Daniel Samohin | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Daniel Samohin

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
:scowl: Poor Danny! Let's just pretend like this season never happened, and start fresh. I hope he doesn't have a serious injury.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
The news really surprised me. He looked upbeat in Innsbruck, and despite the subpar outing he didn't seem to suffer any physical problems. I would have thought he aimed for WJC as a confidence builder to help him finish the difficult season on a high note. I can only guess that he needs some more time to break in his new skates.. :(

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
šŸ™ I can't find any information why it happened... so strange.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Unfortunately he is 16th after SP so he won't defend his title :sad21:
He really needs to work on his landings. They cost him a lot of points not to mention fall on 3Lz made him miss the combination.
On the other hand Daniel received the highest score in step sequence among all competitors and all his spins were lvl 4. :luv17:
If only those jumps worked for him...

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Posting here hoping that he recovers well and soon. I saw it happen in person. So painful to see and I feel so bad for him.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Poor Daniel. :sad21: It was really hard to watch and I'm not surprised that some people who saw it live had tears in their eyes. Also if it was dislocated it really, REALLY hurt. More than broken arm for sure. I saw people with dislocated shoulders many times and very often all they can do is lay down and scream in pain.

I hope he will recover soon and we will see him at Europeans

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
He posted an Instastory with his arm in a sling...he was smiling. Thank goodness he's such a positive guy - he has some of the most rotten luck ever!

Before the competition, he posted his first vlog. He is so funny and charming. I guess he has plenty of material for the next vlog now. :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXbguAK7Z1Q

Oh yeah, Europeans. That was another disaster last year thanks to his missing skates. :drama:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I so, so felt for Daniel and was also in tears, like the girl in the stand they zoomed in on. I have had similar problems on my shoulder, and it DOES hurt like *fill in with the most extreme expletive you can imagine* Dislocation of the shoulder can so easily become recurrent, and I could see he knew how to react when it happened, he immediately tried to put it back in place but he couldn't, so he quickly forgot about trying further (either on fixing the shoulder or continue to skate) and ran to get the assistance needed. So I assume he is no stranger to this type of injury. All I can hope is there will be no severe consequences and he will be back 100% for the Europeans!