Does stretching a synthetic boot really work? | Golden Skate

Does stretching a synthetic boot really work?

christy

On the Ice
I visited a well respected fitter last week. They measured my feet and got me to try a few different boots, but none of the boots they had in stock worked. They said that Jackson would work best for me, and I had Elites that I loved in the past.
I tried the Debut in my size and hated them - my heel wasn't locked in at all, my foot was on top of the insole, and the tongue was digging into my toes. So they say I should try the Jackson Synergy and they can stretch it. It has to be ordered in, but I'm worried. I did try a Synergy in a larger size and found it extremely stiff, and those I know who've got the Synergy have got lots of blisters. They would need to stretch one boot by at least 1 full size (so around 1cm) and I'm worried that the stretching will be temporary because the boots are so stiff and made of a synthetic material. Anyone got experience of the Synergy, especially stretching them. Thanks

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I visited a well respected fitter last week. They measured my feet and got me to try a few different boots, but none of the boots they had in stock worked. They said that Jackson would work best for me, and I had Elites that I loved in the past.
I tried the Debut in my size and hated them - my heel wasn't locked in at all, my foot was on top of the insole, and the tongue was digging into my toes. So they say I should try the Jackson Synergy and they can stretch it. It has to be ordered in, but I'm worried. I did try a Synergy in a larger size and found it extremely stiff, and those I know who've got the Synergy have got lots of blisters. They would need to stretch one boot by at least 1 full size (so around 1cm) and I'm worried that the stretching will be temporary because the boots are so stiff and made of a synthetic material. Anyone got experience of the Synergy, especially stretching them. Thanks
Theres two different synergy boots and you can adjust the stiffness level.
Synergy Elite comes standard 60 stiffness, but can be changed to 75 or 85.
Synergy Pro (W), comes 75 standard but can be changed to 60 or 85.

Which one did they have you try on?!

You can change the tongues and the insoles and even the soles.

christy

On the Ice
They said it was the 60 so the standard Elite, and no offer to change soles, tongue, etc.

christy

On the Ice
That's interesting to know. It was literally a case of "we recommend this boot and will let you know when we have it". No discussion about any possible cusomization or options.