Evgeni Plushenko | Page 129 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Gosh, Sveta went to all those shows? Is she going to fly to St. Petersburg, too? :) Or maybe there will be some other superfans documenting there. I am so glad that Russia isn't like Japan, where they never allow cameras at ice shows.

Do you know the Hetalia game? Many people think Plushy is Ivan Braginsky-Russia https://twitter.com/PlushenkoNews/status/543140980225224704 He has own Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evgeni-Plushenko-is-Ivan-Braginski/353304694459?fref=ts Plushenko is Ivan Braginsky :biggrin:

Hetalia is an anime, isn't it? I have seen the pictures around...does the character only look like Plushy or does he act like him, too? Does he skate?

Plushy interview about the Grand Prix:

Plushenko: errors skater Yuzuru Chania in the final Grand Prix - a consequence of the injury

PETERSBURG, December 14. / Correspondent. TASS Boris Jodorowsky /. Olympic champion Yuzuru Japanese Chania demonstrated in the final Grand Prix of Figure Skating highest class, and his mistakes are the result obtained in step Shanghai injury. This opinion with TASS correspondent shared double Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko.

© EPA / ALBERTO Estevez
Russian figure skaters won four awards in the final Grand Prix
In Barcelona ended Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. In the men's competition was won by Olympic champion 2014 Chania, collected by the sum of short and long programs 288.16 points. Second place went to Spaniard Javier Fernandez (253.90), and the third - Russian Sergei Voronov (244.53).
"After the triumph in the Olympic season is always difficult to find the motivation to perform in competitions, but Chania this is no problem - said Plushenko. - It makes a wrong in the execution of jumps in the short and long programs are the result obtained in step Shanghai injury. In order just to recover from such a collision, it takes time. Chania also showed the highest class in Barcelona, ​​performing two different quadruple jumps in the free program and typing, despite errors, near-record scores. "
According to Plushenko, the final Grand Prix showed a tendency to complicate programs skaters. "All the finalists have included in their program quads, and most try to run any program in two or even three of these elements, - said the two-time Olympic champion. - This trend will continue in the future, and those who claim to victory in major competitions, will develop new quad lutz same. "

© Valery Sharifulin / TASS
Russian figure skater Sergei Voronov took third place in the final Grand Prix in Barcelona
Russian figure skater said Voronov, which competed in the time of selection for the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver. "This season, Sergey demonstrates a very good rental - said Plushenko. - If he can accurately perform two quadruple jumps in the free program, you will be fully able to win the championship of Russia and to fight for" gold "at the European Championships. This skater potential is far from exhausted. "
Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final was held in Barcelona from 11 to 14 December.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
The tweet below: "The hilarious Putin phone case and Brian's awful (girl's?) jumper make it extra special."

https://twitter.com/EldrickISB/status/543869627772973056 #ISUGPFinal 34.26 pts ahead of Hanyu in total. 2nd largest distance in the Final in any category (Record: 35.10 for Plushenko, 2004)
Y'know, when people were wondering this this GPF was the biggest win margin, the first thing I thought of was Plushy from 2003-2006. Glad to see my instincts weren't wrong.

Hetalia is an anime, isn't it? I have seen the pictures around...does the character only look like Plushy or does he act like him, too? Does he skate?
Hetalia originally started as a manga/web comic. It later got made into an anime. It is about... a bunch of anthropomorphized countries (I am not making this up). Ivan Braginsky is the anthropomorphized version of Russia, hence the Plushy connection. As for whether he's like Plushy, outside of appearance... I've only watched a handful of episodes. But I would guess no, since Russia (the character) seems to be comically crazy.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I felt so old. :drama: because I haven't watched Hetalia yet. But I know the characters. Plushy can play Ivan lol.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I felt so old. :drama: because I haven't watched Hetalia yet. But I know the characters. Plushy can play Ivan lol.

I didn't heard anything about Hetalia before 2010. In that time were many comments on Youtube under his videos and in the Twitter " : "Evgen Plushenko is Ivan Braginsky"... Plushenko looks like Ivan Braginsky.. So you aren't old just you aren't interested in these games... :)

edit: Next @EvgeniPlushenko's shows in december - 21."Gran Gala del Ghiaccio",Turin+ 22."Courchevel Gala"+ 28.RN Gala,Sochi :cheer:

I just find this link http://prosport-online.ru/gallery/plushenko4-2004 How cute Plushy was in 2004.. with his first girlfriend Ulyana..And in 2005 he got married with Maria Ermak..no wonder they are divorced, that was very quick marriage...

Look at that smile Sandpiper! Plushenko fans adore his smile! That is legendary among us. So you aren't the only one...;)

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushenko held yeasterday another master-class for kids in Moscow, at Katok.ru

http://websta.me/p/875985605842322367_1454351423

t.ezhova : nice when a man during an interview openly and honestly speaks of love to his woman. He - like that. Plushenko. // Three hours of continuous interviews (media stood in intelligent queue)), and then another, and a master class for children. Athletes - special people.

http://websta.me/p/876019514163792228_12465705

zorkin: children thrilled! On "Katke.ru" just gave a master class Evgeny Plushenko. # # EvgeniyPlyuschenko katokRu # AntonZorkin

http://websta.me/p/876033347514816098_1361375276
love_is_parish: living legend, one to one's level must strive every beginner skater

https://twitter.com/ss_orc/status/544537839417831424 love it!

Beautiful video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XaGXfpDjD0&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
I didn't heard anything about Hetalia before 2010. In that time were many comments on Youtube under his videos and in the Twitter " : "Evgen Plushenko is Ivan Braginsky"... Plushenko looks like Ivan Braginsky.. So you aren't old just you aren't interested in these games... :)

edit: Next @EvgeniPlushenko's shows in december - 21."Gran Gala del Ghiaccio",Turin+ 22."Courchevel Gala"+ 28.RN Gala,Sochi :cheer:

I just find this link http://prosport-online.ru/gallery/plushenko4-2004 How cute Plushy was in 2004.. with his first girlfriend Ulyana..And in 2005 he married Maria Ermak..no wonder they are divorced, that was very quick marriage...

Look at that smile Sandpiper! Plushenko fans adore his smile! That is legendary among us. So you aren't the only one...;)
Is this Ulyana? http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/ptichkafs/12735067/10380/10380_320.jpg

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
A new video interview with Plushy. Obviously in Russian, but perhaps someone can translate?

The text below: "The point I have not yet set, I want to speak at the next Olympics"

Two-time Olympic figure skating champion Yevgeny Plushenko told "Gazeta.ru" that is doing during a pause in his sporting career, he remembered the Olympic Games in Sochi, complained of Western sanctions and expressed his attitude to the policies of President Putin.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
another interview today

I quoted from his official

Plushy requested from Russian Skating Federation "official statement" about that what happened at the Olympics - after the Team competition he said them that he could not perform at the Individual competition because of pain in the spine, but they told him that they "can not find anyone who could replace him". He even sent to Federation a letter to publish this "official statement", but they are not answered... so this interview is, in fact, the pressure on them

http://prosport-online.ru/other/evg...r-putin-vse-znaet-eto-dlya-menya-ochen-vazhno

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Sochi's over. Ultimately you can't win 'em all no matter what you you do. I'm just glad The Snow King in Moscow was a success, and that the international aspect will probably come true. :)

Btw, I really like the Prince outfit. I should've known he'd get a costume change so he has something he can jump in.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
A new video interview with Plushy. Obviously in Russian, but perhaps someone can translate?

The text below: "The point I have not yet set, I want to speak at the next Olympics"

Two-time Olympic figure skating champion Yevgeny Plushenko told "Gazeta.ru" that is doing during a pause in his sporting career, he remembered the Olympic Games in Sochi, complained of Western sanctions and expressed his attitude to the policies of President Putin.

The interview -google translating

"Only in Russia could become an idol in the anti-hero a couple of days"

Despite the fact that after the Sochi Olympic Games, two-time champion and three-time world champion in figure skating Evgeni Plushenko took a break in his boxing career, free time in the schedule of the famous skater has not increased - their own projects, shows, figure skating school, interviews ... Plushenko still popular. Not less, if not more, than in the days of its Sports Hall of Fame.

A few hours before his next master class for future generations of Russian skaters champions Eugene told "Gazeta.ru" about his current life, he remembered the Olympics in Sochi, shared creative plans for the future and answer the main question - about his potential return to the sport .

Sochi Olympics

- Eugene, what is your feeling? Were you able to fully recover after the last time?
- Thank you for your trouble. You know already been eight months or more ... I feel much better already participated in many demonstrations.
Exercise, do three and a half turns, now install the quad.

Just recently made a fairy tale show "Snow King", which were sold out. Now go to Petersburg there for five days will be another 14 shows. Therefore, all very nice, all the fun. Preparing for the future sports life. As for sports: not missed until the hungry. You have to wait, you need to recover before the end. A couple of years we'll see. Maybe it will come back and I will speak further.

- Soon to be the anniversary of the Olympic Games in Sochi. How quickly after it was able to switch? Or still your memories of it fresh? How often do you remember in February of this year?
- (Sighs.) I think it has been a long time. And life goes on. Therefore, I believe that the Olympics was the best of all time. It was a beautiful, though difficult time. Especially after the time when I was due to the state of his health was not able to continue playing.

I remember the negative reviews - then the camp was divided: 50% - for me, the other 50% - against. I do not fully understand how this can happen when you skate for life for the country - for the fans, for these people. Trying to overcome itself, and ride with injuries after surgery. Even doing a special operation before the Olympics to go to her health problems and did not interfere.

Put the screws to you there, the new intervertebral disc. And you fight and perebaryvat, you go to the Olympics and become a hero. But just a couple of days you find yourself antihero ... This probably only happens in our country. But I was faced with this.

I am very glad that I supported the family, my parents, my family and friends. I became much stronger. I experienced a very serious step in life. Some people, including athletes, said that I had to continue his career, breaking his spine, sit in a wheelchair, let me even paralyze, but I have to go on a drive. I guess maybe it's true. It would be possible to do so, but let they advise their children or loved ones or themselves.

Disabled, of course, I would not want to become and be. I have lived a very serious sport life. But I repeat: I became stronger.

Now, of course, people have a different opinion. When I did a second operation after the Olympics, they saw that I pulled these screws, one of which was broken.

By the way, for myself sometimes it analyzes and think: how do I get this stuff? When the first eight months before the Olympics, you do the operation and place these screws and new vertebral disc, and when you start to train, afraid to make a double jump and fall with him, you know that you can do all of the screws may break and fly in underwear ... And as I overcame, did it all ...

It all happened thanks to my coach who believed in me, my choreographer, my big team and of course my wife who sent me somewhere was very tight. But, apparently, at that time, and it was necessary not to give me such a weakness, and vice versa.

Before the Olympics, I three or four times ended up with sports, because he could not overcome the pain and fear. But everything worked out and I am very happy that it happened.

- Olympic Games in Sochi for you - it's primarily a dream come true or is it this negativity from injury and subsequent scandal left their mark?
- This is overcome. I have a book I'm writing, it's just called "Bridging". It will be about the Olympics, all operations and injuries, my biography and memoirs. About what happened and how the sport. As I was disqualified after the Olympics in Vancouver. There are interesting moments.

I was just at the time wrote a book. When I wrote it, I make it very tough. Because there are some very serious points. But I said, "Wait a minute. You are now in the sport, do not. You "closed" will not give you 5.9 or 6.0. "And I said, "Did I skated for money or something?" I always ride for their work, all estimates were for my skating quality.

But somehow I listened while their administrators, directors, and not strictly written. But now it's time to write here is the truth. Let people say and even know how and what happened was in life.

Point has not yet delivered

- Last time you have in many interviews heard the word "prove". You said that you want to return to the sport, to prove. But in fact, you have already proven many, if not all, winning two Olympic gold. Why are you still choose to answer your criticism than just logical silence?
- I just did not put an end to. I was going to end, but it happened. I would like at the Olympics dokatat individual tournament's great, but because of the health failed. If my health permits, I still want to dokatat the next Olympic Games to the end, and even at this finish.

- Do you seriously considering participating in the fifth Olympics for you?
- I've never done PR. I said that after 2006 will come back to the sport, and thanks to my wife Yana back, took second place at the Olympics, won the European championship, the championship of Russia, Grand Prix, the season was won by me. And then were such serious athletes, like Brian Joubert and Stephane Lambiel.

So if I say something, it may take place and, moreover, constantly coming true. When I was in Vancouver did not give the first place, I said that I would act in Sochi. Naturally, then still thought that there will be such a serious operation. But even with them I will succeed. Therefore, in my life, no PR.

- How realistic you will compete with the younger generation?
- For example, tennis players Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras worked until recently. Yu-Na Kim spoke at two Olympics, why she needed the Games in Sochi? It feels good, a year has contracts for 7-10 million dollars. It is supported by the state. She has it all. What she needs to go to sweat, work?

She does it for himself, to the public, in order to go down in history. The same thing I did. I have long been all right. Why am I doing this? Perhaps, in order to try to become the first in the world to perform at five Olympics.

