Daisuke Takahashi | Page 87 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

BusyMom

Medalist
Bear in mind that in Japanese, they frequently use family words like "sister", "uncle" etc to refer to people... but not just family members - they'll use those terms even for complete strangers, in the same way that we might use "Miss", "Mr/Sir" etc.
Thanks YesWay. That's embarrassing because most of Asian culture are that way, especially my own. :laugh: Since I read the Eng-Sub and from the Video contents my thought went down the actual context.

BusyMom

Medalist
As far as fan made videos go, I love LightHair7's videos on YouTube. This one is one of my favorites and I think it greatly expresses Dai's struggles and hard work to become a world champion as he wished.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYjJzIkQYE
I agree with you on this but he/she should change the music though. "Dream On" has a sarcastic meaning not in a good way.
They used Aerosmith's version a lot in the Parody.

Need help here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X79_G5jbOo
What did he say about Sotnikova and Julia?

ioanna

Record Breaker
Need help here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X79_G5jbOo
What did he say about Sotnikova and Julia?

mikaboo translated what he said

Here, Daisuke talks about the 6 minute warm-up. How it is crowded with 6 skaters on the rink, how the ladies tend not to get out of the way for others (while the men usually do) so he's scared to watch the ladies' 6 minute warm-ups. Akiko tends to get out of the way for other skaters so he thinks "don't get out the way!". Asked whether Julia gets out of the way, he answered, "never" :biggrin:

He added that the Russian ladies are especially the toughest ones :laugh:

ioanna

Record Breaker
:laugh: Vice Versa: Kaneshiro might want to do something this cool: http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk236/AngieAngie0724/photo_poster.png
That's very true, it's one thing Kaneshiro can't do :laugh:

Dai will be the guest of "Home, Sweet Home" airing on Sunday at 12 PM on Fuji TV. The main subject will be the Sochi Olympics and Akiko Suzuki and Takahiko Kozuka are going to make appearances as well.

You can even send a message to Dai through this show on this website
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/uchikuru/_basic/resp/index-1.html

On the right side of the page, click on the button that says メッセージを送る. In the first box you can write a title to your message, the second box is for the content of the message, the next is for your name, then the name you want published on the site, and finally an e-mail address. I think he will be very pleased to see messages from people outside of Japan.

cdngirl

On the Ice
That's very true, it's one thing Kaneshiro can't do :laugh:

Dai will be the guest of "Home, Sweet Home" airing on Sunday at 12 PM on Fuji TV. The main subject will be the Sochi Olympics and Akiko Suzuki and Takahiko Kozuka are going to make appearances as well.

You can even send a message to Dai through this show on this website
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/uchikuru/_basic/resp/index-1.html

On the right side of the page, click on the button that says メッセージを送る. In the first box you can write a title to your message, the second box is for the content of the message, the next is for your name, then the name you want published on the site, and finally an e-mail address. I think he will be very pleased to see messages from people outside of Japan.

Thanks for the information and instructions. I sent a message!

ioanna

Record Breaker
Thanks for the information about the program. If you search for "ウチくる" on twitter, you can see some pictures people have posted up. They must have showed the preview of it.
Now I understand what these two were doing when they coincidentally both wore plaid shirts.
https://twitter.com/Mariakko2010/status/474372845674303489
Yes, this is the preview they showed on TV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3G7VbK0UD8

The interviews were shot during the making of Fantasy On Ice.

cdngirl

On the Ice
:clap:
I hope the instructions are correct as I don't speak Japanese fluently. Fluent speakers, if there are any mistakes please correct them.

I think the instructions were correct. I didn't fill in the additional information that Mikaboo kindly provided, as I had already sent my message, but I think it went through because I received a "thank you for sending your message" reply after I submitted my comments.

mikaboo

Medalist
I think the instructions were correct. I didn't fill in the additional information that Mikaboo kindly provided, as I had already sent my message, but I think it went through because I received a "thank you for sending your message" reply after I submitted my comments.

Oh good ;)
I haven't tried it myself but presumed they'd ask for more information from you. I have deleted my translation above to save people extra unnecessary trouble.

cdngirl

On the Ice
Oh good ;)
I haven't tried it myself but presumed they'd ask for more information from you. I have deleted my translation above to save people extra unnecessary trouble.

You didn't have to delete your instructions after you went to all that trouble (again) translating for us so many thanks for that. For all we know my message may have gone into oblivion because I didn't fill in all the blanks. I'm only assuming it went through.

ioanna

Record Breaker
You didn't have to delete your instructions after you went to all that trouble (again) translating for us so many thanks for that. For all we know my message may have gone into oblivion because I didn't fill in all the blanks. I'm only assuming it went through.

It probably didn't though, you filled in the info that was necessary. But thank you mikaboo for always helping with the translation.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Very beautiful pictures from Denis Ten & Friends - the show in Astana.

http://veravalenta.gallery.ru/watch?a=bAzM-l2Ct

And an article kindly provided by Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

Daisuke Takahashi whose quality to power people’s drive has contributed to saving a skating rink on the verge of closure

On May 25, an event was held in the ice skating rink, one of the facilities in the Osaka Prefectural Rinkai Sports Center in Takaishi City, Osaka. “The Special Thank-you Event for the Goal Achievement of Rin-Spo”. It was an opportunity to announce once more that the center had overcome its surviving crisis and it meant a lot to all those who are connected to or concerned with this sports center.

*How did the Rinkai Sports Center overcome its crisis?
Among many of those skating rinks that had to close down how has this one survived? There were many people’s efforts such as petition drive collecting signatures and fund raising, also the struggle of staff of the sports center of course. But on top of them all, if I just have to point out one, I can’t help coming to this quality to be able to power people’s drive.
In the first place the fact that the Rinkai Sports Center had been facing a crisis of closure and how they have come out of it are not well known. Or, I may say not known at all. That’s how I’ve got to feel quite often, so I dare to keep a record of it here.

*The two times of its crises
When we look back, it had two times of crises of its survival. First one was in April 2008. Under the leadership of Toru Hashimoto, the Governor of Osaka Prefecture the closing of the operation was announced. However, the center was granted continuation of its operation because of the strong response such as a signature-collecting campaign.
But things weren’t settled. Another crisis came in 2011. The center facilities that were originally built quite some years ago require major repairs including an earthquake-proof refinement by the end of the fiscal year of 2015. (March 2016) Osaka Prefecture decided not to cover its expenses estimated amount of US$ 3,000,000 for the repairs. The center has no means to generate funds of that much on its own. The end of its operation is about to be a reality.

In this critical situation the one who became the key figure of the movement for its continuation was Daisuke Takahashi who used to have the ice rink of the center as his practice base for about two years from 2004 to 2006. In May 2008 he performed in the ice show held in the center to appeal for its continuation. This undoubtedly contributed to collecting signatures over 130,000.

In this second crisis he acted tirelessly again. He visited the office of the Governor Ichiro Matsui to request the support from Osaka prefecture in May 2012. He obtained the answer from the Governor “if they could manage the half of the cost.” That means, it was their answer that the prefecture will bear the other half if $1,500,000 is raised by the center. $1.5 million is not a small amount. You can simply imagine that this is not the funds you can raise easily by collecting donations from individuals. Takahashi thought so too and said, “Honestly, it’s difficult.” On the other hand, he also said, “If you give it up, there is no next chance”.

True to his word, he continued to advance his efforts. He bowed his head in front of skating fans requesting for the donations for this cause and he took every opportunity to do so. In the result, the donation of full amount of $1,500,000 was handed to Osaka Prefecture in February 2013. The Rinkai Sports Center will continue its operation.
I’ll repeat this: Many people supported this movement and the present result is the fruit of all those efforts. Skaters such as Akiko Suzuki, Kanako Murakami and Tatsuki Machida who performed in the ice shows for the cause, also other skaters such as Keiji Tanaka who stood in front of the station with donation boxes. But at the same time because of Takahashi the current had changed.

*The attitude of Takahashi who didn’t make it just “a link”
With a sense of responsibility of one of the top skaters he had devoted for the center’s continuation and took the front role while it seemed to be a heavy burden as a competitive athlete. And he is the one who got the word from the Governor Matsui though it was a tough condition to meet. Nevertheless, to tackle the gigantic amount of $3 million, it may be the first moment of a small ray of hope.

And what was impressive to reflect Takahashi’s stance was about the ice show he performed in May 2008 during the first crisis. It was soon after his split with the Coach Nikolai Morozov who he had trusted. I imagine his shock was not minor but he participated in this show and exerted himself to appeal for the supports for the rink with a smile throughout.
The period of time he was directly involved with this sports center was two years. Some may think the time of two years as small and it is merely a link with that place and others may take this as a bond that is fateful and lasting. Takahashi is the one who didn’t leave it a mere link.

I remember once Takahashi gave a casual remark; “I want the children to skate with full of energy”, during an interview. I also recall the scenes that he talked genially with children flocking around him during his short break between the practice sessions for the season opening.
I saw the warm look in his eyes toward the skaters who follow the path he had walked. That also must be the great drive for him to work for this sports center. And it sure shows a side of “a figure skater Daisuke Takahashi” very well.

June 2, 2014
By Takaomi Matsubara