Cinquanta support Kim 's gold | Golden Skate

Cinquanta support Kim 's gold

Barb

Record Breaker
The poor Yuna :sarcasm:, Who needs the support of your federation when you has the support of the president of the ISU :scowl:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
If she deserves gold she will get it. Yuna is good enough to be immune from bad placements that result from politicking. However, after watching the team event, I no longer think she can fall and beat a clean Julia or Adelina.

ks777

Record Breaker
I just read the article and he did NOT endorse Kim. Cinquanta simply answered a reporter's question. The question was who he would bet on.. he said he would bet on Kim because she won't get intimidated. He said it's going to come down to Mental Toughness. Obviously Kim is really tough and won't crumble under pressure easily.

NMURA

Medalist
As I read, he's just saying "if I bet my money on the winner, I will bet on Kim. Because she has the strongest nerves." Even the reporter explains that it is a "comfortable talk" by a "sport diplomat".

Using terms like "support" or "endorse" is very misleading.

Krislite

Medalist
Give me a break. This is nothing more than an attempt to bait and troll. He answered in English which got translated to Korean then to Japanese and then misquoted and taken out context.

pec0

Match Penalty
As I read, he's just saying "if I bet my money on the winner, I will bet on Kim. Because she has the strongest nerves." Even the reporter explains that it is a "comfortable talk" by a "sport diplomat".

Using terms like "support" or "endorse" is very misleading.

Sorry if i chose wrong words.
But I was shocked.
As drivingmissdaisy's comment, there are really strong girls will skate. Mr.Cinq knows his position and what he should or should say. If he speak up to underline his favourite is Kim, he should really want to influence the game don't you think?

ks777

Record Breaker
Give me a break. This is nothing more than an attempt to bait and troll. He answered in English which got translated to Korean then to Japanese and then misquoted and taken out context.

No, the OP translated the article wrong.

starrynight

On the Ice

How is it deemed as "endorsement"? Shame on all the trolls across the world.

cooper

Medalist
^you forgot..it's not even an endorsement!!! just talk about changing the real content of that article.. shame!!

How is it deemed as "endorsement"? Shame on all the trolls across the world.

this. before all these trolls start whining already they forgot that yuna is not even the overwhelming favorite here...

I agree with Mr. Cinquanta. Yuna Kim has excellent control over her nerves.

But so does Julie Lipnitskia, as far as we can tell.

I can't wait for tomorrow!

thinspread

On the Ice
It's Yuna Time!
http://www.olympic.org/news/it-s-yuna-time/225197?id=225197

IOC supports Yuna's gold! It's fixed! LOL

Seriously, more than half of FS sponsors for ISU events are Japanese. The Olys are in Russia. And Yuna is sent to these events by an obscure federation as far as figure skating is concerned. NONE of her wins has been gifted to her. She has earned her victories fair and square, leaving no doubt on ANY of them. It won't be different this time around either.

Her journey ends in 48 hrs. I just wish she and the other ladies give it all they've prepared and leave no regrets, win or lose.

chloepoco

Medalist
^you forgot..it's not even an endorsement!!! just talk about changing the real content of that article.. shame!!

this. before all these trolls start whining already they forgot that yuna is not even the overwhelming favorite here...

Uhm, if you're pointing fingers (arrows) at me, I was replying to Krislite, as well as Gourry, who were saying these were Japanese articles, when, in fact, the original is from a Korean source.

However, I do find it amusing because I'm sure if it was Julia that was mentioned instead of Yuna, y'all would be talking conspiracy theories.

cooper

Medalist
Uhm, if you're pointing fingers (arrows) at me, I was replying to Krislite, as well as Gourry, who were saying these were Japanese articles, when, in fact, the original is from a Korean source.

However, I do find it amusing because I'm sure if it was Julia that was mentioned instead of Yuna, y'all would be talking conspiracy theories.

oh please. true the original source is from korea but the japanese article completely changed the content just trying to make something out of nothing.. but you won't even bother to look at that anyway.. :rolleye:

chloepoco

Medalist
oh please. true the original source is from korea but the japanese article completely changed the content just trying to make something out of nothing.. but you won't even bother to look at that anyway.. :rolleye:

Uh no... My mother is Korean (I'm half, but can't read) and translated the article for me. She also is fluent in Japanese :)

BTW, why are you so hostile? Who cares what Cinquanta says? Yuna will win regardless--she's just "that good".