Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season | Page 79 | Golden Skate

Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season

silverlake22

Record Breaker
She said she cut off 16 inches. It used to be past her butt. Now it's a little above her waist.

I'm surprised she always keeps her hair so long. Caroline seems like a very fashionable and modern girl, I don't know why she's so insistent on keeping her Laura Ingalls Wilder hairdo :laugh:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I'm surprised she always keeps her hair so long. Caroline seems like a very fashionable and modern girl, I don't know why she's so insistent on keeping her Laura Ingalls Wilder hairdo :laugh:

Maybe it's more her parents? Or Caroline seems to like a very feminie look so perhaps she likes the long hair because it's "girly"

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker

I take the whole hair thing as more evidence that Caroline just can't break out of her "comfort zone"--same as her skating. She needs to revamp both her haircut and her skating. Perhaps if she chopped that hair to shoulder length, she'd stop having to drag around 5 extra pounds of hair and could speed up a bit. :laugh:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I take the whole hair thing as more evidence that Caroline just can't break out of her "comfort zone"--same as her skating. She needs to revamp both her haircut and her skating. Perhaps if she chopped that hair to shoulder length, she'd stop having to drag around 5 extra pounds of hair and could speed up a bit. :laugh:

You actually have a point. Hair is really heavy, and Caroline has already gained a significant amount of weight since growing so much taller and going through puberty. You would think speed would make her jumps so much easier though, I'm amazed she usually lands most of her jumps with that little speed going into them, she must be very physically strong!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Maybe she didn't want the press? I don't think anyone really thinks Caroline doesn't have a shot at the Olympics.

One thing I know from past history is that Caroline will get no favors at Nationals. If she is the best skater there, she might get silver. To get gold, she will have to totally surpass the competition.

R.D.

Record Breaker
One thing I know from past history is that Caroline will get no favors at Nationals. If she is the best skater there, she might get silver. To get gold, she will have to totally surpass the competition.

Still, that would be good enough to get her on the Team.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I just remembered that Alissa used to have REALLYY long hair too. In Ice Diaries her hair was like down to her butt. Maybe it's a skater thing, they all like to have long hair?

LeCygne

Final Flight
Maybe it's more her parents? Or Caroline seems to like a very feminie look so perhaps she likes the long hair because it's "girly"

I don't think it would be her parents. The only thing I've heard of is some Indian parents not letting girls cut their long hair because it is required in many forms of classical Indian dance.. But that's obviously not the case for skating..

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
since when has long hair been "out"??? I know a lot of girls/women who have extremely long hair for no other reason than they like to have long hair. why does there have to be some pressure filled reason for Caroline to have it?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
since when has long hair been "out"??? I know a lot of girls/women who have extremely long hair for no other reason than they like to have long hair. why does there have to be some pressure filled reason for Caroline to have it?

Once hair gets to a certain length it goes from being fashionable to frumpy. The ends get tattered, etc. Caroline's hair used to be at that length.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Any news on Caroline. Has she tweeted about Nationals? Come on Caroliine fans the Sasha thread has surpassed us. lol

eta: I don't think either the Sasha or Caroline threads will ever catch up to the Plushenko thread.

Last edited:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Her Twitter account is protected ever since an incident back in June.

She is keeping a very low profile. Maybe that's a good thing.

aftertherain

Record Breaker

In a really strange way, I thought that kinda made sense. Hahah.

Perhaps new look = better speed = better skating = WOOH(?)

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
What happened? :confused:

Caroline did a charity show in Boxborough, MA back in June. Somebody stole her luggage with her skates in it. See note # 450 of this thread. She posted one brief comment that expressed frustration with the Boston Police Dept, who eventually retrieved her skates. Some people on Twitter came down on Caroline pretty hard for the comment she made about the Boston police. So she protected her Twitter updates. See note # 582.

Many of us were upset that she was treated so harshly by the other Twitter posters. But the damage was done.