Edea ice fly boot size and fitting | Golden Skate

Edea ice fly boot size and fitting

Martinamat.96

Spectator
Hello everyone, I'm planning to buy Edea ice fly boots, but I have a few questions concerning the sizing. I am a 28 skater, doing inline figure skating. Quite heavy and muscular since I did weightlifting and powerlifting for years :rolleyes:. I landed all my singles jumps, axel and I'm working on my doubles. I was an ice figure skater when I was a teen and I've already landed my doubles on ice, now I'm re-learning them with inline. My question is this: I've always had Edea (Chorus, Overture), size 250 (fitted by professionals) and I'm still using an Edea Overture 250 for ice (just for fun every 2-3 times a year). However, last year I bought Edea Overture with Snow White for inline of the wrong size (255) online, because I convinced myself that I had 255 size skates with blades :cry:. I used them for a whole season and I felt they were a bit loose. Now I completely broke them and they offer no support and I need new skates. I found an amazing offer of Edea Ice fly with Snow White online of size 250 (which in theory is correct for me). But now I'm scared that they will fit differently with respect to Edea Overture and Edea Chorus. Has anyone had experience with that? If my size is 250 with Overture and Chorus, I should keep the same with Edea Ice Fly?

Thank you a lot to everyone!!

IceM

Spectator
Based on anecdotal evidence, you should be the same size in the Ice Fly.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Different models within the same brand may fit differently. I wear Ice Flys. Before wearing Ice Flys I wore Concerto (also an Edea model) and has SO many issues with these skates, never had them fit perfectly as the Ice Flys fit me, no matter how many modifications were made to them by my fitter. I changed models, went to Ice Flys, also professionally fitted, the first day in new skates is always hard, but the Ice Flys were already completely comfortable and awesome from day 2.

I'd strongly advise the standard advise so many members of this forum, me included, advice when someone ask such questions. The best you can do is once again pay a visit to a professional fitter and get fitted exactly for this particular model.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Are the skates with the "amazing offer" new or used? If used, condition?

If you buy them and they aren't right for you, could you resell them? Could you afford to take the loss from reselling them?

Martinamat.96

Spectator
Thank you all for the answers. The boots are used only 2/3 times and they are in perfect conditions, sold for 1/3 of the price. Unfortunately I'm not able to go to a professional fitter because where I live (Italy) there is not any place closer than 300 kilometres. Consider also that the association where I skate has a partnership with an online furnisher. Moreover inline still a newborn sport, so I could buy the skates in a physical shop, but then I should buy the Snow White in a online shop ans find a professional that can put it on the skates. Hopefully, I could go to the shop where I bought the Ice skates, but is 300 kilometres away and does not sell snow white. In the case the boots won't fit well I could sell them, consider I sold my overture skates in one day on Vinted, maybe for less than what i paid them, but at least is not zero. I was just hoping that there was some with skating experience in both Overture (or chorus) and ice fly!

Mimi2789

Rinkside
I personally find that Overture/Chous/Concerto style Edeas boots fit more narrow on my feet than the Ice Fly. A 260C fits me perfectly in Ice Fly, but I couldn't even get a 260C Concerto onto my foot. The have very different linings and upper materials which causes the fit to be somewhat different.

silverlily1

On the Ice
Thank you all for the answers. The boots are used only 2/3 times and they are in perfect conditions, sold for 1/3 of the price. Unfortunately I'm not able to go to a professional fitter because where I live (Italy) there is not any place closer than 300 kilometres. Consider also that the association where I skate has a partnership with an online furnisher. Moreover inline still a newborn sport, so I could buy the skates in a physical shop, but then I should buy the Snow White in a online shop ans find a professional that can put it on the skates. Hopefully, I could go to the shop where I bought the Ice skates, but is 300 kilometres away and does not sell snow white. In the case the boots won't fit well I could sell them, consider I sold my overture skates in one day on Vinted, maybe for less than what i paid them, but at least is not zero. I was just hoping that there was some with skating experience in both Overture (or chorus) and ice fly!
It's worth travelling 300 km to a fitter. You could do the entire thing in a day trip with that distance. Many people in North America travel that far or farther for fittings. It's not a prohibitive distance, especially in Europe, with better transportation options.

hope_skate

Rinkside
Country
Russia
Different models within the same brand may fit differently. I wear Ice Flys. Before wearing Ice Flys I wore Concerto (also an Edea model) and has SO many issues with these skates, never had them fit perfectly as the Ice Flys fit me, no matter how many modifications were made to them by my fitter. I changed models, went to Ice Flys, also professionally fitted, the first day in new skates is always hard, but the Ice Flys were already completely comfortable and awesome from day 2.

I'd strongly advise the standard advise so many members of this forum, me included, advice when someone ask such questions. The best you can do is once again pay a visit to a professional fitter and get fitted exactly for this particular model.
Agree with this. Despite being in the same size (255C) on my Edea Wave and Chorus, the Chorus seems to have better fit and heel lock for me. I suspect it's the padding material (mesh vs. sponge), as mentioned by @Mimi2789. Also, considering that an Ice Fly is quite hefty in price, it is worth making the trip to a fitter.