Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars! | Page 155 | Golden Skate

Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

Coltrocks12

On the Ice
So is there any photo at all of Meryl with someone like Fedor or any guy over the years? I likely missed that.

There are photos of Meryl and Fedor available on a google or bing search. The latest released photo is over two years old. That is one of the reasons why most of us believe there was a break up at some point.

We have pictures of them as recent as 2012 and interviews where she admits to a boyfriend and describes him as a "coach" up until March of 2014. We are assuming that Meryl kept the same "coach" boyfriend that she had in 2012 which would be Fedor. Fedor did not go to any tapings of DWTS and was not seen in Sochi. Meryl cut social media ties with him in March right about the time DWTS started taping. This also coincided with Fedor having "activity" on his facebook with other girls during DWTS and Meryl's vacay to Hawaii. I think that sums up what we know about the Davis/Andreev romance to this point. :)

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Maks was making a mess in the media again today. He did an interview, and when asked about JLo, he changed the subject to Meryl and how close they are and how they talked every day when she was "away from me" on vacation. And I suspect they are no longer even on speaking terms, so the whole thing was extra phony.

And then outside, a TMZ reporter asked him about JLo. "How is it going? Is she the one?" And he responded, "It's going great." He is such bad news and I really, really hope Meryl has removed herself completely from his life.

I wouldn't put too much faith in that TMZ thing: I just viewed it. They never mention that he left the night club and JLo stayed. There is nothing there. He is just trying to brush off the TMZ fly. He has this code which works against him. He thinks this is how a gentleman acts. He came to this country at the age of 14, having had time to absorb the Ukrainian culture. His use of the word "showmance" was a huge mistake. It makes things that were real look fake, and he clearly did not mean it that way. He was trying to go along with the whole privacy thing which Meryl had requested, and he messed up. That's all. If he has lost Meryl's respect, I pity him. She is one in ten million. The biggest break of his life was getting to work with her. He got scared back then, for fear he could not do her talent justice. She relieved his fears, because she said all the right things. Val's statement about them indicated that they both, Val and Maks, might feel Maks is not "good enough" for her. King Kong, and all that. If Maks gets some good advice from the right people, such as Jenna, he might still be able to salvage the situation. He just has to find the guts to do and say what's needed. At the very least, he does have a friend in Meryl, I think. She is not a fickle person.

gabriele

On the Ice
Put my ESPYs vote in too. Scratching my head a little though that Maks with his large fanbase does not tweet it, while Meryl does so for his upcoming SWAY. :confused:

TMC

Record Breaker
Put my ESPYs vote in too. Scratching my head a little though that Maks with his large fanbase does not tweet it, while Meryl does so for his upcoming SWAY. :confused:

I'm confused too: I was sure I'd seen him retweet that for both Meryl and Charlie. But can't find it now. :scratch:

Meryl and Sharna both tweeted out an announcement about them (along with Charlie and Maks) doing a Disson Show. Maks and Charlie have not tweeted it out yet. Maks has been immersed in World Cup (only really tweeting about that topic) recently and generally avoiding any personal tweets for a bit.

https://twitter.com/DissonSkating/status/484378362949808128

https://twitter.com/SharnaBurgess/status/484397068094423040

Exciting to hear about the Disson show! This collaboration between ballroom and skating could be very fruitful for both disciplines.

Here's more on the Dission show.

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2014/07/02/meryl-davis-maksim-chmerkovskiy-to-reunite-on-the-ice/

Nice picture of Alex S., Maia S. , Charlie, and Meryl.

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2014/07/...fellow-ice-dancers-meryl-davis-charlie-white/

In local (Detroit) news, Meryl and Charlie will be grand marshals for the annual Thanksgiving day parade in November. One sportswriter quipped that if the weather is like it was last year, they can skate the parade route. :)

http://www.freep.com/article/20140616/ENT07/306160160/meryl-davis-charlie-white-harrison-ford

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Edward Villella, the choreographer for Ice Theater of NY, and a renowned ballet dancer, is doing the choreo for the show.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/23/arts/dance/edward-villella-choreographs-ice-theater-show.html?_r=0

Here's an NYT article about his work with Ice Theater. He has been involved with ice choreo before and did an ice ballet for a Dorothy Hamill TV show.

Sometimes choreographers from the dance world use only a portion of the rink to mirror the dimensions of a theater, but “Reveries” uses the entire ice like a canvas, revealing the frictionless flow of skating. The music, which ballet fans will recognize from George Balanchine’s “Tchaikovsky Suite No. 3,” requires such a lush response. During an Ice Theater residency in Sun Valley, Idaho, Mr. Villella worked with the skaters on details: the upper body, port de bras and how to use eyes to dramatic effect. He said that he explained how, in ballet, the idea is to move through a position rather than stiffening into one

I love that he is likely to use the whole rink, unlike a lot of these Disson type shows. It would be a shame not to properly feature Meryl and Charlie's speed and glide.

My one worry is that the show will end up more ballet than ballroom.

Dance choreographers have a mixed record with skating. Twila Tharp did some choreography with John Curry years ago, and I found it boring in the extreme. I don't think she made the effort to learn the vocabulary of skating, so her programs were rather empty. On the other hand, Lar Lubovitch did some wonderful programs for people including Paul Wylie. I hope Villella will rise to the occasion. He was one of my favorite dancers.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Exciting to hear about the Disson show! This collaboration between ballroom and skating could be very fruitful for both disciplines.

Ditto!

I am thrilled about Villella running the dance part of the show. I feel that this programme may be the beginning of a long series of future programmes that combine dance and ice dance. There has been an increasingly significant degree of choreographic crossover between these two athletic art forms. I couldn't be more tickled. I've read the roster of ice dancers to be included in the Dec. 16 show, and oh boy, what a treat!

In past Disson tribute shows, the camera has at times ignored the skater for the guest singer, which troubled me greatly. I sincerely hope that this Disson show will be on a higher level, with more respect for the basic nature of dance, which is continuous, not meant to be constantly interrupted by extraneous details.

“I want Meryl to be the last person I dance with, the last person I got to be passionate with and care so much for.”
Maksim Chmerkovskiy

As quoted in his Social Life magazine feature.

http://christinemontanti.com/skys-the-limit-page-1.html

I heard him say something to this effect some weeks ago, as the show ended. It seemed at the time that he was referring to his tenure on DWTS, not to real life--the last celebrity he trained and danced with on the show. But who knows? Maybe he was implying something else as well.

jcoates

Medalist
Saw this at lunch. :) Probably gave each other space given their schedules and all the crazy going on entertainment sites and shows. Could have wanted to let the silliness die down.

Like I said, busy people...adults...can handle their own business. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link!

I'm glad Maks is enjoying himself. That guy is certainly self-motivated! He'll never be bored or out of work. That's one thing I admire about him: he clearly has a very strong work ethic.