: 2

CAN Mylene Brodeur Start No: 3

CAN Cecilia Gauvin Start No: 4

CAN Shanique Olivierre-Lake Start No: 5

CAN Hjordis Lee Start No: 6
Notes: brown velvet with bit of orange trim & underskirt on back / music is french / some chor at centre ice to opening strains / 3t turns 2t / lovely spread eagle & movement to music / 1a / fair bit ofstroking in this section / 2z / death drop / music changes & some chor to soft slow section / 2f2t / 3s under rot fell on side / spirals are nice good extension / layback with variations of arms / diag steps are good / 1a / 3t under rot fell / back sit tuck mushroom / combo spin is very nice / tot 59.70 gr tot 105.66 currently 6th overall /

CAN Jessica Dube Start No: 7
Notes: music: madame butterfly gorgeous dress navy with golde trim - mandarin style / some chor to melancholy opening music / 2a2t very nice / 3z lean fell / popped sal / turns 3t / she took a really hard fall on the sal in warmup - her edge slipped going into it and she went down hard / I missed a spin / 3z fell / beautiful layback with arm variations / popped f / back cam to catchfoot with both arms / spiral has great extension / 2l step down fast with free foot / strt steps are right with music / 2a is very nice / combo spin is very nice / tot 70.97 gr tot 129.56 currently 1st overall /
CAN Signe Ronka Start No: 8
Notes: music: violin concerto by mendelssohn purple / nice chor at opening / 3t hands down fell out / 3z fell / 3s2l / flycam was very nice / 3t fell / flysit is good / spirals flow well with good extension / 3l bad lean fell / layback with arm variations that changed with the music / strt steps move well / 2s / 2a2t2l / sorry I was distracted and didn't see the end of her skate (people in front of me letting people into their row - security is supposed to stop them but I guess these ones slipped by) / tot 68.53 gr tot 125.61 currently 2nd overall /
CAN Ashton Tessier Start No: 9
Notes: music: The postman & cinema serenade - lovely black lace turtleneck with black gloves & open back - classy / 3l fell / 3z flipped out / 2s / flysit tuck is soso spin is good / 3l / 2z2t / spirals are good / 2a fell / diag ftwrk is very good / 2z / back cam upright variations all on one foot / combo spin is very nice / tot 65.57 gr tot 118.63 currently 3rd overall /
CAN Kristen Walker Start No: 10
Notes: music: butterfly lovers purple with silver sequins / 3t2t nice air pos / 3s hop 2f / flycam / 2a2t / 3t / 2l step out / travel 3s to back cam catch foot nicely done / sit spin in nice variation / spirals are ok / 2s / 1a / strt steps are with the music & well done - if simple / combo spin to end / tot 72.05 gr tot 129.55 currently 2nd overall /
CAN Myriane Samson Start No: 11
Notes: music: medley with vanessa mae / black with silver straps across back / 3z stumbled out 2t / 2a / death drop to nice spin / 2f / some nice chor to twinkly music / 3l fell under rot / 2z / 3s stumbled out / layback with pos variations / 2l2l / combo spin on 1 foot / combo spin with a change of foot / tot 66.79 gr tot 123.49 currently 4th overall /
CAN Amelie Lacoste Start No: 12
Notes: music: romanza by Nina Rota darkblue/black with open back and silver sequin lines radiating from on hip - nicer than it sounds / some nice movement to plaintive violin then piano takes over / 3l2l very nice / 3z pitched forward but clean / 3f way low in the knee on landing but pulled it through and did a 2t on end - she fought hard for that one / I missed a spin / strt steps are nice / 3l hand down / spirals are good / combo spin with very nice pos / 2f / flysit with great fly & tuck - nice spin / 2a / 3l hand down then other foot / big death drop with ok spin / didn't get her numbers but she's currently in 1st overall /
CAN Joannie Rochette Start No: 13
Notes: music: hymne a la'amour & feuilles d'automme dress is shades of pink / lovely chor to opening / 3f / some more chor at centre ice area / 3z turnout 2t / loop didn't get off ice / death drop with very nice spin / more chor into ina / 3s crooked in air saved it / piano starts to pick up speed 3z not sure about 2ft was at far end of rink / strt steps are chor'd right to music / layback is very nice with the quieet music you could hear the shutters of all the photographers cameras as she did it / 3t2t2l / combo spin is very good / spirals are phrased with the music / 2a turn hop 3s / combo spin to end / tot 113.06 gr tot 195.83 currently 1st overall /
CAN Meagan Duhamel Start No: 14
Notes: music: rhondo Caprissioso dark red / flysit with very good fly & tuck spin with variations / 3f / 2a1t / popped z / butterfly back sit / back cam sit to inside edge sit need more sit to upright / travel 3s popped loop / back spiral into 3s fell / 3l landed way pitched forward but clean / strt steps are musical / 3s2t / combo spin to end / tot 82.05 gr tot 146.01 currently 2nd overall /

CAN Tanika Gibbons Start No: 15
Notes: music: Paganini concerto dress is dark purple at top shading to lighter with bit of peach at hem / some chor to start / 2a / 2z (planned as 2z) / 3s flipped out / some chor / fly cam needs more fly but the spin is gorgeous with layover / 3t fell / 3l think foot brushed going through but she held it / some chor to slower music / 3t2t not real pretty but done / almost hit the boards on her back spiral and put out hands to save herself / combo spin / 3s / arabian into back sit / set up for strt steps very well done with the music / big music for the climax of her combo spin to end / tot 76.04 gr tot 138.16 currently 4th overall /
CAN Lesley Hawker Start No: 16
Notes: music: the mission lovely black strapless with silver sequins / 3z / 3f2t / 3l step out / combo spin on one foot - didn’t see it/ back spiral into 3z 2t trouble with toe - think she forgot that she hadn't done a combo son the 1st z / 3t fell / 3s2t / combo spin / music picks up and crowd is clapping for strt steps - well done / spirals are well done / ina into 2a / flycam with layover then layout / deathdrop / not a really great skate in my mind, but she fought through it and fought for everything - she's happy with it / tot 98.82? Gr tot 163.72 currently 2nd overall /
CAN Mira Leung Start No: 17
Notes: music: terra cotta warriers mint green dress with black mandarin style trim & bit of gold trim - very pretty / music starts with flute & some chor low ahhhs now / 3f / dramatic beat now & some chor / 3z / 3s / beat picks up dramatically / flycam to donut with variations / pause in music & very soft harp type sound for layback to 1/2 beillman / violin for spiral with very good extension / 3t2t / 1a / back upright spin with side split / music changes complete for step steps very light & musical / 3z2l big smile on her face / 3f2l2l / combo spin to end with 1/2 beillman on both feet ending in side split / tot 103.0 gr tot 177.79 currently 2nd overall /
CAN Erin Scherrer Start No: 18
Notes: music: piano concertos white shading to peach at hem / some chor to start / high 2z / 3t2t / music softens & slows and chor to match / 2l / not sure what the spin was but ended in sit / 3s fell / flycam to inside edge / ina / 2a / inside out spiral starts the seq / 2a late step out 2t? Not sure / layback spin / stt steps are musical / 3t / combo spin / tot 74.54 gr tot 134.45 currently 7th overall /

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks Rosaleen....

Just wanted to thank you for you great play by play reports from Canadian Nationals. There has been so much competition going on lately that I'm just now catching up on this one!! Love your reports from all of the diciplines.

DG