Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split | Page 46 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Nikita Katsalapov Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluestar

Spectator
I don't think that Nikita will explain his reasons in the near future. Someone who had always communication problems with his partner?! Probably won't tell anything in public. If I understand it right on fyeahilinykhkatsalapov.tumblr.com/ he's waiting for the decision of the federation and that's it. I'm sorry for Lena during this waiting period, really. I had a different impression of Nikita, positive. This blur is really strange.

OrdinaryDreamer

Rinkside
I don't think that Nikita will explain his reasons in the near future. Someone who had always communication problems with his partner?! Probably won't tell anything in public. If I understand it right on fyeahilinykhkatsalapov.tumblr.com/ he's waiting for the decision of the federation and that's it. I'm sorry for Lena during this waiting period, really. I had a different impression of Nikita, positive. This blur is really strange.

I know, that's exactly what I've been thinking!!! He seemed so nice, so I'm super disappointed 'cause what he's done lately has been not just what most would consider rude but also unsportmanlike. :cry:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I don't think that Nikita will explain his reasons in the near future. Someone who had always communication problems with his partner?! Probably won't tell anything in public.

But that's not necessarily unusual. Many dance & pairs teams split up every season and we don't usually hear a full explanation of the reasons. I can't remember seeing a team sit down after a breakup and do an 'Oprah' style confessional where they pour their hearts out about what happened.

I realize that we as members of the skating public would sometimes like to know more, but the full explanations usually remain private between the skaters and their closest associates. It's a normal emotional reaction from fans to want to know more, and I guess that's why there are threads here still wanting to know why Crone & Poirier split, or why Samuelson & Bates split, etc. but it's not really something that can be explained in public when the people involved want to keep some of the reasons private.

anyanka

Record Breaker

wow that's a real site?! awesome!!!

anyanka

Record Breaker
I believe this is why her career is basically over.

*sigh*
yeah, she used to be a champion maker herself until that mess
otherwise she had D/S, B/A and F/S ranked 3-4-5 in Vancouver, F/S got a world bronze after and then ... nothing
i'm still surprised D/S danced away with a medal in 2010, B/A were faster, cleaner and had more tasteful programs overall IMO

Alba

Record Breaker
To be fair, I agree with sky_fly.

You agree with her that blondes are more beautiful and better? Because that's what she's repeating.
It seems an obsession for her. :sarcasm:

Speaking of Elena, I no longer find her as attractive as I used to. And I blame that squarely on Morozov. Like, how can you fancy somebody who finds Morozov attractive?!

IMO you don't have to fancy somebody to recognise their beauty, or other good qualities they might have.
For example, to me Victoria is not attractive at all but I can't deny that she is a beautiful woman.
Besides, Elena and Victoria are completely different beauties, and I really don't understand the need to compare them at all, like sky_fly is doing constantly. I find that very silly.

pamela

Rinkside
Both are beautiful young women, I dont know were is this discussion going?
I hope this problem gets solved quickly, maybe if they stay together Zueva is going to kidnap them hahaha

Alba

Record Breaker
But that's not necessarily unusual. Many dance & pairs teams split up every season and we don't usually hear a full explanation of the reasons. I can't remember seeing a team sit down after a breakup and do an 'Oprah' style confessional where they pour their hearts out about what happened.

The problem I have with that comment, the one I read on that blog, is not that they should tell us the story.
I'm not expecting a full explanation of the reasons. They are the only people who knows what's wrong and most probably we will always hear different versions of the half true story.
What I'm expecting is a clear info., are they going to remain a couple or not? Because until now, Nikita has not even sent an official request to their Fed, according to them.

p.s. Is that his blog by the way?

OrdinaryDreamer

Rinkside
The problem I have with that comment, the one I read on that blog, is not that they should tell us the story.
I'm not expecting a full explanation of the reasons. They are the only people who knows what's wrong and most probably we will always hear different versions of the half true story.
What I'm expecting is a clear info., are they going to remain a couple or not? Because until now, Nikita has not even sent an official request to their Fed, according to them.

p.s. Is that his blog by the way?
No, the tumblr is run by a girl named Rachel.

And I think you summed it up, we all want to know if it's over or if we can still hope for the best.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You agree with her that blondes are more beautiful and better? Because that's what she's repeating.
It seems an obsession for her. :sarcasm:

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. (Although, I have to admit I am a blonde myself!) I just meant that I find Viktoria more beautiful than Elena.

IMO you don't have to fancy somebody to recognise their beauty, or other good qualities they might have.
For example, to me Victoria is not attractive at all but I can't deny that she is a beautiful woman.
Besides, Elena and Victoria are completely different beauties, and I really don't understand the need to compare them at all, like sky_fly is doing constantly. I find that very silly.

Totally agree on that final comment. If we are comparing them, it should be in terms of their skating.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and not all people see beauty in the same way. I just wanted to reply to express my personal preference, and then leave it at that. Unlike some people, I am not the sort of person to go on and on about it! ;)

Just so you know, Skyfly is a man :)

Sky_fly is a guy?! :eek: So much for my "girl of similar age who is jealous" theory! :laugh:

Incidentally, just in case anybody doesn't know, I am also a guy!

CaroLiza_fan

kittyvondutch

Rinkside
Maybe he was 'influenced' by Morozov somehow and now Morozov is backing out of this situation leaving Nikita alone to deal with it. I don't think Nikita in his right mind would decide something like this on his own no matter how many conflicts or misunderstandings he had with Elena. They split very early in their careers too only to get back together. I hope he talks to Elena leaving Morozov out of it and decide something. The more days are pass the more mess this situation is becoming!

uhh

Medalist
Has there been any new info in the last couple of days, or is it still Elena saying Nikita said he didn't want to skate with her any more, the Federation insisting nothing is official yet and silence from Nikita?

Alba

Record Breaker
Has there been any new info in the last couple of days, or is it still Elena saying Nikita said he didn't want to skate with her any more, the Federation insisting nothing is official yet and silence from Nikita?

No news yet. The situation is the same. :confused:

:

Last edited by a moderator:

bsfan

On the Ice
At this point, I don't think S/K pairing is that bad. All my wish is Elena skates with Bukin. And both teams not coached by Morozov. Please!

OrdinaryDreamer

Rinkside
No kidding! I'd like to see both Elena and Nikita coached by people other than Morosov, no matter how things play out with this fiasco. (I think we have good reason to call it that, by now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.