Drats - Scott Still "Safe" on AI - Why???? | Golden Skate

Drats - Scott Still "Safe" on AI - Why????

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I don't get it. Every week Scott makes it to the bottom two or three and then somehow makes it back to the "safe couch" area for another dreadful round the following week. He must have a lot of family and friends out there voting for him. When is his luck going to run out? Soon I hope. He bugs the heck out of me.

:eek:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
One reason he is still there is because Simon told Nadia this Tuesday that she was out of the competition. All the believers in "Simon Says" who would have voted for her switched their votes to someone else or just didn't bother to vote. I do believe, tho, that Scott will be voted out within the next 2 weeks.

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Scott's continued success

Ladskater - I know people have very strong opinions about Scott. I can totally see why many find him off-putting: he's rather gruff, cocky, has some vocal issues, has limited stage presence, plus we know now he has a rap sheet....

He's got issues - BUT - he also shows true soul and real emotion in his singing. Cocky yes, but Tuesday night's performance of She's Gone moved me somehow (even with the shaky low notes) and moved that studio audience. If you noticed on Tuesday, when Scott got to the line, "now I can see, love's gotten a hold of me" it was a moment so true that I and I think many others got carried away in the feeling. Now about Paula jumping up and pumping the air with her fist, I'd have to say that might have been the Bacardi rum talking!

Anyways - I know Scott is irritating, but I think he's genuine. I don't know about how honest Constantine is - he's got the moves and the looks, but Cons feels insincere. Gosh - its all just personal opinion, isn't it?!

Tenorguy

Altho I rarely call to vote, there is something in me that feels like "Scott is the underdog and I hope he goes far".

I thought his rendition of "Against All Odds" on the results night was VERY heartfelt.

I agree with Tenorguy, he's genuine....like him or not, what you see is what you get.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
He's got issues - BUT - he also shows true soul and real emotion in his singing. Cocky yes, but Tuesday night's performance of She's Gone moved me somehow (even with the shaky low notes) and moved that studio audience. If you noticed on Tuesday, when Scott got to the line, "now I can see, love's gotten a hold of me" it was a moment so true that I and I think many others got carried away in the feeling. Now about Paula jumping up and pumping the air with her fist, I'd have to say that might have been the Bacardi rum talking!

I'm sorry, the only time I have ever seen Scott show any type of emotion was during the song "Against all odds" the first time he sang it. That is the only time he came alive and moved away from his wannabe gangsta soul dude. I realize that others don't see him that way, but next time look into his little eyes. The "true soul" comes from the eyes and I see nothing there. He sings more off key than he does on key. I haven't been less moved by anyone since Jennifer Hudson who only had one way to sing her songs.

As for Constantine, even in the group song he was putting that "look at me, I'm so sensual and cool" look into the camera. I really want to poke him in his chin and tell him to quit slobbering on my television. And sorry, didn't like the Bohemian Rhapsody he did. Yuck.

I can't disagree with Nadia being gone, but Scott isn't MY American Idol. With that said, he'll probably win :rofl:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
you're not the only one realistic51 who did not like Constantine's song choice this week!

I am just thankful BO was not the one going home. And I honestly WAS NOT surprised, I was more surprised that Carrie wasn't the one in the bottom 3, Ryan said the results would shock, and then when he went into his lecture about you have to vote to keep them in I knew Scott was safe.

*sigh*

I haven't voted at all this season :(

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Tenorguy said:
Ladskater - I know people have very strong opinions about Scott. I can totally see why many find him off-putting: he's rather gruff, cocky, has some vocal issues, has limited stage presence, plus we know now he has a rap sheet....

Anyways - I know Scott is irritating, but I think he's genuine. I don't know about how honest Constantine is - he's got the moves and the looks, but Cons feels insincere. Gosh - its all just personal opinion, isn't it?!

Tenorguy

Sorry, but I don't agree. Scott may be able to carry a tune, but he is no singer. I would not be buying his CDs. There just isn't any strength or lilt to his voice and he looks wooden when he sings. I would even listen to a Michael Bolton rendition over Scott and that is saying something. Normally, I can't stand Michael Bolton - unless he sings Opera for some strange reason.

I am digressing here. No, seriously Scott just has to go. He is just weird.

Last edited:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I have to say that I'd buy a recording of "Against All Odds" by Scott but that is the only song that he has sung that I've been moved by. I do think he has a raw talent but he needs some help vocally. (Hey! Maybe Anwar can help him!)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I read on the AI site that they had a contest among the contestants and Scott won immunity for next week............................... :biggrin: (just kidding) 42

Ladskater

Record Breaker
show 42 said:
I read on the AI site that they had a contest among the contestants and Scott won immunity for next week............................... :biggrin: (just kidding) 42

For thirty seconds there, I almost believed you!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Good one!

Not to be annoying, but Tenorguy, I know what you mean. Scott doesn't always pass my "eyes closed" test, but he passes it a lot more than certain other "sure thing" contestants.

Of course you're right that it's all so subjective, but I can't help thinking that if Scott looked like Constantine and his demeanor was more positive, he'd be racking up the votes every week. At least he's being himself, which usually doesn't get you far in the entertainment business--unless you're Ashton Kutcher, lol.

Don't worry, Lad. Scott won't win. A surprise top 5 maybe, but no showdown between Con and Scott--although wouldn't THAT be interesting, lol!

Rgirl