Championnats Québécois d'été 2022 | Golden Skate

Championnats Québécois d'été 2022

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And a livestream:hap10:. Can't wait to see what Nic and Emma look like together.

And also to see Deanna and Maxime. :)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Good pairs and dance line ups currently. Senior pairs has Stellato/Deschamps, Matte/Ferland, McIntosh/Mimar, Proft/Nadeau...

Senior dance has Soucisse/Firus, Lauriault/Le Gac, Sales/Wamsteeker, Fabbri/Ayer, Lanaghan/Razgulajevs, Bronsard/Richmond (excited to see Emmy back competing). Then also some international teams, like Harris/Chan and Lafond-Fournier/Kam.

Then junior dance has Bashynska/Beaumont, Lim/Quan, the new IAM Japanese team Kishimoto/Tamura and more.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just a note that i have noticed now that Aleksa Volkova, daughter of Volkov and Dagenais (coaching in Russia) is entered in junior women, representing the Boucherville (QC) club

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
Don't recognize any of the SR ladies. Might be a big chance for someone to step up to the plate and set themselves up for the season. Be nice if someone can pop up out of the blue like Maddy did and push Maddy a bit. Think Maddy has great promise but think she needs to be pushed more within CAN. When Alaine, Gabby and Kaetlyn were all in the mix they each pushed each other to great things. Although Alaine never quite kept up with the other two.
Also it should be interesting in the pairs event - a CAN pecking order might be established. The only ones not here are Evelyn and Kent.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Don't recognize any of the SR ladies. Might be a big chance for someone to step up to the plate and set themselves up for the season. Be nice if someone can pop up out of the blue like Maddy did and push Maddy a bit. Think Maddy has great promise but think she needs to be pushed more within CAN. When Alaine, Gabby and Kaetlyn were all in the mix they each pushed each other to great things. Although Alaine never quite kept up with the other two.
Also it should be interesting in the pairs event - a CAN pecking order might be established. The only ones not here are Evelyn and Kent.
It has been a while since Quebec produced a Joannie Rochette.... or even a Veronik Mallet... but in the juniors, there are a few good girls : Sarah-Maude Dupuis and Justine Miclette.

Sackie

Medalist
Yes I liked them both from this past year. Just wished CAN would send these promising young skaters out to more events. When they do get sent they are so wide eyed that they can't show what they are capable of. I remember Cotop and all the promise she had but when she went to Jr Worlds and then Sr Worlds she just was not ready. And now she is done.

Sackie

Medalist
I should have added that I also was impressed with Fiona Bombardier. She has a very nice 3L - if only she can up her combo to 3L3T. And she is at this event as well. Hopefully these 3 will push each other to do their best.
Has Alicia Pinneault retired. Cause I would think she would be at this event if not. Or is she injured again. Another CAN lady who never reached her full potential.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes. Fiona, I didn't mention her because she is a junior who represents Ontario and we were talking seniors from Quebec : but she is fabulous.

Alicia : no idea. She was the next in line but injuries over injuries.... very sad as she has it all.

Andrea82

Medalist
Where can I see the results from this comp? Anyone know?

Results will appear at this page:

Livestreams will be here:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Evelyn and Kent
Maybe that is an autocorrect error? Trennt, not Kent. 🙂

For some reason, your error made me think of the upcoming Barbie & Ken movie, which reminds me that Aljona/Robin once created a Barbie exhibition program. LOL! I wonder if the new film might generate ideas for pairs teams. ;)

I'm looking forward to this event!

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I was trying to read the schedule, but I can't tell for certain. Does senior men start tomorrow? Does senior pairs sp start on the 5th. Can anyone translate?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The schedule is fairly simple to read

Each day shows up in grey. Even if you don't read French, 4, 5, 6, 7 (août is August) is written.

So vertically, you get each day. Reading horizontally, you get the ICE where things happen. There are 3 ice sheets Glace 4, 3, and 1.
It's important to know if you are planning to livestream ;)

And then, the colour coding is the ISU colour coding... Women in pink, men in blue, pairs in green and ice dance in yellow.

Anyways, i hope this helps.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
PS : I could go because i took time off this week but I decided to live stream instead.... I don't feel like being doing all that transit at this point ;)

I may or may not write "highlights" depending on what I end up doing ;)

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Results will appear at this page:

Livestreams will be here:
Thank you!!!