Emanuel Sandhu's dancing skills? Aye or Nay? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Emanuel Sandhu's dancing skills? Aye or Nay?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I always said Emanuel should have competed as an ice dancer. His body is made for dance. I have been following him on So You Can Think You Can Dance Canada and he has been amazing - wowing the judges every week. One can see of all the dancers on the show Emanuel has the best posture (of course from figure skating!). So far his prima donna attitude has not done him in like it did last season. Let's hope he stays for the rest of the show.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
The hip hop number was not bad. They were not in sync, but i don't know whose fault that really was. Better than I could do!

heyang

Record Breaker
Hard to 'judge' without being able to compare to the other contestants.

I thought the hip hop was fine for a 1st week performance. It was somewhat old-school hip hop, but that was dictated by the song IMO.

Couldn't watch the 2nd theater routine since it's been taken off You Tube.

I think the young white male judge was on season 1 of SYTYCD in the US - Jaryd? He turned people off with his arrogance and was not in the top 4.

I prefer Cat Deeley's energy as hostess.

i love to skate

Medalist
I think the young white male judge was on season 1 of SYTYCD in the US - Jaryd? He turned people off with his arrogance and was not in the top 4.

That is Blake - he is Canadian but yes he was on the US version. IMO he was hands down the best dancer on Season 1 but he did turn people off with his attitude. Best solo in history of that show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igpdEK_zn34

He has now growing into an amazing choreographer for the Canadian version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei2sDIwYorI - This was from last week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxiWbKDDtY8 - This is from last year - most definitely the sexiest routine that SYTYDC has ever seen!

I finally got the chance to watch Sandhu's two available routines--this year's audition and the hip hop dance. The hip hop I didn't care for: too much strobe lighting, so it's hard to see what the dancers are doing. But his audition! Glorioski. The guy can move. I gather he's a bit of a prima donna, which I don't like, but I still hope he goes far, because he certainly has something electric when the music starts. That was what made him so heartbreaking as a skater: he made you see what skating could look like when done with true artistry, and then he'd invariably wreck his chances with more falls than Niagara. Maybe with his feet on the ground instead of on ice, he'll have a better chance to carry off what he can truly do. I hope he makes it to the finals, and that all his routines get on YouTube!

Oh, man, that dancing is just spectacular! It's so great to see Emanuel in complete control of a program and giving it his all. This is what he gave us a glimpse of on skates but couldn't sustain. Thanks so much for providing these videos so we could see the E-Man in action. He partners very well also, doesn't he? That was the one thing I was afraid of, that he wouldn't be able to work with another dancer--not everyone can figure out the dynamic of partnering. Fortunately, no problem there! Of course, not having seen the other dancers, I can't fairly wish that he win, but I sure hope he makes it into the finals and--even more important--is able to find a way to continue in a dance career.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the clips! WOW, Sandhu was excellent and having a very nice attitude. It seems to me that dancing really suits him, even more than skating did. He has found himself, so to speak. It did really surprise me, that also his dancing with a partner goes so wonderfully.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for posting the youtube SYTYCD site with Eman. You can see so much of his skating in his technique. I love it!!!!

Thanks for pointing us to the Emanuel article on Icenetwork. I enjoyed it immensely. It talks about the extensive preparation Sandhu did in advance of auditioning: he took partnering classes as well as classes in types of dance he doesn't usually do. That gives me a very good impression of his thoroughness and his respect for technique, two things I admire in a dancer or a skater. Can't wait to see this week's tapes!

i love to skate

Medalist
Here is Emanuel's contemporary piece this week. It is stunning and I was speechless while watching it on TV last night. Emanuel's expression was amazing! He has rebroken his finger and also has a foot injury while Kim has a very serious bruise on her leg. Last night
must have been very special for Emanuel because the legend, Karen Kain was judging :rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao4q8vDGjVs

Wow; that was beautiful. Except for the fact that Sandhu is injured all over the place, he really has found the place he seems to belong. He's risen to every challenge, and he even partners well, projecting strong chemistry for the lady.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Emanuel looks so happy!!! I am so happy for him. :clap: :clap:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
WOW, that was absolutely beautiful! Such a huge pleasure to watch both these dancers... Sandhu has matured and I like the way he behaves.

herios

Medalist
Emanuel did very well thus far. He got lucky to have a versatile and preety good all around partner. Also the judges were equally positive in their feedback in the first 4 weeks. The reality is he is well prepared.

However, for those who are not watching SYTYCD Canada, I just want to tell, no matter how good they are there is no guarantee how long they will fare, as the level of the dancers of the show is very high and once the few weaker dancers gone, there are about 10 who could go into the final.
A lot will depend on the luck of the draw of which dance they pick, they simply cannot afford a glitch, the level is so even.
Last year, in the first season, once they narrowed down to the top 12, it was a heartbreaking experience every week, to see superb dancers eliminated. This season looks like it's going to be the same.

There were more tears shed already this season than in 3-4 editions in total in US.
As far as his toughest test, I am concerned if he picks ballroom (latin or standard). The public seems to not favour too much those dances, most likely the young teenagers cannot understand the difficulty of those styles, and they seems to be the majority of the voters.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Emanuel Is Doing Great

I think being a part of this show has done something to boost Emanuel's confidence. I have never seen him look as happy as he does on that stage. I think Emanuel "lost heart" when he was competing in skating. It's great to see him up on that stage showing what he can do. I always knew he could be a wonderful dancer. I was not sure how he would handle sharing the spot light with a partner, but so far so good. He is a really strong partner and makes his partner look good. Go Emanuel!!

:thumbsup: