Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackPack

Medalist
I wonder how Morozov convinced Sinitsina...:slink:

I forget where I read it, but when asked about her new partnership, Sinitsina said she didn't know anything about it:scratch:

The Russian skating world is so full of drama, very, very camp.

BlackPack

Medalist
Yeah at this point I will not be believing anything unless it comes direct from Nika, Elena, or Mozo.

Unless they're the ones lying or at least obfuscating the truth... but does anyone know the truth? Huge confusion going on.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I forget where I read it, but when asked about her new partnership, Sinitsina said she didn't know anything about it:scratch:

The Russian skating world is so full of drama, very, very camp.

At this point, I'm surprised there's no Russian soap about the figure skating world. Unless there is. If there's English subtitles, I'd watch the heck out of it.

BlackPack

Medalist
considering igor and mr unibrow are like a half hour drive away in detroit, if they wanted to leave but still stay umich students, they could

what is wrong with marina lol, the shibs need to get the hell out of dodge if this is the kind of thing their coach is saying

We need new nicknames for the skating giants:

Camerlengo: Uni
Igor Shpilband: Iggy
Zoueva: Zou
Krylova: ???
Linichuk: Lini
Hanyu: Yuz
Denis Ten: D10

BlackPack

Medalist
At this point, I'm surprised there's no Russian soap about the figure skating world. Unless there is. If there's English subtitles, I'd watch the heck out of it.

It's called My Hot Ice. Abt and Yagudin starred in it. On Youtube. But let's face it, that soap is probably only a 1/100th as interesting as real life Russian skating drama.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh new drama, sophisticated one, too. And here I thought there would be not much drama after could be equal to the rival between Tarasova and Mishin. How wrong I was.

bramweld

Record Breaker
The last thing said by Morozov is that the guys are going on two weeks vacation then they will restart training. So as I see it only time will tell. But hats off to the Russian Fed for seemingly having no dibs on propriety. Why do these people like to air each other's dirty linen in public? Is their no room for class and discretion? EV with all due respect doesn't strike me as a credible, objective reporter. She has had it in for them for years, just do the research if you dare.

However I digress, the russian fed looks to be run by a set of imbeciles :no:

Alba

Record Breaker
EV with all due respect doesn't strike me as a credible, objective reporter. She has had it in for them for years, just do the research if you dare.

I think the article was an opinion not a report though.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well I hadn't gone there but eww!! Why did YOU put that thought in MY head:slink:[:bang:

I follow Elena and Yulia on Instagram and saw a bunch of good photos from the Gala banquet. I think they hung out most all night and I saw some photos from other days where they were chumming it up!

There is a super cute one of Yulia wearing Caro's hat and making a pouty face with Caro smiling. I can't lift it from Yulia's page.

Ah, I thought that was what you were getting at when you asked me to "keep Julia out of this"

I'm not on Instagram, and Elena has her page set to private, and I can't find Lipnitskaia's. So thanks for telling me about the pics, as I can't see them! ;)

By the way, in case you're wondering why I am not calling young Lipnitskaia "Yulia", it's because the ISU are still spelling it "Julia" on their documentation. I suspect they're waiting for the end of the season to change the transliteration, so that all the results for this season are spelt the same way. So, when they change, I'll change too. That's the way I did it when the spelling of Liza's surname was transliterated differently.

But, getting back on topic, can I just throw my tuppenny's-worth in on the whole episode.

Here is my take on what has happened. And, probably because I'm a guy, it's the guys that I feel sorry for the most.

To be honest, I am surprised Elena and Nikita stayed together until now.

Can you imagine what the past few years must have been like for Nikita? His long-term girlfriend and skating partner dumps him, and then shacks up with their coach, who is 18 years her senior. But, despite this, the three of them continue to work together.

It must have been killing him inside to see Elena and Nikolai being all luvvy-duvvy with each other. But he hid his feelings and put up with them, because he realised how successful the partnership could be.

You would have thought that Elena would have seen the pain that poor Nikita was going through, as she had been so close to him for so long. But she was so loved-up with Morozov, that she didn't notice. Everybody else on the Dance circuit could see it, but the person that mattered couldn't.

So, when it all got too much for Nikita, he started looking for a new partner. But, Elena was so absorbed in her love-life that she hadn't a clue. So, when Nikita announced it to her at Worlds, she was devastated.

Some people have asked whether Elena found out before the SP. Well, to me, it was obvious that she had. Going onto the ice, she looked very upset. She was not the confident Elena Ilinykh we are used to seeing come onto the ice - she was just on auto-pilot.

And, as for Nikita's fall on the twizzles, I get the impression that Elena orchestrated that deliberately as revenge. She made sure he did not have enough room, and that he would hit her and fall. Why do I say that? Because, when she was coming off the ice, she was looking very pleased with herself, with a massive smirk on her face.

I have liked Elena for a long time. And I have supported her for a long time. But, much to my surprise, I don't feel much sympathy for her. My sympathies lie with Nikita.

Yes, it does seem ruthless the way Nikita told her. But, if she had been a true friend, she would have known he wasn't happy. Instead, she was so immersed in her relationship with Morozov that she hadn't a clue what was going on around her.

Plus, getting involved with somebody like Morozov is enough to put you off anybody!

As for the other two people involved, I can understand Viktoria's decision to ditch Ruslan in favour of Nikita.

Nikita is a very good dancer, who has had a very successful career up to now. He is a lot more used to being at the front end of a Senior competition than Ruslan, and knows what it takes to win at Senior level.

Working with Nikita will help take Viktoria to the next level. It may sound cruel to dump somebody you have been skating with for so long. But if you want to get to the top, you sometimes have to make these hard decisions.

While I can understand her decision, I don't think I could it to somebody who I had been so close to for so long, and so successful with.

But the person I feel really sorry for is Ruslan. He has been left high and dry in this whole affair. He has invested so much time and effort into his partnership with Viktoria, but she has just ditched him in a heartbeat.

Of all the people involved, Ruslan is the one I feel the most sympathy for.

Of course, there is probably a lot more to this story than we have heard so far. For example, Elena's mind may have been elsewhere because she was having relationship problems or (pray it isn't true!) because she is pregnant.

And we may never find out the full story. But, to me, the scenario I have described seems to be the most plausible version of events, based on what we have heard up to now.

CaroLiza_fan

anyanka

Record Breaker
Tessa went to, and may still be attending, University of Windsor in Ontario.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessa_Virtue

On their show she said she wants to go to law school. Methinks next year she'll finish up her degree and write the LSAT in the fall? If her GPA and LSAT score are competitive, methinks she'll have her pick of schools as well. I imagine every law school would want to boast that they count an Olympic champion among their student body.

anyanka

Record Breaker
We need new nicknames for the skating giants:

Camerlengo: Uni
Igor Shpilband: Iggy
Zoueva: Zou
Krylova: ???
Linichuk: Lini
Hanyu: Yuz
Denis Ten: D10

Zoueva: I prefer Zuzu
Krylova: "Angie" - slight passing resemblance to Jolie in terms of complexion and overall look ?

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Everything with the theory above makes sense - except for the kicker that Victoria didn't know about it. Or claims not to, anyways.

bramweld

Record Breaker
With all due respect Caroliza_fan, Lena is the last person on earth who would want to sabotage maybe her very last shot at a world championship. She wants the medal! They lost EC 2014 gold because she fell on the twizzles why would she want to lose a world medal regardless of the situation. It is her career as well, right? Look at her face when all is done in the SD. Immediately after they finished her expression reads "What did you just do Nikita?" Go look back, it is clearly evident that he went for too much when they entered the twizzles, he was too close. Look at how he does it in the FD, he achieved much better spacing and control. Then also compare and see that Lena does them essentially the same way for both SD and FD.

Now if Lena was smirking would you blame her? Your partner is scheming to get rid of you for Victoria, a two year senior while Nikita a 4th year senior can't get his twizzles together? And this robbed them both of the WC? Short-sighted and extremely stupid if you ask me on Elena's part according to your theories. It somehow doesn't fit her, IMHO.

Oh snap, were you just writing a soap opera and I fell for it?

anyanka

Record Breaker

On my viewing list, such a thing would replace "Scandal" for the intrigue, "Mad Men" for the costuming, and "Game of Thrones" for the violent content, all at once.
Why isn't this a thing yet?!?

cebi26

On the Ice
Perhaps this was all Morozov fault, he is tired of Elena and plans to jumps to his next victim, dragging Nikita with him :slink:

hanca

Record Breaker
And, as for Nikita's fall on the twizzles, I get the impression that Elena orchestrated that deliberately as revenge. She made sure he did not have enough room, and that he would hit her and fall. Why do I say that? Because, when she was coming off the ice, she was looking very pleased with herself, with a massive smirk on her face.

How can you orchestrate that someone else doesn't do their job on twizzles? She made sure he didn't have enough room? What a rubbish! Do you skate? Can you do twizzles? Because if you could, you would never write something so silly. Nikita was not supposed to stand there. He was supposed to finish the rotation and do sharp curve on the outside edge sideways, so that he can change the edge to inside edge and start rotating the second part of the twizzles. He either hit something on the ice, or lost his balance by getting too far back on the blade. In any case, the mistake on twizzles was only his. There was no way Elena could have orchestrated that, the same way you can't orchestrate whether tomorrow I will have a toothache.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Maybe it is all PLOT on the part of Elena and Nika to get away from Mozo and bring him DOWN in the process! No crazier than any other theory.

Elena dumps Mozo! Or maybe he even has the nerve to dump her!
She can't stand seeing him anymore! She goes to Nika! 'We have to get rid of this guy!'
Nika is all over this plan! 'I've always hated this guy! Plus did you see the free dance he gave us last year? Embarrassing, right?'
They come up with the plan! Nika will tell Mozo that he hates Lena and wants to get away from her FOREVER!
Mozo falls for it hook line and sinker! Now that he's dumped/been dumped by Lena, he hates her and her diva ways too!
Moso arranges the audition between Nika and Victoria!
The Russian fed flips out and gets them away from Mozo! And Mozo comes across looking like a psycho who wanted to maliciously break up Nika and Elena too!
All is well until the next moment of UBERDRAMA between Lena and Nika in two weeks from now!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I still say, the easiest way to put this to rest was to say "No, that's not true. We just won Olympic bronze and are at the top of our game!"

Why they hadn't outright denied it is why this is so :confused: to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.