Chronicles of Narnia | Golden Skate

Chronicles of Narnia

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I loved the CS lewis books when I was younger... my mom started reading them to me, and once I learned how to read myself I finished the series.

I was very excited to see this movie, especially since Weta (the effects company who did lord of the rings) was involved. I saw a matinee on tuesday and thouroughly enjoyed it. Narnia was different than I had imagined it in my head, and also quite different than BBC or animated versions I had seen in the past, but it was quite stunning visually.

I always had a thing for closets because of the the wardrobe, and perhaps its why I have a clothes/shoes fetish now. As if I fill it up enough there will be a magical land disguised in there.

GO SEE IT!

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I saw the movie and thought it was spectacular. I loved the animation of the amazing animal characters. I thought that the little girl that plays "Lucy" stole the show. I also loved the texture of Aslan's hair as he went back and forth between animation and puppet. I have always been a fan of Tilda Swinton's "The White Witch" I thought she did a great job playing the badgirl role. I also thought her costumes were wonderful. As for closet's..I don't like them.. I felt closerphobic so I came out of mine..lol

I am going tonight to see KING KONG.. I'm sure it will be this years Titanic..
Happy movie watching!!!!!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I too saw this movie last weekend. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the book was a little dull, but the movie wasn't. This is one of the first times that I have liked the movie better than the book. The casting of the children and the witch were spot on.........bravo.......42

JOHIO2

Medalist
Liz,
glad to hear you are doing better than a few days ago.

As for TLTWATW - it's been made tons of times and I've seen most of them. I'll see this one too, just not sure when. I am giving my grandson a Witch and Wardrobe dvd, an animated version. Kids have loved this story and my daughter was one of them. Since she is a born-again type, this is an acceptable thing for baby to see and I expect he'll watch it frequently over the next few years. Especially since they'll probably expand the number of versions available to him to watch! Wonder how long til this comes out on dvd?

K-Mo

On the Ice
This version will probably be on DVD sometime this spring. It won't be long.

I really enjoyed this movie. I didn't like the animated BBC version made years ago. This movie looked AMAZING. I thought this one captured the epic battle feel and created a lovely fantasy world. The White Witch was cast really well--she looked COLD just like she was supposed to. I love the casting of Liam Neeson as Aslan.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I went to see this last sunday, i think it was. I loved every minute. Can't wait for Prince Caspian, or whichever one is next. :) :clap: