Cohen's beauty and polish not appreciated? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Cohen's beauty and polish not appreciated?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Wasn't Sasha's LP at Worlds one of (if not ) the best LPs she has had?

Notice I am phrasing more things a questions.:laugh:

And what ever happened to her "spinning down into splits" end pose?

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Wasn't Sasha's LP at Worlds one of (if not ) the best LPs she has had?

Notice I am phrasing more things a questions.:laugh:

And what ever happened to her "spinning down into splits" end pose?

I don't remember that pose... do you have a link? And someone please correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm sure I am...) wasn't that move made illegal in competition?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I don't remember that pose... do you have a link? And someone please correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm sure I am...) wasn't that move made illegal in competition?

I have a Montage that someone gave me to review that has her doing it, I will post it for Ted at
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7A948C8873F16540
....the move is right around the 1 minute marker.

Can anyone place that comp? Or should I say, what was that comp? I am sure someone will know.

He also would want me to tell you he didn't want the flag over the whole video.

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
'05 - I know Joe will love this, with her "perfectly Pink" dress.

Now I think about it, 04 was good too wasn't it? That was the black and white swan dress right?

No, she rocked the black & white Swan at Marshall's (maybe 04??) during which she clocked in her first win over MK... that Worlds was the white Robin version and while she didn't fall, she wasn't spectacular either... (granted, I didn't see the QR, where Joe has reported that she was indeed spectacular...)

R.D.

Record Breaker
Her butt may not have hit the ice but she did have a nasty stumble near the end of that one.

05- don't remember. Pretty forgettable but given the circumstances it was actually quite a feat. I didn't even think she would medal that year.

Sasha is an excellent figure skater albeit a very erratic one. You know the saying, When she is good she is very very good and when she is bad..........

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
I wouldn't say she's erratic because you can usually count on 1-2 mistakes in the long program. An erratic skater to me would be someone who can be squeaky clean one day and be all over the ice the next. As in totally UNPREDICTABLE. You don't know whether she's going to fall or not. With Cohen I find myself "waiting for the mistake" whenever she skates her free programs.

temperboy28

Match Penalty
Hi again kids. I am the same temperboy, but I had a birthday so I changed my number for my age. :) Alot of you made some good points. I guess under the old system the judge is "required" to take off a certain number of points for each jump you miss, and they cant overall consider as much whether the rest of the quality of the performance compensates enough, when compared to others, to still get a certain placing. That is unfortunate, but I guess it is COP.

MKFSfan

Medalist

I'm with Kwanford, I don't think she ever intentionally spun to a split. Are you talking about the fall she took at Marshalls SkateFest at the end of R&J, where she is doing her usual ending I-catch spin, caught a rut in the ice and flopped down in a split position on the ice while on her side? Granted, she saved the ending from being a sloppy, obvious mistake, but she still fell. That is an illegal move-skater can't lie down on ice anymore.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Not a fall or mistake at appearance - have any of you watched that video I posted back a number of threads? It is an exhibition, and had no idea whether it was an illegal move or not. Just curious what anyone new about it, and I think it is extremely cool looking.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
For some reason I'm remembering a skater doing not really a spin, but more of a pivot, down into a split on the ice. It was done rather slowly and controlled. I think it was one of her earlier programs, maybe an exhibition? With a red dress? Madame Butterfly? I'm really not sure about any of this! I'm not even positive it was Sasha, but I think it was.

R.D.

Record Breaker
err, you mean falls into a split, right? That was an outright fall-so sudden and abrupt it couldn't possibly be part of the routine.

(when she does those kinds of moves, doesn't she just sort of glide into it?)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
err, you mean falls into a split, right? That was an outright fall-so sudden and abrupt it couldn't possibly be part of the routine.

(when she does those kinds of moves, doesn't she just sort of glide into it?)

Don't rain I MIGHT agree with a fall - a "the music has ended I must stop. But the one in the Video I supplied via Ted, no, that is not a fall.

R.D.

Record Breaker
My bad, that was the other program. The one in the pink dress, no, that's fine.

She always ends DROMP with a split and since otherwise she always ends with Yspin, she probably always ends it with spinning into split.

I'm not going to go back and watch all her DROMPs to confirm this, though!

R.D.

Record Breaker
split? I don't recall that...I think it was just that particular Marshall's performance, right?

antmanb

Record Breaker
No, she rocked the black & white Swan at Marshall's (maybe 04??) during which she clocked in her first win over MK... that Worlds was the white Robin version and while she didn't fall, she wasn't spectacular either... (granted, I didn't see the QR, where Joe has reported that she was indeed spectacular...)

How the worlds competitions all bleed into one - i though '04 worlds was the last scored under 6.0...and i seemed to think that was the year Cohen was in a blue dress and fell out of the change edge camel spin....was that not the LP or was that a different year?

Ant