Discussion: Trusova Musical Career [and other skaters] | Golden Skate

Discussion: Trusova Musical Career [and other skaters]

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
It seems Trusova has started a new trend in Russia

She just dropped a new track with Samodelkina and some other girl I honestly dont know, but apparently shes also a skater.

Her first song from a while ago:

What do you guys think?

A good step in their careers, or maybe overambitious?

I reckon they should've just stuck with coaching or something, but... :scratch2:

I think I prefer Zagitova's chosen career development

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It seems Trusova has started a new trend in Russia

Not that new. How about this song from 2016 by the 2013 Cypriot Senior Ladies Champion:

Kristina Dubrovskaya - "Полет не будет тихим"

And the video was directed by another skater from Moscow, the 2014 Swiss Senior Ladies Champion Anna Ovcharova. (Apologies that it is a Facebook video. It had been on YouTube, but was taken down a few years ago when Kristina turned her channel into a blog).

I should add, Kristina had already retired from skating by this stage.

She just dropped a new track with Samodelkina and some other girl I honestly dont know, but apparently shes also a skater.

Yeah, if it's the same girl, she's the 2018 and 2019 Bulgarian Junior Champion. Last seen in Juniors at the 2022 Sofia Trophy.

Here's the videos from her highest scoring performances outside of Bulgaria:

Maria Levushkina - 2019 Junior GP Riga Cup SP

Maria Levushkina - 2021 Junior GP Riga Cup FS

What do you guys think?

A good step in their careers, or maybe overambitious?

I reckon they should've just stuck with coaching or something, but... :scratch2:

I think I prefer Zagitova's chosen career development

I have said this before, but I am not a fan of sportspeople doing "extra-curricular" activities while they are still competing.

I don't like it when sportspeople try to be celebrities, or models, or musicians, or politicians, or campaigners, or entrepreneurs, or anything like that. I prefer it when they concentrate on their actual career - their sport.

There is plenty of time for them to pursue other things when they have retired.

CaroLiza_fan

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Not that new. How about this song from 2016 by the 2013 Cypriot Senior Ladies Champion:

Kristina Dubrovskaya - "Полет не будет тихим"

And the video was directed by another skater from Moscow, the 2014 Swiss Senior Ladies Champion Anna Ovcharova. (Apologies that it is a Facebook video. It had been on YouTube, but was taken down a few years ago when Kristina turned her channel into a blog).

I should add, Kristina had already retired from skating by this stage.

Yeah, if it's the same girl, she's the 2018 and 2019 Bulgarian Junior Champion. Last seen in Juniors at the 2022 Sofia Trophy.

Here's the videos from her highest scoring performances outside of Bulgaria:

Maria Levushkina - 2019 Junior GP Riga Cup SP

Maria Levushkina - 2021 Junior GP Riga Cup FS

I have said this before, but I am not a fan of sportspeople doing "extra-curricular" activities while they are still competing.

I don't like it when sportspeople try to be celebrities, or models, or musicians, or politicians, or campaigners, or entrepreneurs, or anything like that. I prefer it when they concentrate on their actual career - their sport.

There is plenty of time for them to pursue other things when they have retired.

CaroLiza_fan
Honestly, I stopped watching about 1 second into Kristina's music video. Did not capture my attention.

And Trusova is effectively retired now. Samodelkina's career is on hold given the fed change. Not sure about the other girl.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Honestly, I stopped watching about 1 second into Kristina's music video. Did not capture my attention.

To be honest, I agree. But, it is the only song of Kristina's that had an actual video recorded for it. And I wanted to highlight Anna's directing.

Most of Kristina's other songs that she recorded in her bedroom are far better.

And Trusova is effectively retired now. Samodelkina's career is on hold given the fed change. Not sure about the other girl.

Ah, I didn't know that. But, I haven't really been following Russian skaters that carefully since we stopped seeing them regularly on the international circuit. Just my favourites, who have pretty much all retired now. That's why I am not looking forward to doing my predictions for Nationals, because there are so many names I don't know.

CaroLiza_fan

I thunk Alexandra has great potential. Personality-wise she's hot as fire, cool as ice. Or do I mean cold as steel, bold as brass. :rock:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I thunk Alexandra has great potential. Personality-wise she's hot as fire, cool as ice. Or do I mean cold as steel, bold as brass. :rock:

You just put this song into my head:

Foreigner - "Cold As Ice"

And I'm not complaining one bit! :biggrin: :rock:

Don't worry, I'm not going to de-rail the thread. I've just remembered another couple of skaters (Ice Dancers, as it happens) that have released songs, so give me a moment to find videos.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Italian Ice Dancer Sofia Sforza (who partnered her younger brother Leo-Luca, and Francesco Fioretti)

This is probably the song we are most familiar with, as it was played over-and-over-and-over again during the resurfacings at an event a few years ago:

Sofia Sforza - "Break My Heart Again"

Here is a duet in Italian that she did with some guy calling himself "Diverso":

Sofia Sforza featuring Diverso - "Love Story"

And here's one in Italian on her own:

Sofia Sforza - "Touché"

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
German Ice Dancer Michal Savitskiy (who partners Darya Grimm)

This is actually the only song of his that is clean enough to post here!

Pacis - "Holidays"

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
How could I forget my own kid that even went to Eurovision?!

Danish Ladies skater Leonora Colmor Jepsen (who briefly partnered her younger brother Linus in Ice Dance, and currently choreographs for her younger sister Anna-Flora)

Here is one of her songs, accompanied by photos of her and Anna-Flora:

Leonora Colmor Jepsen - "In A Relative Way"

OK, here is her performance from the Eurovision Grand Final:

Leonora Colmor Jepsen - "Love Is Forever"

CaroLiza_fan

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Every person may try to sing, if he or she wants to. Anyway it is better to make a mistake than to feel sorry that you didn’t even try to do something.

Stéphane Lambiel sings (or tried to sing), Denis Ten sang (may his soul be blessed).

Last edited:

icewhite

Record Breaker
I'm not a fan of people trying to sell trashy songs (or anything the world doesn't need, really) with the name they made elsewhere - but if it's a good song I'll take it!
The first one by Sasha alone is actually not bad. Sure, she's not a great singer, but it's a nice relaxed pop song and her voice isn't unpleasant to listen to. The new one sounds terrible.

(I don't know if they really try to sell it though or if it's just for fun - then everyone should feel free to do what they like!)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Philadelphia Eagles have their second Christmas album out. (They call themselves the Philly Specials after a famous Super Bowl play). They have professional musicians play and guest star but the album itself is pretty darn good, and Eagles offensive tackle Jordan Mailata, an Aussie native, in particular can really really sing.

The album is for charity and has raised 2.5 million dollars. Yes million. ;) It has made several Billboard charts and a duet Eagle Jason Kelce did with his lesser known brother :laugh: hit number one. Also a Peanuts style stop animation short:

So the football players I know have made halfway decent records. No soccer players I know of, but they would probably not sell in the US anyway.

Figure skaters are not popular enough in the US to raise that kind of money for charity, I fear. Would it happen in other countries?

I always thought that a Philly Special was a Philadelphia Cheesesteak.

Shows what I know.

By the way, if you let El Henry's video play to the end, next up is "the making of ..." for all you Kelce boys fans out there.

Last edited: