Emily Chan & Spencer Akira Howe | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Emily Chan & Spencer Akira Howe

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Emily and Spencer are a bit of a "sleeper" pair, in my opinion. They just make all their skating look so natural and easy ... and that's a huge compliment, because one of the concepts of figure skating is to make extremely difficult athletic feats LOOK easy.

It took me a few times of watching them to realize how solid their skating is ... maybe because Spencer looks almost slight for a pairs man. Watching them skate gives me confidence; they're quite smooth. My husband noticed, when I showed him their FS, that Spencer lifted Emily six times during the program. I'd just taken it for granted a bit, because their lifts are so gorgeous, and the choreographic lifts too. It really is amazing, the strength and muscles that the pairs men have, to accomplish what they do ... and the pairs women too, as every element and every move is only accomplished by the strength and grace of both partners.

What draws me to them is Emily and Spencer's mutual commitment to the emotions of the programs, and to sharing those emotions with the audience. That's what they love. I can't wait to see what they'll skate to next and the creativity they'll show. ❤️

ETA: Congratulations on your 5th place at your first World Championships! You're awesome!

noskates

Record Breaker
What is going on with this pair? I may have missed it but are they still competing, injured? or will they be at Nationals? I look forward to their new programs every year.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Very much enjoyed the unique Elvis program and so happy they did so well in the Short at Nationals; they will be missed in the Free. I adore Emily’s gold dress!🤗 All the very best for Worlds!

momrk

Medalist
Country
United-States
It was great to see them back on the ice, Spencer looked much stronger than at Nationals, and they seem to have a good attitude about the road back. I wish them all good things ahead.