Fittings in Atlanta Area | Golden Skate

Fittings in Atlanta Area

anonymousskater

Spectator
Hi everyone. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good fitter in the Atlanta area? I’ve been searching and searching, but all I can find are pro shops that have been very little help. I’m also willing to travel out of state if needed if they’re aren’t any around here. Thanks in advance!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi everyone. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good fitter in the Atlanta area? I’ve been searching and searching, but all I can find are pro shops that have been very little help. I’m also willing to travel out of state if needed if they’re aren’t any around here. Thanks in advance!
Eh, the southern states are sketchy as far as good pro fitters. Your best bets will be in N Carolina, Florida and Tennessee.

looper

Spectator
You need to figure out what kind of skate you are interested in. Many dealers only have one or two brands, and brands do differ a lot in construction fit and cost. Also a majority of those dealers are not figure skating folks and don't know much more than they were told by a sales rep. If you had a pair in the past that worked well that is a good start.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yeah I suspected as much. Do you happen to know anyone in any of those states? I will do more research on it as well.
Yes, which is why I suggested those states, I will get this list to you ASAP. Sorry, I am busy for the next day.

anonymousskater

Spectator
You need to figure out what kind of skate you are interested in. Many dealers only have one or two brands, and brands do differ a lot in construction fit and cost. Also a majority of those dealers are not figure skating folks and don't know much more than they were told by a sales rep. If you had a pair in the past that worked well that is a good start.
I’m not sure which brand would work best for me. I’ve only been skating for a year and half, and the pair I have now are the only ones I’ve ever had. They’re Jackson Artistes that I just bought from my rink shop. They’re okay, but I do think they’re too big. Now I’ve started working on jumps and need to get more supportive skates. That’s why I was hoping to find a good fitter to help me figure out what to get.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
I’m not sure which brand would work best for me. I’ve only been skating for a year and half, and the pair I have now are the only ones I’ve ever had. They’re Jackson Artistes that I just bought from my rink shop. They’re okay, but I do think they’re too big. Now I’ve started working on jumps and need to get more supportive skates. That’s why I was hoping to find a good fitter to help me figure out what to get.
If you are willing to give us some details about your foot shape, there are plenty of people here who can point you in the right direction. But of course, going to a fitter will probably be the best option.

anonymousskater

Spectator
If you are willing to give us some details about your foot shape, there are plenty of people here who can point you in the right direction. But of course, going to a fitter will probably be the best option.
Sure, I can try. My feet are kind of triangular, I think. The ball of my foot is quite wide, but it narrows a lot towards my heel. I think this is part of the problem with my current skates; the front feels like it fits, but my heel moves around a lot inside the skate. I also have very high arches.

Based on these things, I’ve been told Reidells probably wouldn’t work as they tend to be for more narrow feet. Beyond that I’m not sure though.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Sure, I can try. My feet are kind of triangular, I think. The ball of my foot is quite wide, but it narrows a lot towards my heel. I think this is part of the problem with my current skates; the front feels like it fits, but my heel moves around a lot inside the skate. I also have very high arches.

Based on these things, I’ve been told Reidells probably wouldn’t work as they tend to be for more narrow feet. Beyond that I’m not sure though.
Risport. Split width.