Choosing New Boot & Blade | Golden Skate

Choosing New Boot & Blade

zafinaseer

Spectator
Hi! I've seen many posts about which boot and blade would be best but I couldn't find an answer to my concerns!

I'm a female, 5"4 and 120lbs who can do most of the single jumps (quit skating before I could get them all) but can't seem to spin!
I was looking to buy the Edea Chorus as they're good for those looking to try double jumps (which I would never go beyond) so I figure they would be worth my money since I could keep them for long since I don't skate much anyways (1-2 times a week for 1-2hours).

However, I'm looking for a budget-friendly blade. The ones I have right now are the Jackson Wilson Mirage with a 8" rocker which is obviously a beginner blade.

I've heard that 8" rockers are harder to spin on? I'm wondering if transferring to a 7" rocker would be beneficial for my spins.

If so, I've been looking at the Coronation Ace (which I understand a lot of people love) and also the Ultima Legacy 7 which is apparently a cheaper alternative. Is this true? I'm looking for a blade to help with my turns and spins so feel free to recommend any other!

Thank you so much! < 3

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi! I've seen many posts about which boot and blade would be best but I couldn't find an answer to my concerns!

I'm a female, 5"4 and 120lbs who can do most of the single jumps (quit skating before I could get them all) but can't seem to spin!
I was looking to buy the Edea Chorus as they're good for those looking to try double jumps (which I would never go beyond) so I figure they would be worth my money since I could keep them for long since I don't skate much anyways (1-2 times a week for 1-2hours).

However, I'm looking for a budget-friendly blade. The ones I have right now are the Jackson Wilson Mirage with a 8" rocker which is obviously a beginner blade.

I've heard that 8" rockers are harder to spin on? I'm wondering if transferring to a 7" rocker would be beneficial for my spins.

If so, I've been looking at the Coronation Ace (which I understand a lot of people love) and also the Ultima Legacy 7 which is apparently a cheaper alternative. Is this true? I'm looking for a blade to help with my turns and spins so feel free to recommend any other!

Thank you so much! < 3
Hi and welcome. FIrst of all, please visit a reputable figure skate fitter. They can trace and measure your feet properly and tell you what brand(s) work best with your foot.

And Coronation Ace to go with whatever boot. Legacy is not a cheaper alternative and is flatter rocker than Coro Ace. MK Pro OTOH is an alternative to Coro Ace.

Good luck!