Dancing with the Stars !!! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Dancing with the Stars !!!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also found myself agreeing with Len about Lance and Lacey's rhumba. Just didn't get it -- the concept didn't work for me.

Far better than Lacey's drama queen stuff.
When I started watching DWTS, it was like 3 weeks into the competition. I saw Lacey and thought that she was one of the contestants. I couldn't believe she was one of the regular dance instructors and I still can't.

What was the whole thing about Lance and her tears....I didn't get it.

So......can we vote her off???

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
Brooke/Derek 29 + 30
Maurice/Cheryl 25 + 30
Warren/Kym 21 + 30
Lancey 25 + 20
Susan/Tony 24 + 20
Cody/Edyta 22 + 20

I didn't understand Susan's scores. I didn't sense power in her paso doble.

Of the remaining dancers, I think Susan should leave this week from an overall perspective.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I don't understand the dislike for Lacey? She's a great addition to the pro cast list. I liked her in SYTYCD and I love her here!!!!!! Go Lacey and Lance!!! 42

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I don't understand the dislike for Lacey? She's a great addition to the pro cast list. I liked her in SYTYCD and I love her here!!!!!! Go Lacey and Lance!!! 42

What I find jarring about Lacey is her lack of leadership and calm teaching skills. The other pros remain the calm "leaders" of their duos. Even the ones who are age contemporaries of Lacey's (Julianne's also 20, Mark's 22, Derek's 23, to name a few) seem to understand their role as not only the choreographers but also the teachers and coaches for the celebrities.

I was astonished when I read Mark's bio and learned he was only 22 -- not that he looks old, but he's very mature and has worked with partners a decade or more older than he, but still maintained calm professionalism AND a great ability to get the job done, teach his partner and have fun, but still be the leader/guide of the partnership. Same with the other pros -- supportive leaders at all times, even when working with partners much older than themselves.

Lacey acts like she needs Lance to give her emotional support and strokes -- and really it should be the other way around. She should be his #1 fan, as it were, rather than needing _him_ to keep _her_ enthusiastic and charged up about the competition.

Simply put, she acts very immature and a bit unprofessional, which is in sharp, sharp contrast to the other pros, even the other young pros.

She does, however, bring a bit of the SYTYCD vibe to DWTS, for better or for worse. Also, it's her first time on the show, so maybe she IS indeed a bit insecure as she is learning the ropes and the "culture" of a show that is very different from SYTYCD.

I don't really have that strong a feeling about her, but she is a bit jarring and the question prompted me to think about why.

Ok, so Susan left tonight. We're starting to reach that point in every season that I hate, where I really like everyone who is left so much that I hate to see anyone go.:cool:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I agree with you show! I think she brings something a little different then the other pros (love all the other pros too).

Glad Susan is gone. For me it was painful to watch her dance:p

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Simply put, she acts very immature and a bit unprofessional, which is in sharp, sharp contrast to the other pros, even the other young pros.
I agree with your assessment about Lacey. Also, I just don't think she dances like a pro....what gives her pro status???

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can we vote off Lacey???

Cry ??? Oh why??? I do not want her to go. I am starting to like her. I DEFIANTLY like them as a pair. Len is COMPLETELY unfair to them IMO. I wish I could see why but he is even inconstant - as I can see - with liking the "non-tradition" aspects. I think He does not like Lacy either. ???

I think I like the group that is left, still waiting to see Warren go because I do not think He should be in the last 3 at this point. Fun *"yippy skippy"* I think he is a little self absorbed as I see him from week to week. AND the Lenny liking / scoring / inflating thing. How in thee h__l is he liking Warren and giving a *rats patooty* about traditional. Oh well...

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
How in thee h__l is he liking Warren and giving a *rats patooty* about traditional. Oh well...

Good question, BUT Warren did get some critical feedback from the judges this week, even from Len.

What does everyone think of Cody's skills? I actually think he's not as bad as the judges often make out. They called him "awkward" this week, or something to that effect, and I just don't find him that awkward. He seems like he does a decent job of staying on the balls of his feet, keeping the steps, and even has a little stretch to his line, to me. And I think he's handling himself pretty well, taking it on the chin pretty much week after week from the judges AND dealing with a change in partner.

At this point Maurice is my man and I'd love to see him take it all, but I don't have much of a sense of how many audience/public votes he may be getting. I doubt he's got the following of a Jason Taylor, e.g.

Do you think Brooke is pulling in a lot of audience votes?

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
Do you think Brooke is pulling in a lot of audience votes?

I don't think she was at first because not many people knew who she was, but I think her consistent excellence and battle with injury have won her fans. She has a rather subdued and motherly personality, so unless people just hate hot beautiful women she's not going to rub potential voters the wrong way. It's not the Sabrina cheerleader thing.