Putin and sanctions

- We often hear calls to boycott major sporting events to be held in Russia. How do you feel about political interference in sport?
- I was faced with sanctions, my show was to maintain a foreign company, but at the last moment she refused due to sanctions. Therefore, this tale we are selling, looking for sponsors.
But I think everything that makes Vladimir Putin - all right. He is really the leader and the best policies in the world. I trust him completely, and go support him. Yes, we are faced with a serious story, but when we are together, we can win. And that, as to talk of sanctions in the field of sports, all the competitions will be held. Everything will be fine.

- Do not think that because of the political situation of our skaters can judge a little more strict?
- It's all right, show your position, good skating, and everything will be fine. As my mother used to say: be head and shoulders above, and no one will never sue.

Kovtun - not "Mercedes"

- Check out upcoming Barcelona Grand Prix finals?
- I saw only the short program.

- Winning Yuzuru Hanyu, despite his fall, was legitimate for you?
- Hanyu - is another athlete with a capital letter. He is another slide, choreography, culture gesture. He sees differently. There is a "Mercedes", but there is everything else.

I am very happy for Sergei Voronov, he became the third. It really is now his position. About this can only dream of. And it's great riding this season.

- A failure Maxim Kovtun surprised or for you it was predictable?
- And what is it bad luck? He is, in principle, worthy skated.

- Many expected from him a medal ...
- He could enter the top three. The reason I say that there are champions, but there are athletes who aspire to it, here Kovtun still have to prove it. Because when you say that you are a champion, it is necessary to prove the action. While it still is not.

Kovtun has won two Grand Prix, and on one of them faced Hanyu and Chinese. Hanyu still skated hard shake, made five downs, but our athlete won only three points. What we can talk? As my coach, remove the rose-colored glasses.

Therefore, all Maxim probably ahead, but there is really top-level athletes, but he still should grow.
Cinema, theater and a dream

- Do you plan to use somehow theatrical skills acquired in your project, with a potential return to the sport?
- I want to make a movie about my life. Now there is a suggestion, perhaps we realize, this takes time. About sports, even thinking about it now I do not. I'm so tired of their projects and opening schools.

Every day something happens. Just today I spend all day at the rink - along with his sponsor Vicks do a master class for children "Active Family". It is important to devote time to the children, to teach them something new. So now do not even want to think about what will be my future programs.

- You can call yourself a happy person?
- I am a happy and even now put the number of the song my friend Grigory Leps "I am happy."

- Do you have a dream?
- Dream - a daughter and health to all.

DID I SAY I LOVE THIS GUY SO MUCH?? :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Sochi's over. Ultimately you can't win 'em all no matter what you you do. I'm just glad The Snow King in Moscow was a success, and that the international aspect will probably come true. :)

Btw, I really like the Prince outfit. I should've known he'd get a costume change so he has something he can jump in.

I also like that beautiful costume!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2da3gBMBARI many flowers...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

That blue costume was exactly what I was wishing for back when we were talking about ballet programs. It's perfection!!! And best of all...it's not black! :clap:

Thank you plushyfan, you always deliver! "Kovtun - not Mercedes"... :laugh2:

Here's yet another new interview, translation link from Plushenko News. He's quite chatty today...

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
In my day were great professionals, coaches, athletes - Urmanov, Kulik, racks, and many others, which equaled and I learned from them.
:confused: Should Urmanov and Kulik feel offended?

And who am I? I was like Plushenko Plushenko and remained so. I wish all the athletes - Be not like someone, but better.
:clap:

adelia

Record Breaker
Hmm... the "not PR" thing seems to be a response to TAT. Earlier in the season, she made a comment that she thought Plushy's intention of returning in 2018 was just a "PR stunt" for his ice shows.

LRK

Record Breaker
That blue costume was exactly what I was wishing for back when we were talking about ballet programs. It's perfection!!! And best of all...it's not black! :clap:

Thank you plushyfan, you always deliver! "Kovtun - not Mercedes"... :laugh2:

Here's yet another new interview, translation link from Plushenko News. He's quite chatty today...

Well, to be fair, that was in a subtitle, so I think that should be credited to the journalist.... let's not start rumours here, people! (NEWS! Plushenko Says That Kovtun Is Not Mercedes!) What he did say was that Yuzu WAS Mercedes. I suppose this means he likes Mercedes? ;)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Ah, so the whole, insightful interview was just an excuse for Plushy to do product placement! :mad: :laugh: He's gone too commercial. Time to panic! :drama: