Czisny's Comeback | Golden Skate

Czisny's Comeback

macy

Record Breaker
Everyone knows Alissa came really came back last season after 2010 and changing coaches. What did you expect from her after her coaching change? Was it similar to how things played out or didn't think it would be any different from the past? Do you think she will continue to be a "new skater" and improve upon last year and not sink back into her inconsistency? Do you think differently of her skating now?
My opinion--I have SO much respect for her after not quitting and putting forth her best effort to change as a skater. Yuka and Jason have worked wonders with her and she is such a wonderful role model for skaters all over the world for not quitting and never gave up. I didn't know what to expect after her coaching change; I did think she would improve but not as drastically as she did. So far it is carrying on into this season and I hope she will continue to keep the momentum up.

I hope she is able to keep up the wonderful work she has been doing. It's such a joy to watch her these days. I always loved her skating, but now I think she loves it as well.

It's satisfying to see her progress not just for her sake but because of Yuka and Jason. What a wonderful coaching team they've turned out to be.

macy

Record Breaker
It was always so hard to see her skate well and then skate poorly...she was so on and off and you had to hold your breath when she competed. I also got the feeling that she didn't love skating like she used to and it's great seeing that she found her love for it again. I hope she stays through 2014, but either way I'm going to be really sad when she retires :(

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
The improvement in her consistency was much greater than I had expected. I never thought her jump entrances looked secure but she lands them relatively consistently now. Even a "bad" skate from her now places her on the podium most of the time, which wasn't the case before when she could completely fall apart.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I did not expect such improvement but when the coach said his philosophy was based on her spinning and taking her great spinning skill to her jumping I thought he hit the nail on the head! She just went to the absolute right person for her skills.