Cleo Park: From Disney helmets to U.S. Junior bronze | Golden Skate

Cleo Park: From Disney helmets to U.S. Junior bronze

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Learn more about the 2024 U.S. National Jr. 🥉 who made her international debut as a junior this past season! She talks about her inspiration for skating, her new programs for 2024-25, life outside of skating, and more!

“At the beiginning of the season, Park Had a triple flip-triple toe but that changed up at nationals as her feet grew.

“ ‘I had to get bigger boots,’ she explained. ‘With the new boots, I kept making mistakes on my triple flip-triple toe (and switched to triple Salchow-triple toe.)’ ”

Details like this make the interview!

Glad to hear that she had her Disney Princess helmet to protect her when she “fell backward and bonked her head on the ice." :clap:

Last edited:

Weathergal

Medalist
Like with Aleksandr Fegan, it's nice to read an article about an up-and-coming junior.

I love that, even with what must be a very busy schedule with school and skating, Cleo finds time to give back and help support skating by serving as her rink's junior board vice president and by founding a non-profit to provide free skating dresses to young figure skaters.

I always find it impressive when someone so young shows such dedication to their sport and to helping others.