I think Warren will sadly outrun Maurice. Jerry Rice actually beat Stacy Keibler. It was partly because of Stacy's sorry freestyle, but also because NFL players have diehard fan bases. Maurice was a track star and not even from the Olympics in Beijing. Not the same fan base. I like him, but I don't see him in the finals.

I think Cody is a pretty decent dancer. Does anyone remember how Shannon Elizabeth carried on when it looked like she might have to dance with Jonathan Roberts? Okay, she was sleeping with Derek, but still. Cody is doing well and has been quite the trooper. I'd love to see a Brooke/Cody/Lance final, but my prediction is one of them will be ousted in favor of Warren.

Jhar55

Medalist
Yes Cody looked awkard this week but then he's not use to dancing with Eddtya.
Unless Julianna come back soon Cody will be sent packing only due to the fact this late in the game he's had to try and get use to the new partner.
Brooke and Dereke seem to be the ones who will win this season, with Cheryl and Maurice coming in second.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cry ??? Oh why??? I do not want her to go. I am starting to like her.
Sean, it is so funny that who you like I don't and vice versa. How do we stay friends???? :agree: :agree:

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean, it is so funny that who you like I don't and vice versa. How do we stay friends???? :agree: :agree:

Dee

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
We are "complementary" in some ways I guess.;)

Maybe more like we both like "ice cream" but I don't like chocolate flavor and you do. *shrugs*

The thing is we both like dancing.:agree: I think we are much like two of the judges just having disagreement but having full respect for each other - isn't that all that really matters.

BTW - J.W. is back at the top of my list of skaters (top for men), something about him this last showing, just wowed me. Seems like more of a man and still retained the feminine side of his skating.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
When I started watching DWTS, it was like 3 weeks into the competition. I saw Lacey and thought that she was one of the contestants. I couldn't believe she was one of the regular dance instructors and I still can't.

What was the whole thing about Lance and her tears....I didn't get it.

So......can we vote her off???

Dee

??? Vote Lacey off? Are you kidding? She is one of the best dancers on the show and keeps the show from almost becoming the Lawrence Welk Hour. She is young and just came from the So You Think You Can Dance genre - so that may explain her "immaturity". Her approach is fresh and like her brother Benji (who won So You Think you can dance a couple of seasons ago) is very talented. Lacey's problem is that she can outdance her partner Lance and it shows. The judges have commented on this. She has not learned yet to let her partner take the spotlight and just be the teacher. I am sure she will learn as the show progresses. The Dancing with the Stars program is totally different from So You Think You Can Dance. Lacey shone on SYTYCD. I for one enjoy watching Lance and Lacey and hope they make the final cut.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She is one of the best dancers on the show and keeps the show from almost becoming the Lawrence Welk Hour. She is young and just came from the So You Think You Can Dance genre - so that may explain her "immaturity". Her approach is fresh and like her brother Benji (who won So You Think you can dance a couple of seasons ago) is very talented. Lacey's problem is that she can outdance her partner Lance and it shows. The judges have commented on this. She has not learned yet to let her partner take the spotlight and just be the teacher. I am sure she will learn as the show progresses. The Dancing with the Stars program is totally different from So You Think You Can Dance. Lacey shone on SYTYCD. I for one enjoy watching Lance and Lacey and hope they make the final cut.

ITA, and I didn't hear that about Benji - even cooler IMO, I liked Benji a lot:agree:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
??? Vote Lacey off? Are you kidding? She is one of the best dancers on the show and keeps the show from almost becoming the Lawrence Welk Hour.
No she isn't.
Ladskater said:
She has not learned yet to let her partner take the spotlight and just be the teacher. I am sure she will learn as the show progresses.
The show shouldn't or doesn't center around Lacey. She is by far not professional or she would know how to handle her student.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The show shouldn't or doesn't center around Lacey. She is by far not professional or she would know how to handle her student.

I do rather agree with this - although LS was saying "kinda" the same thing. She could improve buy "showcasing" him more than her. HOWEVER it is really just normal. I mean they are not all Cheryls.;)
But Lacey could improve there as most of the pros could. As well she will eventually learn there is no need to wear her emotions on her sleeve.

I Do so much agree with the Lawrence Whelk comment though. But I do not think it should steer so far from traditional either. Hard to ride the fence America builds isn't it?

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I have been watching DWTS since the first season and all the pros have at times acted a bit like the "Diva" (and the male counterpart, what maybe a "Divo"). The pros have all had their share of melt downs, tears, and disgusted "walk offs". Most of the pros have had one time or the other show-cased their own skills and styles, sometimes to hide skills lacking in their celeb. partners. Mark does it quite a lot and has been called on it before by the judges. So to me, Lacey's behavior at times has been done previously by other professionals, (Cheryl, Max, etc.). It makes the show interesting and new faces bring new fans.........it's all good to me, plus, Lacey can dance and she must be doing something right because she and Lance are still in the mix........................42