Emilea Zingas & Vadym Kolesnik | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Emilea Zingas & Vadym Kolesnik

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Grand Prix Espoo Senior Free Dance: Results; Protocols
Grand Prix Espoo Senior Ice Dance: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgjiBvBRRzM

Emilea and Vadym finished 5th out of 10 in the FD, with a score of 111.65. This meant that they remained in 5th position overall, with a score of 183.78.

Unfortunately, I was not able to watch LIVE. However, I have now watched Hielo Español's video, and have written a couple of comments along the lines of what I would have wrote if I had been watching LIVE:

Firstly, about the Warm-Up:

Awwww. How adorable was Emilea when they were in the line-up waiting to be introduced in the presentations at the start of the Warm-Up?! :love:

I am so jealous of Vadym right now!

Mmmm. Warming up separately when the camera was focussed on them. And only came together just before the camera moved onto the next partnership! :rolleye:

Although they occasionally came into the background of shots after that, we didn't actually see them doing anything. And the next time the camera focussed in on them, they were just going around the boards getting ready to be introduced before doing their programme.

So, nothing to go on. But, here they come!

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EMILEA AND VADYM!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

And here is what I wrote about their programme:

Nice choreography to start.

Oh, Mark commented about the entry into and exit out of the Stationary Lift! Didn't even realise there was an element in there! :drama:

Hate this dragging your partner across the ice. I would classify anything where something other than the blade is on the ice as a fall.

Struggling to find anything else to comment because everything looked faultless!

So, all I can really add is that, although the costumes looke beautiful, I still don't like the way that they don't relate to the film.

They look really happy. Particularly Emilea anbd Igor. Vadym is still a bit out of breath.

Mmmm. Vadym looks disappointed with the score.

Into the lead of the FD and overall.

:cheer: WELL DONE EMILEA AND VADYM!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

As for the members that were commenting LIVE, here are a selection. Starting with my friend in Sicily:

i wish she wore a more costumy dress given the theme

So, I'm not the only one that doesn't think the outfits fit the theme. She then attempted to try to work out what the costumes could represent:

so she's the rose and he is what? the curse?

I think you're clutching at straws now! :laugh:

One of our American members summed it up perfectly in this comment:

Holy moly. That was amazing.

While another commented:

I like Emilia and Vadym's FD much more than I did the first time. They really sold it well, and they seem to be progressing very nicely.

Actually, so did I.

And a comment from one of our Polish members:

Emilea/Vadym are a really good match for each other. They had the best one foot sequence so far from me that featured a counter into twizzles and interesting arms choreography.

I think they are a good match too! :biggrin: Even if a certain other member doesn't... (this other member doesn't like me, so I would prefer to think that she is not taking a genuine pop at Emilea, but is instead just using this as an opportunity to take a pop at me because I have been looking after Emilea on here for so long. Whatever her reasons, it is not fair, and I disagree wholeheartedly).

Anyway, looking at the Protocols, there is not a single minus number in them. In fact, of the 90 marks given out my the Judges, there are only six +1's. Nearly all the marks given by the Judges are +2 or +3. There are even three +4's. Judge 2 gave +4 for the Twizzles; Judge 4 gave +4 for the Curve Lift; and Judge 2 gave +4 for the Rotational Lift.

In terms of GOE, the lowest was +1.10 for the opening element, the Stationary Lift. The highest was +2.25 for the second element, the Choreographic Step Sequence.

There was one other element that got a GOE that was over +2. That was the penultimate element, the Serpentine Step Seqence In Hold, which got +2.08. And because this had the highest Base Value of the programme, it was the highest scoring element.

Emilea and Vadym finished the Free Dance 2.45 points behind 4th position, Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO (USA), and 1.54 points ahead of 6th position, Kateřina MRÁZKOVÁ / Daniel MRÁZEK (CZE).

Overall, Emilea and Vadym finished 4.98 points behind 4th position, Carreira / Ponomarenko, and 7.05 points ahead of 6th position, Yuka ORIHARA / Juho PIRINEN (FIN).

I don't know what else I can say. They were just so good.

Their next assignment is the Golden Spin Of Zagreb, which is on the same weekend as the Grand Prix Final. However, the past few years there has been no livestream or livescoring at the Golden Spin, so it is anybody's guess whether we will be able to follow how they get on in real time.

So, instead of ending on a low note, let's appreciate just how good their debut Senior GP Series campaign was.

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

icetug

Medalist
One of our American members summed it up perfectly in this comment:

Holy moly. That was amazing.
I went to the Nepela Memorial in September and during FD I happened to be sitting near Stephane Lambiel. It turned out that he was a fan of Emilea & Vadym, and he explained at length why he liked them so much to the journalist who accompanied him. I didn't want to eavesdrop, so I just hope she writes about it someday. Anyway, he was cheering and applauding them enthusiastically.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I went to the Nepela Memorial in September and during FD I happened to be sitting near Stephane Lambiel. It turned out that he was a fan of Emilea & Vadym, and he explained at length why he liked them so much to the journalist who accompanied him. I didn't want to eavesdrop, so I just hope she writes about it someday. Anyway, he was cheering and applauding them enthusiastically.

Stéphane likes them?! :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

That is praise indeed!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

They've made it!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

I just hope they do well enough at Nationals to get the opportunities that their talent clearly deserves. Because when they are even catching the eye of somebody like Lambiel, it would be a travesty if they don't.

But, with being in the American system, I fear that is exactly what will happen.

CaroLiza_fan

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd love to hear some of Stephane's explanation of why he likes them so much, if you can remember any by-words!

I think Emilea and Vadym are extraordinary in their carriage, style, and how much they enjoy dancing together, and they have a spark that's unusual. I'm very excited about them. ❤️

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Emilea and Vadym will be competing at the final round of the Challenger Series today, the Golden Spin Of Zagreb.

The Senior Short Dance is due to start at 14:00:00 CET (08:00:00 EDT / 13:00:00 GMT / 15:00:00 EET). So 7 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym will be the 17th partnership to start. So, second partnership in Group 4.

The Group 4 Warm-Up is due to start at 16:11:30 CET (10:11:30 EDT / 15:11:30 GMT / 17:11:30 EET). So 9h 11m from now.

Emilea and Vadym are due to start at 16:23:40 CET (10:23:40 EDT / 15:23:40 GMT / 17:23:40 EET). So 9h 23m from now.

But, those times may change if there are delays earlier in the day.

More information in the event sub-forum:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/972

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Golden Spin Of Zagreb Senior Short Dance: Results; Protocols

No video uploaded yet 😞

Emilea and Vadym finished 2nd out of 19 in the SD, with a score of 78.23.

Unfortunately, this being the Golden Spin, there was no livestream. Or working livescoring for that matter. So, all we have to go on are comments from people that were at the event, and the Protocols.

And since there were no comments copied over to the competition thread, all I can include here is what is in the Protocols. But, with the GP Final in full swing, I will have to look at them at a later stage and edit my comments in.

Emilea and Vadym are currently 2.96 points behind 1st position, Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVIČIUS (LTU), and 5.76 points ahead of 3rd position, Isabella FLORES / Ivan DESYATOV (USA).

Emilea and Vadym are in a very good position here. They are within striking distance of the leaders, and they have a good gap behind them. If they put in a good Free Dance, they could win this.

So, let's hope for a good Free Dance from Emilea and Vadym!

The Free Dance is due to start at 13:00:00 CET (07:00:00 EDT / 12:00:00 GMT / 14:00:00 EET). So 6 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym will be the 14th partnership to start. So, fourth and penultimate partnership in Group 4 (and penultimate partnership of the segment).

The Group 4 Warm-Up is due to start at 15:21:10 CET (09:21:10 EDT / 14:21:10 GMT / 16:21:10 EET). So 8h 21m from now.

Emilea and Vadym are due to start at 15:50:10 CET (09:50:10 EDT / 14:50:10 GMT / 16:50:10 EET). So 8h 50m from now.

