Combined Barack Obama thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Combined Barack Obama thread

netnuts

Match Penalty
MO's latest comments.

http://www.kansascity.com/445/story/373706.html

Michelle Obama, 43, is especially challenging other black women, who'll be pivotal in the South Carolina primary, to consider whether they're torn between the two leading Democratic candidates because they identify with Clinton as a woman, admire her experience or loved Bill Clinton as president, or because racism has shaded their instincts.

"I know folks talk in barbershops and beauty salons, and I've heard some folks say, 'That Barack, he seems like a nice guy, but I'm not sure America's ready for a black president,'" Michelle Obama told a crowd Tuesday at historically black South Carolina State University.

"We've heard those voices before, voices that say, 'Maybe you should wait' - you know? - 'You can't do it,'" she said. "It's the bitter legacy of racism and discrimination and oppression in this country."

Her black pride message is a difficult one to calibrate, not only because overreaching could bring a backlash, but also because the campaign's national strategy hinges on whites seeing Obama as a post-racial candidate.

Obama's is playing race card deftly here. To most people outside SC, he tries to project a above-race image, but in SC, his campaign is tinkering on race baiting.
This is dangerous stuff.

netnuts

Match Penalty
Another Obama scandal

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/25/AR2007112501454.html

Kent Cooper, the FEC’s retired chief of public disclosure, said the commission, if it chose, could declare that Obama’s presidential campaign and PAC were “affiliated,” meaning some activities involving the PAC could be declared in-kind contributions to the presidential campaign that would exceed current donation limits.

“At this stage of the race, for a presidential candidate, it is a brazen effort to use every avenue to influence an election,” Cooper said. “I can’t believe the Obama people can keep a straight face and claim these aren’t part of the presidential race.”

This guy is basically bribing those democrats to endorse him, and he's preaching us 'politics of hope', 'clean campaign'...

Geez, I can't wait for this hypocrite to lose big time.

netnuts

Match Penalty
Obama/Oprah ticket?

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1687526,00.html

Winfrey's endorsement — and her announcement that she will appear with Obama at campaign events in Iowa, South Carolina, and New Hampshire on December 8 and 9 — helps bring the following four things to Obama: campaign cash, celebrity, excitement and big crowds.

Well, I guess Ms. Oprah is pretty happy about her 'black restoration project'... It's just bizarre nobody is calling out this guy who's a is playing race card so blatantly in SC.

:bow::bow:

netnuts

Match Penalty
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/

Ex-Taliban spokesman also ex-Obama Facebooker
Here's an odd tidbit from the Facebook data stream, via a friend who is Facebook "friends" with Sayed Rahmatullah Hashemi, the former roving Taliban Ambassador now studying at Yale.

Rahmatullah was, until recently, a member of the university's Facebook group for Obama supporters; he left the group November 19.

Barak Hussein Obama will be eaten alive in general election if he manages to win the democratic nominee.
:bow:

heyang

Record Breaker
Netnuts, why don't you tell us who is a good candidate and why vs denouncing one that isn't neccessarily the favorite to win his party. Talk about negative campaigning!

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
"What the devil(sic) is going on here?" - Vince Lombardi, coach, Green Bay Packers. :biggrin:

I was under the impression that NO political comment was allowed here - and that means not even creating a "General Chat" category and using it for politics.
Now, if you tell me that this IS allowed here, then I'll be more than happy to chime in with my Republican point of view, which obviously is badly needed here anyway!:biggrin:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was under the impression that NO political comment was allowed

This is correct. We erroneously allowed the thread to stay, thinking that most GS posters would be mature about it.

A test if you will....

Netnuts obviously has failed and is being asked to go sit in the corner, or the thread will be closed.

netnuts

Match Penalty
This is correct. We erroneously allowed the thread to stay, thinking that most GS posters would be mature about it.

A test if you will....

Netnuts obviously has failed and is being asked to go sit in the corner, or the thread will be closed.

Sorry this thread was originally under 'the voting booth' and then was moved here.
I was under the impression that political discussion was allowed under 'the voting booth'...

Could you clarify for us? Thanks.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This post is being moved to a new folder. Please follow redirect.

GS is going to allow politcs in a separate unmoderated folder.