Elizabet Tursynbaeva | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Elizabet Tursynbaeva

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Guys I've been randomly scrolling down skatingscores and saw Elizabet's page: https://skatingscores.com/rus/women/elizabet_tursynbaeva/
Is it just me or is this completely messed up :unsure:
This is when Elizabet was still competing in Russian competitions (which she did right up to and including the 2012-13 season). As skatingscores.com doesn't consider people with the same names but different nationalities as the same person, they are listed on two different pages.

Same thing for skaters like Katya Kurakova or Nastya Gubanova, or for skaters like Zhenya Tarasova who switched disciplines.

In fact, as I'm just noticing, Elizabet's name while competing for Kazakhstan was written as TursynbaYevea, not -baeva. Different spellings are listed under the same page only if caught manually (so if you notice mistakes where the same skater representing the same country in the same discipline (and with the same partner in Ice Dance/Pairs) has multiple pages, you should probably reach out to the admin of skatingscores.com), but otherwise will also automatically be separated onto different pages.

So, she has two separate pages for two reasons - Different countries and different English spellings of her name.

noeleyle

On the Ice
This is when Elizabet was still competing in Russian competitions (which she did right up to and including the 2012-13 season). As skatingscores.com doesn't consider people with the same names but different nationalities as the same person, they are listed on two different pages.

Same thing for skaters like Katya Kurakova or Nastya Gubanova, or for skaters like Zhenya Tarasova who switched disciplines.

In fact, as I'm just noticing, Elizabet's name while competing for Kazakhstan was written as TursynbaYevea, not -baeva. Different spellings are listed under the same page only if caught manually (so if you notice mistakes where the same skater representing the same country in the same discipline (and with the same partner in Ice Dance/Pairs) has multiple pages, you should probably reach out to the admin of skatingscores.com), but otherwise will also automatically be separated onto different pages.

So, she has two separate pages for two reasons - Different countries and different English spellings of her name.
Thanks so much!!! Now it makes much more sense))) I didn't notice the spelling differences and thought only Tursynbaeva was the official spelling.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Thanks so much!!! Now it makes much more sense))) I didn't notice the spelling differences and thought only Tursynbaeva was the official spelling.
Elizabet uses Tursynbaeva on her social media and in her newest ISU profile, but Tursynbayeva is somewhat commonly used in news articles and on skatingscores.com.

I'm wondering if she had Tursynbayeva at the beginning of her career and later changed the spelling to Tursynbaeva, reminiscent of how other skaters change their names post-marriage or after changing countries (like Nastya Gubanova's change from Anastasia to Anastasiia). I know that she used Turzynbaeva in 2014, which was later changed to Tursynbaeva, but I don't know about the Y.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
QuJJNAR.jpg
xAXCdRx.jpg

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Announcement:

From 14 years of age, the more expensive sports and entertainment teams will be accompanied by training courses in Almaty. More detailed information is available.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
From 14 years of age, the more expensive sports and entertainment teams will be accompanied by training courses in Almaty.
uhm, it's not "more expensive sports and entertainment teams", it's more like "Dear athletes and parents, from July 14, during the summer, I will be holding training camps in Almaty. More information will be provided a little bit later.😊"

:biggrin:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
uhm, it's not "more expensive sports and entertainment teams", it's more like "Dear athletes and parents, from July 14, during the summer, I will be holding training camps in Almaty. More information will be provided a little bit later.😊"

:biggrin:
This is how google autotranslate works :biggrin: