Disneyland | Golden Skate

Disneyland

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
The"happiest place on earth" is anything but! I decided to spend a day with my family (husband, and two sons) at Disneyland since my youngest has never been. After forking over $200 to get in I figured it would be worth it. However the lines were long (hour+ waits), the rides were short and lunch cost another $50, not to mention the wall to wall people. After the last ride we were waiting for broke down before we got on we decided to get the hell out of there and vow never to return!

Oh what I could of done with that $250:sheesh:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
You went during a school vacation week?! Oy! No wonder you had such a difficult time! Some schools were on vacation last week, while others are out this week. As a long-time resident of So. CA, I've learned some Disneyland tricks. Best time to go is in the middle of the week of a non-school-vacation week. Don't give up forever! Just find a better time to go!:eek: :mad:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
That's a shame you had such a horrible day at Disneyland! I went about ten years ago and it was in the "off " season (best time to go) and had a marvelous time. I am not a "rides" person, so only went on some of the "kiddy" rides! I did enjoy everything else though. Great food!!!! Would love to return, but only on an "off season" time. I could not imagine having such a splendid time with "wall-to-wall" people!!!!

As RealtorGal, stated, "don't give up forever!" Try visiting in the low tourist season.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
You went during a school vacation week?! Oy! No wonder you had such a difficult time! Some schools were on vacation last week, while others are out this week. As a long-time resident of So. CA, I've learned some Disneyland tricks. Best time to go is in the middle of the week of a non-school-vacation week. Don't give up forever! Just find a better time to go!:eek: :mad:

ITA! I'm going to Disney WORLD in November and I can't wait... I've been to both parks and I loved it both times... however! Pirates of the Caribean is so much better when you're 5 and not 16/17... because the magic is so much less of an effect! :laugh: but then again I was really grumpy... our stupid school trip(our band was invited to play at Epcot) made us spend 12 hours in Epcot--you play at one park and you can't leave for the day but *gasp* it's all free... save for your meals! ugh!--and then we only got to be at Magic Kingdom for like 3 hours plus the light show at the end...

The only thing I'm bummed about is dad wont be on this trip... I'm going with my aunt... but yeah this daddy girl is going to feel weird without him (he's such a kid himself... he really wants to go, but the family can't afford it! :()

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I went to Disneyland last year and I was alil disappointed, but had a GREAT time. Disneyland is NOTHING like World in FL. Much smaller and not as enjoyable. You can do all of Disneyland in CA in one day, but it takes a whole week to do Disneyworld in FL. So if you are going to fork out BIG bucks take your family to Disneyworld! I'm going back next yr! ..............Peace

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
When I went to Disneyworld in FL, I was a bit disappointed that it was an EXACT REPLICA of Disneyland. I had heard it was so much bigger. I realized that what everyone meant was the entire Disney scene in Florida including Epcot, etc.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
When I went to Disneyworld in FL, I was a bit disappointed that it was an EXACT REPLICA of Disneyland. I had heard it was so much bigger. I realized that what everyone meant was the entire Disney scene in Florida including Epcot, etc.

It's not totally a replica as they have new attractions at Magic Kingodom now that Disney Land doesn't

I never want to go to Epcot again... our band spent 12 stinkin hours there... no more of Epcot LOL

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
'm going to Disney WORLD in November and I can't wait
When we were at Disneyland my husband said, "thank goodness we didn't fly all the way to Disney World and have to pay hotel and airfare to have a rotten time!":laugh: :laugh: Anyway Toni I'm sure you will have a good time:)

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
EPCOT SUCKS!

Okay, not really, I do like going around the countries, but the rides are seriously lame and 12 hours is too damn long to spend there.

I like MGM and the Magic Kingdom.

Laura :)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I absolutely LOVED Epcot! That was one of the coolest places I've ever visited!

I especially love the World Showcase part....just to eat and shop. Back in the 80's the Guy Laroche Boutique at the French pavillion was the only place I could reliably find Jai Ose perfume.

2loop2002

Rinkside
A couple of years ago I ended up at Disney Land on Christmas Day due to being in college marching band when our football team went to a California bowl game.

It was wall to wall strollers when we first arrived at about 1:00. I couldn't believe how many people were there on Christmas; I never expected an amusement park to be so full on a religious holiday (even if it has become very secularized). The park was pretty crowded throughout the afternoon, but after dinner time in thinned out considerably. All those stroller riding little kids were probably tired out.

The show just before the park closed made it worth the crowded afternoon though. It was hard not being with my family for Christmas; plus, it had been snowing when we got on the plane at 7 am at home. I love having snow for Christmas. :love: So, I was a little bummed at missing the snow. Well, after the light show and fireworks, Disney made it snow! They had machines blowing little tiny clumps of bubbles off the tops of the buildings on Main Street. It looked like a gentle snow storm and complemented the Christmas decorations really well. It was beautiful and made me feel less homesick.

I love the Magic of Disney!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Epcot was great for the first few hours... NOT ALL DAY! LOL

How could you possibly visit everyting in Epcot in just a few hours?:confused:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It'd be better than walking around all day....

we visted every attraction twice and still had time... however, the Norway area was my favorite... we ate there -- ok so I'm picky and the food was like icky IMO... but their chocolate looked cool... but 10 bucks for a chocolate mini picture was way too much so I didn't get one :( -- but our waiter "Thom" was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot! I was talking about him for the rest of the day... not only was HE hot... his ACCENT was hot.... so yeah... my friend's still say "Thom" in this really weird accent when I walk in the room :laugh:

I was disappointed in the Canada one... no mention of Kurt? or Jamie and David? tsk tsk LOL

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Toni the first time I went there we had a horrible experience at Canada. My mother and I took my niece Dani who was five at the time. Florida had been having all kinds of forest fires and was in a serious state of drought. Just as we were gonig into the Oh Canada! theatre it started to rain. So the people leaving gathered out on the patio area where you exit to stay out of the rain. When our group exited those folks were still there. And when the group that had been waiting to get in while we were watching the movie came out all three groups were crammed in there. The rain was pouring, lightening hit one of the little metal umbrella tables. Kids were crying because of the storm We were packed into this little area like sardines. All of a sudden water came pouring down the rock wall flooding the entire patio. It was a mess! We decided to try to go somewjhere else to wait out the storm. Mother and I each had one of Dani's hands as she "walked" between us with her legs pulled up so she wouldn't get her feet wet, LOL. We were soaked, you could see straight through our clothes. The park looked like a giant wet t-shirt contest! Then when we would get inside of a building we were freezing from the air conditioning. The whole time Dani was crying "I hate this, I hate this!" Her Micky ears blew off and were gone before we could catch them. It was hysterical even though we were miserable. When we finally left the park and got back to the car where we had left the windows slightly opened, there was several inches of water standing in the floor to greet us. A horrible ending to what had been (up until Canada;) ) a great day.

Johar

Medalist
I went to Disney World when our band was down there to play in 1987. While I enjoyed the sea kingdom--live dolphins, fish, etc, I ended up getting separated from the other kids and spent 2/3 of the rest of the time walking around in circles trying to find somebody familiar to tag along with.

Disney is not a fun place to be alone in. :(

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I dunno I'd love to have gone to the places I wanted to go to and not what my group wanted...

I'll have more of a chance to do that in November though! :)