Cynthia Phaneuf is now a mom! | Golden Skate

Cynthia Phaneuf is now a mom!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
ETA: Jaxson "Spartacus" Talbot was born this morning according to Max Talbot's NHL teammate.

ETAx2: Quotes added because according to Max, Spartacus is just a nickname, not a middle name: https://twitter.com/Max25talbot/status/439248150486712320

She's currently pregnant with her and her NHL-player-boyfriend Max Talbot's baby.

According to NHL reporters at tonight's Colorado Avalanche/Philadelphia Flyers game (Max is currently playing for the Avalanche):

Max Talbot preparing for home birth of first child with fiancee: "It will hurt. For her. But I think its good for the baby."

https://twitter.com/NHLAdamK/status/431568095594172417

Former Flyer Max Talbot said his fiancée will deliver their first child during a home birth in a few days. "Hope the baby looks like me."

https://twitter.com/BroadStBull/status/431478754591117312

Thought it was interesting news on a former skater.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well maybe her oly medal will be a baby I guess. I still think she deserved the bronze in 2010 world's they should have not given any bronze that year or made them share it lol. They were all so mediocre. It meant someone was going to get really lucky and was the type of skater who could be third or out of the top ten!

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
Why is it good for the baby that it be born at home?

I don't think you realize the HUGE can of worms in the world of parenting/mothering debates you have just opened. :laugh: Go on any parenting forum/website and the hospital vs home birth debates are nasty. I stay as far away from them as possible.

Anyways, congratulations to Cynthia and her fiance. I hope all goes as smoothly as possible for mom and baby.

stevlin

On the Ice
Why is it good for the baby that it be born at home?
Some times it's not safe to give birth at home. Any complication could arise. If you are in the hospital you can get medical help right away. The baby's heart rate could get compromised, breech birth, hemmorage, etc. Not to mention horrible pain for the mom. I've had complications with all three of my childrens birth. Thank God I was in the hospital or I would have died.

ks777

Record Breaker
wow I had no idea they were together. I used to watch Max play on tv when he was with the pens. I just can't imagine Cynthia with Max..

peg

Medalist
I hope for Cynthia's sake that I'm wrong, but Max's comment that he hoped the baby looks like him really raises some red flags for me. At the very least, it's a very odd statement to make. More often you hear fathers-to-be saying something to the effect that they hope the baby looks like the mom or has the mom's good looks. Saying he hopes the baby looks like him makes me wonder whether a) he doesn't want the baby look like Cynthia, b) he thinks he's the better-looking of the pair or c) he's not sure the baby is his, but if it looks like him it would mean that it is in fact his. The last one is the sentiment I've most often heard associated with that statement.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it really struck me as being 'off'. I wish Cynthia every happiness.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I hope for Cynthia's sake that I'm wrong, but Max's comment that he hoped the baby looks like him really raises some red flags for me. At the very least, it's a very odd statement to make. More often you hear fathers-to-be saying something to the effect that they hope the baby looks like the mom or has the mom's good looks. Saying he hopes the baby looks like him makes me wonder whether a) he doesn't want the baby look like Cynthia, b) he thinks he's the better-looking of the pair or c) he's not sure the baby is his, but if it looks like him it would mean that it is in fact his. The last one is the sentiment I've most often heard associated with that statement.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it really struck me as being 'off'. I wish Cynthia every happiness.

I think you're just reading waaaaaaaaaay too much into it. From what I've seen of Max from hockey stuff, he's a cool guy. I'd think it was just him joking around. According to him, it's the best day of his life and he's feeling blessed at the birth of the baby.

And on another general note (to everyone, not just you), Spartacus is just a nickname (not sure of why, exactly) according to Max's Twitter.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think you're just reading waaaaaaaaaay too much into it. From what I've seen of Max from hockey stuff, he's a cool guy. I'd think it was just him joking around. According to him, it's the best day of his life and he's feeling blessed at the birth of the baby.

And on another general note (to everyone, not just you), Spartacus is just a nickname (not sure of why, exactly) according to Max's Twitter.
Can you put some cute puppy pics on the judging controversy page? It might help a little.