Favorite Performances of the Season So Far | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favorite Performances of the Season So Far

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Shawn Sawyer's FS - Skate America
Joannie Rochette's FS - Canadian Nationals
Denney and Barrett's FS - US Nationals
Davis and White's FD - US Nationals
Navarro and Bommentre's FD - US Nationals (not because it was so technically great, but because of the music and the reason behind why they skated to it)
Flatt, Nagasu and Wagner's FS at US Nationals
Ryan Bradley's FS - US Nationals
Weaver and Poje OD - Four Continents

It seems like so many are from the US Nationals, but maybe that competition is just more fresh in my mind.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Stephane Lambiel's exhibition performance at Europeans. He uses a rather unique piece of music and incorporates many unique moves (including a bit of straightline footwork... only done with knee slides). And yet I totally got it and felt the bit of melancholy he was trying to express. An artistic triumph.

Mao Asada's Caprice gala performance at the Japanese Nationals. Another one of the best exhibition skates I've seen from a competitive skater. Every move and line are purposeful and perfect. And it has the best use of a prop I've ever seen in skating: that fan is incorporated into every move; it goes from one hand to the other in the middle of a spin; it snaps open and close to the right beat, and yet it never overwhelms the rest of the skating.

Virtue/Moir's FD at Skate Canada. Romantic and smooth, a wedding dance in epic form. Plus, it had their best Goose ever, illegal axel landing and all.

Davis/White's OD at NHK Trophy, if I have to pick just one performance of this OD. I love the classical indian dance aesthetics D/W exudes, and I love Bollywood music. The most entertaining competitive program this season for me.

Akiko Suzuki's LP at the Japanese Nationals. I don't think I've seen a skate that rousing since Alexei Yagudin retired. The ending to her West Side Story program made me want to jump through the screen and hug and high 5 her.

Yu Na's LP at TEB. It reminded me of Michelle Kwan's legendary Lyra Angelica performance at the 98 nationals. Yu Na gives the performance the kind of joyous serenity that Michelle had, and adds a touch of sensuality and fun.

dorothea

Rinkside
Kim Yuna's LP, Gershwin Concerto in F at TEB:clap:

I vividly remember the first time I watched Yuna's Gershwin LP at TEB.
I couldn't help saying "Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful".
I was deeply touched by the fantastic movement of Yuna on the ice -- she's like a butterfly, a flower or a skylark dancing to the the pure melodies . It purifies heart & soul.
IMO It is a 'masterpiece' and will be.:yes:
I can't agree with you more.
I like both Yuna's SP and LP , yet I love her LP better. :love:

In addition,

Virtue&Moir's FD at SC
Oda's LP at TEB
Adam's LP at 4cc
Jeremy's LP at National
Yuna's EX at GPF

Last edited:

hongligl

Final Flight
Mao Asada's Ex
S/Z's SP and LP, especially SP at all events
Yu-Na Kim's SP and LP. I love the LP, this is my second favourite LP of Kim after Lark Accending. Her SP has been great all these years.
P/T's LP.
S/S's Out of Africa LP at Skate Canada.
The new american pair chaimpion's LP at nationals.
The past american pair chaimpion's SP at 4CC.
Z/Z's LP at 4CC
Jeremy Abott's LP at nationals.
A French boy's (dark skin, short, cute) SP at Skate America.
Carolina's LP at European.
Mirai Nagasu's LP and SP at nationals
American dance team D/W FD
Canadian V/M OD and FD at nationals

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
The French boy is Florent Amodio, current National champion and owner of the second Olympic spot to the games. Definitely cute.

hongligl

Final Flight
Thank you, ImaginaryPogue:) I was just lazy to check it out. I was there in the arena and I was really impressed:) Good for him to go to the Olympics!

Sophia KP

Rinkside
Laura's lp at Japan open I love it!
Yuna's lp at TEB ( I think Yuna' s lp is masterpiece but her sp (007) is not better than her ex sp .)
mao's gala at 4CC

adam's sp at TEB
Jeremy's lp at National
SHen Zao 's lp at GPf