Favorite Men Programs/Moves from last season 2014-15 | Golden Skate

Favorite Men Programs/Moves from last season 2014-15

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Joshua's masterpiece of a Schindler's List, with all its beauty, emotion and musicality...ah...magic. He would weave a spell every time he was on the ice.

But for the best move, I can't go past that crazy good 4S-3T that Max Aaron tossed up at the start of his Nationals LP. Big, powerful, totally in control, no doubts over the technique or rotation and never a doubt that he'd land it.

Or perhaps the insane upside down spin from Joshua - gorgeous.

lyverbird1

Final Flight
I loved many of the theatrical nuances in Javier's LP. I like that he was able to combine technical skill with musicality and fun. :cheer:

Interspectator

Record Breaker

ioanna

Record Breaker
Tatsuki Machida FS: Symphony no 9 for the amazing and extremely difficult choreography and layout and for managing to perform it and bring it to life even when he was falling 3 times. My favorite "move" of the program is the spread-eagle into besti squat into arabesque spiral during the climatic part of the program and also the 3Lz seconds away from the end.

Takahiko Kozuka FS: Io Ci Saro - a masterful program in which Kozuka's subtle musicality as well as edges and use of spread eagles go hand in hand with Andrea Bocelli's vocals and create what is possibly the most breathtaking program of his career.

Denis Ten FS: Ambush From Ten Sides / Vocussion - very good choreography (although I thought the first half of the program could have been better) and amazing footwork. The sit spin at the end of the program went extremely well with the music.

Joshua Farris SP: Give Me Love - it was like a breath of fresh air, he had great choreography as well as IN/PE. And his 3A is amazing.

Yuzuru Hanyu SP: Ballade no 1 - excellent choreography in its original presentation, just good when they switched the layout around due to unfortunate circumstances. It showed Hanyu's vastly improved skating skills, posture and interpretation. Best part of the program: the step sequence, of course.

Cherryy

On the Ice
Definitely Javi's SP! It was also full of cool moves, like these little hops he did on the toepick and his waist-shaking/dancing or the hole part from the steps preceding the 3A that went on immediately to the sit spin.

Another one is Jason's long. In this case it's the part before the 3Lz where he's shooting an arrow, the gorgeous 3Lz with one hand over his hand, russian split, 3-turns with one knee on the ice and butterfly entry to the spin which also has an original exit with this little jump.

mrrice

Record Breaker
The more I think about it, I can honestly say that 2014/2015 was a great year for the Men. I really enjoyed so many programs last year and after I saw Misha Ge, I had a new skater to follow. That doesn't happen often. IMO This is a very exciting time in skating and I hope every skater is able to have at least one performance they're really proud of.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Javi's SP
Sergei's FS
Konstantin's FS
Deniss Vasiljev's FS
Daniel Samohin's SP
Misha Ge's programs
Adam Rippon's SP (Nyah)
Tatsuki's FS

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, gotta say it (cause I'll be the only one);): the "sprinkler":cheer: and I am not being sarcastic. All of Juke, my second go-to program of Jason's after Riverdance.

And because I do occasionally watch men other than Jason (that *is* sarcastic) Adam's LP. Beautiful, without the quad lutz! And Misha, particularly his EX, because I am just so darn impressed how fast he put it together, and so glad that men's "other" entertainer had a breakout year:cheer2:

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
Yes. Yuzuru Hanyu is soooo...mmm! So good.

Loved Jason's spin where he grabs the blade and lifts his foot high and to the side.

Misha Ge step.

Josh Farris - spins.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Speaking of Misha Ge. I would love to see him do an exhibition to Bohemian Rhapsody. I'd actually like to see someone do a free skate to it. I bet plushy, Patrick Chan or, Joshua Farris could pull it off. Maybe that guy from Alaska who moved to Canada could pull it off. What is name.....He did the hulk LP a while ago. Maybe Richard Dornbush. Keegan Messing.....That's his name.

Last edited:

tzazu

Medalist
I enjoyed so many programs last season, it' makes really diffcult to choose:
Javier SP
Yuzuru SP
Ten SP
Jason LP
Farris LP
Brezina SP
Voronov LP

Rissa

Record Breaker
My top 3:

Yuzuru's SP
Denis's SP
Javi's SP

all my 3 fav programs got medals! :hb:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
1. Denis Ten-Caruso

2. Tatsuki Machida-Ode To Joy

3. Denis Ten-Ambush From Ten Sides

4. Jason Brown-Tristan & Isolde

5. Takahiko Kozuka-Io Ci Saro

6. Michal Brezina-Figaro

I agree that it was a great year for the men. Enjoyed many other programs, but these are my top six. ESPECIALLY the top three. Phenomenal.

Last edited: