Favorite Performances of the Season So Far | Golden Skate

Favorite Performances of the Season So Far

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
We all hope our favorite skaters have the skate of their life at the Olympics, if they made it there, but which performances (not necessarily programs) will you remember as being highlights of the GP, GPF and Nationals?

Mine:

Jeremy Abbott's SP and Freeskate at Nationals. Perfection :bow:

Akikko Sizuki's Freeskate at the GPF. I was jumping up and down by the time she started the footwork (which I think is the best ladies step sequence all season).

Mirai Nagasu's SP at Nationals

Joannie Rochette's Freeskate at Nationals

Yu-na Kim's SP at TEB

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the only one that's stood out, so far:

Ryan Bradley's Nationals LP...

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I think it's a little too early for me to say, though I agree Akiko Suzuki at GPF LP was greeeeeeeeeeat! :agree:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Nothing...

Ok, I'd have to say the top 3 SPs at Nationals were pretty nice to see. Also, Nagasu's LP- such determination, way to turn things around after last year's near-disaster...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think it's a little too early for me to say, though I agree Akiko Suzuki at GPF LP was greeeeeeeeeeat! :agree:

Put another vote for Akiko for me. I absolutely adore that girl. Both her GPF and her Japanese Nationals LP (especially with that cute moment with Kankano after her performance at Nationals)
Also:
Yu-na's SP at TEB
Shen and Zhao's LP at GPF (with the Yao Bin fist pump!)
Jeremy Abbott's LP at Nationals
Denney/Bennett LP at Nationals

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Put another vote for Akiko for me. I absolutely adore that girl. Both her GPF and her Japanese Nationals LP (especially with that cute moment with Kankano after her performance at Nationals)

THIS CALLS FOR A COMPLIMENTARY KANAKO&AKIKO MOMENT!!! :biggrin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y76x5UDDTo4

I'd do a Yao Bin fist pump moment, but there aren't any short clips of that.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Also:
Yu-na's SP at TEB
Jeremy Abbott's LP at Nationals
Denney/Bennett LP at Nationals

You picked a lot of my favorites. I liked Jeremy's SP at nationals even better than his LP. Both of Mirai's programs at nationals.
I loved Alissa's SP at Skate Canada and thought her score should have been closer to Rochette's, although Joannie was awesome, of course.

I also love Oda's Charlie Chaplin routine but can't remember the competition I saw it in.

csunny7

Rinkside
Kim Yuna's LP, Gershwin Concerto in F at TEB:clap:

I vividly remember the first time I watched Yuna's Gershwin LP at TEB.
I couldn't help saying "Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful".
I was deeply touched by the fantastic movement of Yuna on the ice -- she's like a butterfly, a flower or a skylark dancing to the the pure melodies . It purifies heart & soul.
IMO It is a 'masterpiece' and will be.:yes:

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
^ I liked those performances a lot as well.

I liked Akiko Suzuki's FS at the cup of China, I have never seen much of her skating before, so I was really surprised that Japan had such a good #4 skater in their country!

Mukhortova/Trankov FS in Paris. I hate 'Love Story', but I really love this pair and I was so happy to see that they could finally keep everything together in the FS and win the Gold.

Savchenko/Szolkowy's 'Out of Africa' at Skate Canada. They have never been my favourite pairs team but I really liked their performance and was happy that they managed to get back again after their TEB disaster.

Sasha Cohen's SP at nationals. So she didn't manage to make a successful comeback, but she performed well in the SP, considering how long she's been gone.

Tanja90

On the Ice
Faiella Scali OD & FD at Euros...they deserved the gold there:agree::love::love::love::love::love:
Lambiel Traviata at Europeans...he's defenitly back on track:love::love:
Carolina K SP & FP ata Euros...she was able to fight back after Italians, in particular Italian press tried to ruin her and her reputation! she showed she is still in the game!:rock::love:
Savchenko Szolkowy LP at Skate Canada:clap::clap:
Oda LP at TEB:bow:
Joannie Rochette LP at Nationals:rock::love:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Yuna SP at TEB
Mirai LP at nationals
Ashley SPs and LPs (not specifically which comps, just great programs at any time)
Akiko LP at Nationals (I believe that it was her very best, expressiveness-wise)
Laura LP, NHK?
Dai SP at GPF
Nobu LP at his first GP event
Mao SP at Nationals

If I have a chance to watch, perhaps Joannie's LP at nationals would join this list, as the program per se looked great.

ankka

Rinkside
Yu-Na SP at TEB
Laura LP at Japan Open
Mirai SP at Nationals
Rachael SP at Nationals
Miki SP at Nationals
Kerrs FD at Finlandia Trophy
Kawaguti/Smirnov LP at Euros (I know most of you don't agree)
Carolina LP at Euros
Stephane LP at Euros

kareliz

Rinkside
Davis and White, free dance at nationals. Wow ! Speed, passion, difficulty, confidence. Sure the music has been way over-used. But they used the music well, and the performance was outstanding!