But, those times may change if somebody that is due on before them withdraws.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/972

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Golden Spin Of Zagreb Senior Free Dance: Results; Protocols
Golden Spin Of Zagreb Senior Ice Dance: Results

No video uploaded yet 😞

Emilea and Vadym finished 3rd out of 19 in the FD, with a score of 105.09. This meant that they remained in 2nd position overall, with a score of 183.32.

Unfortunately, this being the Golden Spin, there was no livestream. Or working livescoring for that matter. Nevertheless, there were a lot of people commenting about them in the competition thread after the results came through, despite not actually seeing the programme.

Looking at the protocols, there were only two elements that had any minus numbers beside them. The first was the first element, the Stationary Lift, where Judge 5 gave it -1. This was the exception, because the other Judges marks were all positive. Judge 6 gave +1; three Judges gave +2; and two Judges gave +3. The GOE was the second lowest of the programme, but was still good at +0.96.

The main problem, though, was the fifth element, the One Foot Turns Sequence. And the reason was that there was a fall. The people in the thread were saying that it was Emilea that fell, but I don't know. Anyway, it got -3 from all the Judges. It also got GOE of -2.18, which made it the second lowest scoring element of the programme.

Incidentally, the lowest scoring elements were the second and eighth elements, the Choreographic Step Sequences. But, that was purely because they had by far the lowest Base Value. They actually each got the same GOE, +1.66, which was the second highest GOE of the programme.

Everything else had impressive numbers. Three elements got +1's from two Judges, but the vast majority of Judges marks were +2 or +3. Ironically, one of the elements that got a pair of +1's was the highest scoring element of the programme! The Serpentine Step Seqence In Hold got +2 from the other five Judges. It got the highest GOE of the programme at +1.87, and it also had the highest Base Value of the programme.

Emilea and Vadym finished the Free Dance 3.06 points behind 2nd position, Isabella FLORES / Ivan DESYATOV (USA), and 2.13 points ahead of 3rd position, Phebe BEKKER / James HERNANDEZ (GBR).

Overall, Emilea and Vadym finished 16.79 points behind 1st position, Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVIČIUS (LTU), and 2.70 points ahead of 3rd position, Flores / Destyatov.

Although it was their lowest Free Dance score of the season, they can find comfort that it was purely down to the fall. Everything else scored great. And they didn't drop any positions overall. With what Reed / Ambrulevičius scored in the Free Dance, even Emilea and Vadym's best Free Dance score of the season wouldn't have been able to do anything about Allison and Saulius winning. So, best of the rest was the best they could do. And they did!

Plus, they got their highest Short Dance score of the season.

I don't know if they have any competitions between now and Nationals. But, they should take confidence going into them.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Emilea and Vadym will be competing tonight at the American Championships, this year being held in Columbus, Ohio.

The Senior Short Dance is due to start at 16:30:00 EST (21:30:00 GMT / 23:30:00 EET). So 12 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym will be the 7th partnership to start.

And that is as much as I can tell you, because the USFS Entries / Results pages do not include Time Schedules. And I don't know where else to find one.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/950

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
American Championships Senior Short Dance: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWzdMMY6wbU

Emilea and Vadym finished 5th out of 13 in the SD, with a score of 77.59.

Unfortunately, I was not able to watch the American Championships.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Emilea and Vadym are currently 0.55 points behind 4th position, Emily BRATTI (Washington FSC) / Ian SOMERVILLE (Washington FSC), and 1.15 points ahead of 6th position, Oona BROWN (SC of New York) / Gage BROWN (SC of New York).

The Free Dance is due to start at 13:50:00 EST (18:50:00 GMT / 20:50:00 EET). So 12 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym will be the 9th partnership to start.

And that is as much as I can tell you, because the USFS Entries / Results pages do not include Time Schedules. And I don't know where else to find one.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/950

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
American Championships Senior Free Dance: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUKHcWyKc8k

Emilea and Vadym finished 8th out of 13 in the Free Dance, with a score of 104.11. This meant that they dropped to 6th position overall, with a score of 181.70.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Emilea and Vadym finished the Free Dance 3.54 points behind 7th position, Katarina WOLFKOSTIN (Peninsula SC) / Dimitry TSAREVSKI (Peninsula SC), and 1.12 points ahead of 9th position, Oona BROWN (SC of New York) / Gage BROWN (SC of New York).

