Cohen's Comeback | Golden Skate

Cohen's Comeback

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
That'd great! :)

She'll be at the Skate for a Cure in Bloomington Normal IL....I want to go so badly.

Good girl! As long as she earns her spot for the US Nats in 2010 and podiums.

By the way, does she have to go through Regionals and Sectionals?

So with Sasha and Evgeni coming back to face their respective national colleagues, it should be a very interesting season leading to 2010 Winter Olympics.

Good luck to both.

CB1AB2

Medalist
Good for her. I'm happy she will be back. I loved seeing her the past seasons with Stars on Ice. Best of Luck

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
I think she is simply saying this to get attention. A year from now there will be a mysterious injury or deeply thought out personal decision or some such nonsense.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
:clap:Ive always loved her programs:love: I wish her the best of luck if she decides to go thru with it and compete:rock: It should make Nationals all the more exciting :biggrin:

Now all we need is a statement from Michelle;)

Mafke

Medalist
I personally will believe that she (and Plushenko) are serious when they've finished a short program in competition.

waxel

Final Flight
Pixie Cut, I too would be surprised if this actually happens.

But, I think it's great. The sport needs exposure, and this might help get some buzz come Olys time. I wonder if NBC has offered or dangled her some incentive??

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think she is simply saying this to get attention. A year from now there will be a mysterious injury or deeply thought out personal decision or some such nonsense.

I tend to agree. Sasha's never been a dedicated trainer, and it doesn't look as if she'll really get into deep training until after the SOI season. Then it will be a huge mountain to climb to get back her triples and land them reasonably consistently, especially the harder triples which she hasn't attempted for almost 3 years now.

IMO, if Sasha had committed to competing THIS season, then she would have a reasonable chance of being in competitive shape for the Olympic season. But she's left herself with an awful lot to do, and not much time to do it in, and that is a scenario for injury.

Yes, Sasha would have to do Regionals and Sectionals, unless the USFS scheduled her for conflicting competitions. Skate America is the weekend of November 12, and it's the only GP Sasha could do, as she is not on the ISU Ranking list or the Seasons Best list. SWP Regionals are the weekend of Oct 23, so she'd have to be scheduled for an International "B" within a week of that time.

The question is A-would the USFS be willing to accommodate her and B-would Sasha be ready to compete that early in the season. I think the answer to A is probably, and to B, very probably not.

Last edited by a moderator:

fairly4

Medalist
so what if she comes back. the U.S. is going to continue to cheat for her like they did in the past. They won't admit they made a mistake by cheating. Just like the previous Olympics, the real reason they don't change is because if the did . the judges would have to admit they make mistake. Being human they cant, wont, and are too proud.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
how did they cheat for her, again? did they pay off the skaters so that they would skate worse than she did? they paid MK to withdraw, too, right?

Wrlmy

Medalist
so what if she comes back. the U.S. is going to continue to cheat for her like they did in the past. They won't admit they made a mistake by cheating. Just like the previous Olympics, the real reason they don't change is because if the did . the judges would have to admit they make mistake. Being human they cant, wont, and are too proud.

Were Irina and Fumie cheated of silver and bronze because of their Russian and Japanese heritage?

Kasey

Medalist
I'll believe when I see it, and I doubt I'll see it. Considering the troubles that Plushenko seems to be having with trying to get his jumps back, I would think it to be near impossible for Sasha, who has never been as consistent in her jumps as he was.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Yes, Sasha would have to do Regionals and Sectionals, unless the USFS scheduled her for conflicting competitions. Skate America is the weekend of November 12, and it's the only GP Sasha could do, as she is not on the ISU Ranking list or the Seasons Best list. SWP Regionals are the weekend of Oct 23, so she'd have to be scheduled for an International "B" within a week of that time.

I don't think she has to qualify through Regionals and Sectionals because she is a current cycle Olympic medallist returning which has always provided a bye to Nationals. Was this bye reason eliminated?

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
Another desperate cry for attention, IMO. Her jumps were awful at SOI, and the only triples she ever attempted were salchow and toe loop. There is almost no way that she can compete with the current crop of skaters. She's a lazy trainer and a headcase under pressure, I don't see her being able to keep up.

Medusa

Record Breaker
There is only one thing more annoying and boring than another "Plushenko comes back"-thread: a "Cohen comes back"-thread.

And yet I am reading this thread... :no:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I will be at the Galen center show tonight and will let everybody know how she does. I hope she is serious about a comeback, and i hope she can do it!