Dmitry Soloviev Attacked | Golden Skate

Dmitry Soloviev Attacked

Amei

Record Breaker
Saw this, how horrible
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...lom-sostoyanii-u-nego-sotryasenie-mozga-.html

Tatiana Navka, Olympic champion of Turin-2006 in ice dancing, spoke about the state of the figure skater Dmitry Solovyov , who was beaten by unknown persons in the center of Moscow.

“Dima is in serious condition, at the hospital. He has a concussion, severe internal injuries. Thank God he's alive, but these scum must be punished in full. He defended his wife, a real man.

I'm just shaking with rage. How is this possible? As Dmitry's wife says, one of these villains is engaged in a combat sport. He must be deprived of everything, ”Navka said

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Horrifying, just horrifying. I hope he's able to make a good recovery and my heart goes out to him and his family (especially his wife, sounds like she was there when it happened though I'm not clear on whether she was attacked too).

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
https://lenta.ru/news/2021/12/21/soloviyev/

Olympic champion in figure skating Dmitry Solovyov was beaten by a company of three men. The details of the attack on the athlete were revealed by the two-time European curling champion Anna Sidorova in an interview with Match TV.

According to Sidorova, initially, the conflict arose between the girls - the curling player herself and her friends - and a group of men leaving karaoke. One of the girls asked a group of young people for a lighter, after which a verbal skirmish ensued between them. Solovyov was still in the room at that time.

When the skater went out into the street, he stood up for the girls, asking men not to talk to them in a similar tone. In response, one of the young men pushed the athlete.

“Dima fell backwards, hit the door of the establishment, this company ran into him. The girls and I began to separate them. It turned out that I and two other girls were separating the guys. More precisely, Dima was on ground when they kicked him, ”Sidorova said.

She explained that the attackers did not touch the girls, and Soloviev "got under the arm."

The beating of the skater became known earlier, on December 21. It was reported that after the attack, he was hospitalized in the neurosurgical department of the Botkin hospital. The men who attacked the athlete were detained.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
A traumatic brain injury - I am scared. Why? Why? Why? This is such foolishness. Dima does not deserve this (Sorry if I sound like Nancy Kerrigan) Why can't we all get along? I fear the worse when I hear brain injury. The translation of course can make things hard to understand. This is so sad and horrible and yes I do think of Denis Ten.

Scott512

Record Breaker
flashbacks of Denis Ten. how horrible, wishing him a speedy recovery.
We are on the same wavelength again because that was the first thing I thought of when I saw this headline. Hoping this will not have a tragic ending and that Dmitry makes a full recovery and that the scumbags will be caught and punished. But if he has a traumatic brain injury as reported it will be a long road back for this man. Sometimes life is so freaking unfair it's hard to explain.

Was a really attacked by like a professional fighter?

Amei

Record Breaker
We are on the same wavelength again because that was the first thing I thought of when I saw this headline. Hoping this will not have a tragic ending and that Dmitry makes a full recovery and that the scumbags will be caught and punished. But if he has a traumatic brain injury as reported it will be a long road back for this man. Sometimes life is so freaking unfair it's hard to explain.

Was a really attacked by like a professional fighter?

Sports.ru has many articles about the situation. Based on what i have read *through Google translate* the police have those responsible in custody, the gist i get is that it happened outside a bar so likely this is an unfortunate mix of alcohol and jerks. Soloviev's wife/gf ( some articles say she's his girlfriend and others say wife im not sure which is accurate im using Google translate for everything as im not a native speaker) has said doctors are concerned about the next 4 days being critical due to the blood in his brain. There was an article that quoted Soloviev talking about the attack so it sounds like he's conscious which is probably a really good sign.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Sports.ru has many articles about the situation. Based on what i have read *through Google translate* the police have those responsible in custody, the gist i get is that it happened outside a bar so likely this is an unfortunate mix of alcohol and jerks. Soloviev's wife/gf ( some articles say she's his girlfriend and others say wife im not sure which is accurate im using Google translate for everything as im not a native speaker) has said doctors are concerned about the next 4 days being critical due to the blood in his brain. There was an article that quoted Soloviev talking about the attack so it sounds like he's conscious which is probably a really good sign.
Thank you.

I don't know how they stop the bleeding in the brain without surgery. Let's hope it stops on his own and that he really is conscious and talking to the police.

I had a high school friend that was killed outside of a bar. One sucker punch he got knocked him to the cement pavement and never woke up. alcohol is a danger especially when you have too much. I imagine the goons that did this were making comments about Dimitriys wife. Sad.

Last edited: