Crystal-Cirque du Soleil + Figure Skating | Golden Skate

Crystal-Cirque du Soleil + Figure Skating

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I am going to see Cirque du Soleil's Crystal and was watching a Youtube promo. I was surprised to see Kurt Browning. It seems he plays a big part in the skating part of the show. Hope the show will boost the popularity of figure skating to the level of circus shows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVPAW1eibT0

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Shawn Sawyer is part of the cast. It's also coming to Canada later on.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Get back from the show:
1. The beginning is a little boring.
2. The Irish music themed hockey/rollerblade XGame styled ice skating was awesome.
3. There is only one section that perfectly combined air acrobatics with skating. I guess to be the main cast, you have to be able to do both well. This kind of talent is hard to find. At the end, I know why the lady was the main cast.
4. A number of skaters with awesome skating skills. I believe one lady did I spin, and one did a triple.
5. However, the most exciting part of the show is still air acrobatics. That's where the thrill is.

senatormls

On the Ice
Kurt looks like he has not aged! ( Well a little gray.. but who cares!) I hope the show comes to Europe! Long overdue for this kind of entertainment. Skating needs a new outlet for the pros and this is it.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not the biggest Cirque du Soleil fan (although I did :love: the Beatles "LOVE" show), but if Kurt & Shawn are in it, count me in!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think that Kurt (and Ben Agosto) were consultants (choreograhpers) but are not in the show.

Known cast members are Shawn Sawyer and Cordero Zuckerman, who were arrested (!) in San Antonio days before the show opened there.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Kurt Browning and Ben Agosto were creative consultants.

Shawn Sawyer and Alissa Czisny are cast members.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Alissa Czisny? I am not sure I saw her. All the four main female skating cast members wore red hair wigs and three wore identical outfit. If Alissa were there, it should be one of the three. There were also four ice dance couples.

CdnSk8Fan

Rinkside
As I understand it, the performers work for around 10 weeks on / 2 weeks off cycle. So it could have been planned time off.