Capturing 'sweet spots' is the goal for Lajoie and Lagha | Golden Skate

Capturing 'sweet spots' is the goal for Lajoie and Lagha

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

There is a great deal of vulnerability involved when ice dancers are trying to open up and lay everything on the ice, not just to the audience, but to themselves. This is a challenge that many, if not all teams, deal with. It can be difficult when they are not on the same page emotionally at the same time due to external factors, experiences, mental distractions, etc.

"There is a magical moment, the sweet spot," Lajoie explained. "Our goal is to capture that moment as often as possible. When we do, it's so satisfying and not about skating anymore. It's more about living a moment together and with the crowd. We've hit that spot before, but now it's about finding out how and repeating it."

What programs/event have you seen by them where you feel they hit the "sweet spot"?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I don't think there is a single program they have done since their junior world championship season that was "off". I am not saying they have always hit their best at each performance, but rather that there is most likely a good version of each one of these programs. I think the RD will get even better. The FD was quite something already this season. Last year's programs were awesome. Let's not forget their Warsaw concerto, the parrots, etc ... This is one of the reasons I like them so much as they do have the ability to connect with both music and crowd.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I took the time to read the article slowly now.. I had only read in diagonal :) and not until the end... busy week.

I felt a bit strange reading that they know about their fanbase calling them LaLa...I think I was one of the first if not the first GS user coining that term... Blushing. I hope they don't ever find out I also call them "my parrots" HAHA :)

almiranara

Rinkside
i didn't know they trained in Detroit before, was that before they got back together and trained with Marie-France?