Edea skates + mk professional blades | Golden Skate

Edea skates + mk professional blades

I apologize if this is in the wrong place but idk any better.
I am an intermediate skater with only singles and a few spins, and recently, i've been feeling how my blades (and boots) are stopping me from progressing, specially with spins. I currently use jackson mystiques and they are my first and only pair of skates. My coach told me to change my blade since it was too basic for I was doing, but I feel like it's a waste to put advanced blades in basic boots, + they are not supporting me properly anymore. So I was thinking about getting edea overtures but idk if its too basic? or maybe chorus would be better. I'm still not sure. I will get a proper fitting but I want a third opinion cause they might be trying to just sell me skates ykyk. Also, the reason I want edeas is bc I feel like they will last me longer, and my parents are not willing to pay so much money for skates, which is why I might be getting only the blades with my current boots, but I need to convince them somehow, so please, tell me what you think, and what you recommend. I'm all ears :)

if it helps, I have all singles except axel, combinations jumps, camel spins, obviously scratch, some footwork, and a very ugly sit spin lol (i have knee problems and no ankle mobility 💀) and I've been skating for over a year now.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
I am an intermediate skater with only singles and a few spins, and recently, i've been feeling how my blades (and boots) are stopping me from progressing, specially with spins. I currently use jackson mystiques and they are my first and only pair of skates. My coach told me to change my blade since it was too basic for I was doing, but I feel like it's a waste to put advanced blades in basic boots, + they are not supporting me properly anymore. So I was thinking about getting edea overtures but idk if its too basic? or maybe chorus would be better. I'm still not sure. I will get a proper fitting but I want a third opinion cause they might be trying to just sell me skates ykyk. Also, the reason I want edeas is bc I feel like they will last me longer, and my parents are not willing to pay so much money for skates, which is why I might be getting only the blades with my current boots, but I need to convince them somehow, so please, tell me what you think, and what you recommend. I'm all ears :)

if it helps, I have all singles except axel, combinations jumps, camel spins, obviously scratch, some footwork, and a very ugly sit spin lol (i have knee problems and no ankle mobility 💀) and I've been skating for over a year now.
Obviously see a professional fitter who specializes in figure skates--not a hockey pro shop. I myself fit Edea well and love them. I went into Edea Chorus with the MK professional blade and have not regretted it. My boots lasted a few years and the blades a bit longer. If Edeas fit you, they are worth it, but let a fitter tell you that based on the shape of your foot.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

You definitely need to see a pro figure skating fitter. They will measure and trace your foot properly and then tell you what brand(s) of boots work with your foot. That is how you will know what boot is right for you right now. If you give us an idea of the general area you're in, we can suggest proper fitters.

You definitely need to see a pro figure skating fitter. They will measure and trace your foot properly and then tell you what brand(s) of boots work with your foot. That is how you will know what boot is right for you right now. If you give us an idea of the general area you're in, we can suggest proper fitters.
thanks for responding! as I mentioned before, I am getting a proper fitting and I already know the person. I've been there a couple of times. I was just wondering
Obviously see a professional fitter who specializes in figure skates--not a hockey pro shop. I myself fit Edea well and love them. I went into Edea Chorus with the MK professional blade and have not regretted it. My boots lasted a few years and the blades a bit longer. If Edeas fit you, they are worth it, but let a fitter tell you that based on the shape of your foot.
yeah i know, I have my local pro shop and I've been there multiple times before. But I am still wondering what type of skates could be a good option, just as a thought, not a decision. But thanks for your recommendation!

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
thanks for responding! as I mentioned before, I am getting a proper fitting and I already know the person. I've been there a couple of times. I was just wondering

yeah i know, I have my local pro shop and I've been there multiple times before. But I am still wondering what type of skates could be a good option, just as a thought, not a decision. But thanks for your recommendation!
So, I'm a little confused here. You asked our opinions b/c in initial post said you are just going to be getting a proper fitting (which we don't know b/c if they're the same person that put you in the crap skates you're in now, then they aren't a proper fitter). And then you proceed to ask us what boots would be best for you so the so-called fitter doesn't just sell you anything. And then you're asking about a few different brands, which proves you don't know what boot brand(s) is best based on your foot shape, etc. We (esp. I with my experience) can properly help you but you have to give us the info we need. LOL Just saying.

Last edited:
So, I'm a little confused here. You asked our opinions b/c in initial post said you are just going to be getting a proper fitting (which we don't know b/c if they're the same person that put you in the crap skates you're in now, then they aren't a proper fitter). And then you proceed to ask us what boots would be best for you so the so-called fitter doesn't just sell you anything. And then you're asking about a few different brands, which proves you don't know what boot brand(s) is best based on your foot shape, etc. We (esp. I with my experience) can properly help you but you have to give us the info we need. LOL Just saying.
they're not crap skates? like, im literally just asking for opinions bc I would like to be informed before I go there, just bc that will help me be able to pick skates that can benefit me, but the ones I have rn are too basic bc I advanced too fast, not bc they dont fit me. The pro shop I'm going to is used by people all over the U.S bc of how good it is, so I have no doubt in them. They legit have 5 stars and they're service is insanely good. And yes, you are right, I have no clue abt skates which is why im asking people who actually know about skates 💀 I only want recommendations of boots that go well with mk professional blades. Not a pro shop, thank you.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
The boot that fits you best will go perfectly well with the right size of MK Professional blades. What I think you're asking is the boots that are recommended for your level of skating? In which case, I'd say Edea Chorus, Risport RF3 Pro, Jackson Debut, possibly Graf Richmond Specials. I can't recommend anything from Riedell as I have no experience of them whatsoever. But we know nothing about your feet, height, build, style of skating, etc, so can't really be much help. I hope you have a good fitting experience.

The boot that fits you best will go perfectly well with the right size of MK Professional blades. What I think you're asking is the boots that are recommended for your level of skating? In which case, I'd say Edea Chorus, Risport RF3 Pro, Jackson Debut, possibly Graf Richmond Specials. I can't recommend anything from Riedell as I have no experience of them whatsoever. But we know nothing about your feet, height, build, style of skating, etc, so can't really be much help. I hope you have a good fitting experience.
Thank you so much for answering! this is exactly what I wanted to know and I'll keep it in mind, tyy!

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
they're not crap skates? like, im literally just asking for opinions bc I would like to be informed before I go there, just bc that will help me be able to pick skates that can benefit me, but the ones I have rn are too basic bc I advanced too fast, not bc they dont fit me. The pro shop I'm going to is used by people all over the U.S bc of how good it is, so I have no doubt in them. They legit have 5 stars and they're service is insanely good. And yes, you are right, I have no clue abt skates which is why im asking people who actually know about skates 💀 I only want recommendations of boots that go well with mk professional blades. Not a pro shop, thank you.
You should have never been in mystiques in the first place, that's why I said they put you initially in "crap skates" (aka from my extensive experience I wouldn't trust the fitter), but we'll just let that go now. Best of luck to you.