Caroline Zhang & Grant Hochstein Engaged | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Caroline Zhang & Grant Hochstein Engaged

brightphoton

Medalist
There is an outfit in the Detroit area that rents out a big white horse to stand in for the traditional elephant in fancy Hindu weddings.

Of course, if you want a real one you can check out this site, "Have Trunk, Will Travel." :yes:

http://www.weddingelephants.com/faq.html

How much does it cost to have an elephant at a wedding?

The cost to have an elephant at a wedding depends on the location and choice of saddles and decorations.

:laugh: I like that. Very diplomatic way of saying, "A lot of $$$$$$ -- come on, you're asking for a literal elephant!"

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I really enjoyed their TSL interview. Congrats to the couple. One thing struck me during that interview though, and they seem awfully young for their ages. Didn't Caroline say he was the first guy she went out with and kissed? Now marriage? Alrighty.... Best to the happy couple.

Icey

Record Breaker
I don't think elephants are rentable anymore. If they are, they best get one who doesn't mule kick.

vlaurend

Final Flight
I really enjoyed their TSL interview. Congrats to the couple. One thing struck me during that interview though, and they seem awfully young for their ages. Didn't Caroline say he was the first guy she went out with and kissed? Now marriage? Alrighty.... Best to the happy couple.

She was a sheltered high level figure skater who didn't go away to college. I don't think it's that unusual. Having seen them together over the past two years, they seem to be very compatible. I'd say she was spared a lot of frog-kissing and managed to land herself a prince on the first try. And to marry a fellow skater is very fortunate, since there aren't a lot of male skaters to go around, and they both understand the culture and demands of the figure skating world (important since they are both coaches as well as competitors).

Last edited:

vlaurend

Final Flight
Didn't she just have surgery? -shudder-

The surgery was to correct a congenital hip problem, not a skating injury. For that reason (and because she probably did tons of physical therapy to strengthen those muscles after surgery), I would think she would be less at risk of a hip injury now.

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
The surgery was to correct a congenital hip problem, not a skating injury. For that reason (and because she probably did tons of physical therapy to strengthen those muscles after surgery), I would think she would be less at risk of a hip injury now.

It's only been a year since her surgery, so I hope she builds slowly. =)