Overall, Emilea and Vadym finished 3.05 points behind 5th position, Eva PATE (Strongsville SC) / Logan BYE (SC of New York), and 2.03 points ahead of 7th position, Isabella FLORES (Thunderbirds FSC) / Ivan DESYATOV (Thunderbirds FSC). Flores / Desyatov were at the head of a group of 4 partnerships covered by 1.62 points, stretching down to Wolfkostin / Tsarevski in 9th position, 3.65 points behind Emilea and Vadym.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
After initially being down as alternates, Emilea and Vadym will be competing tomorrow morning at the 4 Continents Championships, this year being held in Shanghai, China.

The Senior Short Dance is due to start at 12:30:00 CST Friday (23:30:00 EDT Thursday / 04:30:00 GMT Friday / 06:30:00 EET). So 8 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym will be the 10th partnership to start. So, second partnership in Group 3 (and second partnership after the resurfacing).

The Group 3 Warm-Up is due to start at 13:50:00 CST (00:50:00 EDT / 05:50:00 GMT / 07:50:00 EET). So 9h 20m from now.

Emilea and Vadym are due to start at 14:03:00 CST (01:03:00 EDT / 06:03:00 GMT / 08:03:00 EET). So 9h 33m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/934

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
4 Continents Championships Senior Short Dance: Results; Protocols

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QPmXpALwI

Emilea and Vadym finished 4th out of 16 in the SD, with a score of 75.76.

As I have been concentrating on the Icebeat Winter Trophy this week, I haven't had a chance to catch up on watching any of 4 Continents yet. But, once I do, I will edit in comments and analysis of what happened.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Emilea and Vadym are currently 1.71 points behind 3rd position, Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO (USA), and 0.39 points ahead of 5th position, Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS (USA).

Ahead of Carreira / Ponomarenko is a 4.55 point gap to Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SØRENSEN (CAN) in 2nd position, 6.26 points ahead of Emilea and Vadym, while behind Green / Parsons is a 4.08 point gap to Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO (JPN) in 6th position, 4.47 points behind Emilea and Vadym.

Consequently, it looks like it is going to be a straight shoot-out between the three partnerships representing America for the final step on the podium.

So, I really hope Emilea and Vadym have a good Free Dance and can claim the Bronze Medal!

The Free Dance is due to start at 12:00:00 CST Sunday (23:00:00 EDT Saturday / 04:00:00 GMT Sunday / 06:00:00 EET Sunday). So 7 hours from now.

Emilea and Vadym will be the 13th partnership to start. So, first partnership in Group 4.

The Group 4 Warm-Up is due to start at 14:08:30 CST (01:08:30 EDT / 06:08:30 GMT / 08:08:30 EET). So 9h 8m from now.

Emilea and Vadym are due to start at 14:15:00 CST (01:15:00 EDT / 06:15:00 GMT / 08:15:00 EET). So 9h 15m from now.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forums/934

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
4 Continents Championships Senior Free Dance: Results; Protocols
4 Continents Championships Senior Ice Dance: Results

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUKHcWyKc8k

Emilea and Vadym finished 4th out of 16 in the FD, with a score of 117.31. This meant that they remained in 4th position overall, with a score of 193.07.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Emilea and Vadym finished the Free Dance 2.26 points behind 3rd position, Marie-Jade LAURIAULT / Romain le GAC (CAN), and 0.64 points ahead of 5th position, Christina CARREIRA / Anthony PONOMARENKO (USA). Emilea and Vadym were at the head of a group of 4 partnerships covered by 3.44 points, stretching down to Hannah LIM / QUAN Ye (KOR) in 7th position.

Overall, Emilea and Vadym finished 1.07 points behind 3rd position, Carreira / Ponomarenko, and 2.24 points ahead of 5th position, Lauriault / le Gac.

CaroLiza_fan