Daisuke Takahashi | Page 95 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

ioanna

Record Breaker
News report from FaOI in Niigata + interview with Dai + Beatles Medley sneak peak
http://youtu.be/icJMSZcvCgk

At the end of the video the lady reporter is gushing about Dai saying he's incredibly good looking :laugh:

According to reports he once again landed all his jumps effortlessly.

ioanna

Record Breaker
(5) (Flirty :laugh:) Interview with Kenji Miyamoto + Kissing You
Summary of this interview

- Dai says he's always in a bad mood whenever he fails to do things the way he wants. Kenji says Dai stays angry and takes out his frustrations on whoever is around him at that time (Kenji happens to be there most of the time).

- Kenji says Dai is supposed to blow a kiss to a particular member of the audience during Kissing You. Dai says he once looked into a woman's eyes while blowing the kiss but he felt extremely embarrassed and since then he's focusing on a random dark spot imagining his ideal woman. Which he doesn't have, he insists on adding :laugh: This part is particularly funny because both Kenji and the reporter go "kyaaa" right after Dai talks about his ideal woman, and he's like "kyaaa--she doesn't exist".

Well, that woman in the audience he looked at will surely have interesting stories to tell her grandchildren in the future.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^Aww, poor Kenji... But it looks like things are cool between him and Dai despite it all.

Lol, "ideal woman." I can't help but wonder if they made the choreography solely for the purpose of embarrassing Dai. :laugh:

ioanna

Record Breaker
^ His literal words were actually "the woman I desire / am attracted to", and then he said in reality there's nobody he's attracted to.

I think Kenji is very used to Dai's mood swings and he doesn't mind. They are very close friends. Back when Dai was training with Morozov in the US he said he was feeling lonely and would spend hours texting Kenji. There's a long translated interview with Dai and Kenji somewhere with a lot of insight and interesting facts. I think it was from 2007. I'll post it here if anybody is interested. :)

Speaking of close friends, I found these pics of Dai and Takeshi Honda during their training sessions.
https://31.media.tumblr.com/9c7b8268088ea764229d48e94115991f/tumblr_n8q5bfR2VY1qfbp2ao1_1280.png
https://38.media.tumblr.com/dbab0f53905391a30482913f6eebc97c/tumblr_n8q5bfR2VY1qfbp2ao3_1280.png
https://38.media.tumblr.com/5b16e2dc0ce3dbeb799d1f5a87696633/tumblr_n8q5bfR2VY1qfbp2ao2_1280.png

And these are from the 2010 Worlds and probably speak for themselves. This hug was most likely a thank you to Takeshi for helping him get back on his feet in time to win the most important medals of his career after the accident.
https://36.media.tumblr.com/5f3c6d045ea60dfbfc34c8205809889b/tumblr_n4cp5sQS8n1qfbp2ao1_500.jpg
https://40.media.tumblr.com/09a94bb0d3d9961f9f8f84a03169ca55/tumblr_n4cp5sQS8n1qfbp2ao2_500.jpg

ioanna

Record Breaker
^ That was disclosed in the interview I mentioned. :laugh: To be honest, all of their interviews together are funny, flirty, and/or dorky.

While skating to Kissing You, Dai should have found Kenji in the audience / standing at the side of the rink and blow him the kiss.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Sorry, all I could notice here were his nice arms! I wish he wasn't so modest and would show a little skin more often...:eek::

ioanna

Record Breaker
Sorry, all I could notice here were his nice arms! I wish he wasn't so modest and would show a little skin more often...:eek::
:laugh: He rarely shows any skin so it's normal to notice these things first. The swimsuit pic 2 pages back is a museum piece.

jimeonji

Final Flight
There's a long translated interview with Dai and Kenji somewhere with a lot of insight and interesting facts. I think it was from 2007. I'll post it here if anybody is interested. :)
please post!

an update of the interview aired with the FaOI Toyama broadcast with more stuff, credit to Daisuke Road to Sochi:
(I have no idea why Kenji stuck out his hand to Dai's cheek like that.
What they are saying is: " Hi Kasumal Daisuke" and then Kenji sticks out his hand and Dai says: " It is close, close." TrN)

Anyway, here is the more important conversation between Dai and Kenji.

- Around :00:39:

Kenji put his face very close to Dai's saying:
"This is close, isn't it?! This is close isn' it?! '"
(Sorry, I have no idea what they are doing here...TrN)

Kenji: Dai can create an atmosphere that nobody can create. He also has a charm to draw everybody into him.

Dai: I have never thought of myself to be that way at all. Well, I will be more patient in the future.

Kenji: Yup, that's right.

Dai: Because when we are interacting with each other I am always the one who gets angry.

Female reporter: You get angry?

Dai: Because when I can't do something, I am in a bad mood.

Kenji: He continues to be angry. So I say something like: what you just did was fine. Dai says: no! Akko keeps the frustration to herself, but Dai takes it out on everybody around him.

Dai: I can not keep it to myself.

Kenji: So people around him really want to help him. They develop a great friendship because of it.

Female reporter: Oh, so it is a good thing that you provide good coordination among people.

Dai: (Sorry I could not get what he said here - TrN )

Kenji: So in this program, Dai is supposed to appeal to one particular member of the audience, not everybody, when he blows a kiss.

Dai: Yes, in 'Kissing You' I am supposed to appeal to one particular person.

Female reporter: Do you look in one particular place or something?

Dai: Once I really focused on one person, but it was so embarrassing! So after that, I started to focus on some dark place where I can not see anything... while imagining some woman that I long for.

Kenji: Kya---
Dai: Well, in reality, there is nobody.

ioanna

Record Breaker
^ Thank you for posting the additional info. :) I'll start searching for their old interviews.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Ah, Dai interrupts Kenji before he can make embarrassing comments!

Love those pics with Honda (who, of course, still looks very young and handsome).

jimeonji

Final Flight
So after ionap mentioned old Dai/Kenji interviews I went on a quest to find all of them myself and stumbled upon the precise one from 2007 she mentioned.
Here's the link: http://originallove.livejournal.com/6962.html#cutid1, thanks to the LJ user that translated. The same user has a few other Dai/Kenji interviews translated as well and they're all GOLD.

Alain

Match Penalty
:laugh: He rarely shows any skin so it's normal to notice these things first. The swimsuit pic 2 pages back is a museum piece.
I am absolutely sure there is a video somewhere of a very young teenish Dai training with a chair near the pool. He is topless there. I saw it, just can't find the link now. Anyone? Should go to the museum too.

BusyMom

Medalist
You guys make me the bad case of Dai's Withdrawal Symptoms here. :biggrin: Last night I saw ioanap's post (yes, I hold you responsible as always ;) )and went back to treat myself with Dai's World2012 Blues for Klook. It works every times. :eek::