Yukari Nakano
Fumie Suguri
Akiko Suzuki
Savchenko & Szolkowy
Tomas Verner
Reed & Reed
Yukiko Fujisawa
Thanks to the uploader!

Not amazed by the new short program from Savchenko & Szolkowy. They will get reasonable scores with it, and it won't be a hinderance in their quest for Olympic Gold - but I was expecting something creative and different, not tingly piano music with the most predictable order of elements there is (throw jump - solo jump - twist -- followed by the rest).

I love the lack of ballads in this show, most girls chose sassy songs, different styles - love it!

Fujisawa's jumps look very non-juniorish. Nice strength to them.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Miki Ando
Nobunari Oda
Yukina Ota
Yukari Nakano
Fumie Suguri
Akiko Suzuki
Savchenko & Szolkowy
Tomas Verner
Reed & Reed
Yukiko Fujisawa
Thanks to the uploader!

Not amazed by the new short program from Savchenko & Szolkowy. They will get reasonable scores with it, and it won't be a hinderance in their quest for Olympic Gold - but I was expecting something creative and different, not tingly piano music with the most predictable order of elements there is (throw jump - solo jump - twist -- followed by the rest).

I love the lack of ballads in this show, most girls chose sassy songs, different styles - love it!

HaveSavchenko & Szolkowy confirmed this is their new SP? Could it not just be an exhibition program? the costumes are a little much for competition, especially the olympics...but then again so were the Lost in Space metallic things. If this is the new SP, I am very surprised they chose something so ...boring....for lack of a better word. But their skating stands on its own to feet. I am sure they will bring a great sensitivity and emotion to it.

liketotally

On the Ice
Miki Ando
Nobunari Oda
Yukina Ota
Yukari Nakano
Fumie Suguri
Akiko Suzuki
Savchenko & Szolkowy
Tomas Verner
Reed & Reed
Yukiko Fujisawa
Thanks to the uploader!

Yukiko Fujisawa is soooo cute!

Miki Ando
Nobunari Oda
Yukina Ota
Yukari Nakano
Fumie Suguri
Akiko Suzuki
Savchenko & Szolkowy
Tomas Verner
Reed & Reed
Yukiko Fujisawa
Thanks to the uploader!

Akiko is the one I was most interested. I found a lot of potential last season.

She has the rhythm of that mambo but not the style. Of all the Carribbean music, the mambo is the most difficult to adapt to skating, imo. She will get it eventually. I presume this is just a show piece, and await for an easier number for her to do. If there is a SPOILER in the Ladies competitions this season, Akiko will be the one!

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I've watched only Miki, S&S and Nobunari's numbers so far.

Loved Aliona and Robin (did they get their inspiration from Pechalat & Bourzat's last season FD?). Hard to say if the program will look as magical without show lights and excessive makeup.

Nobunari is beyond funny hilarious! This guy can act.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hope that the competition version of S&S's program does not have the minstrel show-ish costumes. And I can't say that I'm crazy about Send In the Clowns for their SP. While they may win with this program, I can't see them creating a magical performance like Lady Caliph (B&S) in the 2002 Olympics with it. Plus the fact that the DS for this season is the back outside DS appears to do them no favors--that was a not so hot one in this program.

If some other team really nails it (and S&S have flaws), IMO this program as beatable.

Edited to add:

Just watched Stephane's program. Wonderful!!!

Last edited: