Free Dance | Golden Skate

Free Dance

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Just getting ready. I should get tickets one of these days....YA THINK?????? I'm not kidding - when staring at IceCalc on a Saturday afternoon is my preferred activity, I might as well get on a plane. :)

For all here who are spoiled, let's enjoy!!

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Standings at the end (unofficial, from Ice Calc)..

Points are totals for all three segments...

B/A 212.87
C/S 204.32
W/L 178.60
K/N 173.43
K/K 156.56
B/P 140.22
G/B 136.08
G / V 133.92
GR/M 133.45
K/Z 131.25
R/G 131.06

Can't wait for ladies free skate!! I hear from a Sekret Source that there may be some Rusty Hanger nomination opportunities out of the FD. JUST as I suspected......... :biggrin:

DG

DG

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
After reviewing my little spreadsheet...

..which has the scores for CD, OD and FD and then totals, I find this interesting compared to what we saw in the Men's. (but to me I guess not surprising for Dance).

The top 5 teams placed exactly in the same order in each segment of the competition. i.e. B/A were 1st in all three legs, C/S were 2nd in all three legs, etc. through 5th place.

Maybe these teams really were that distinct in each leg. Hopefully those who are rinkside can comment. It just reminds me of why I sort of lost interest in dance - seemed like the placements at the top were pretty well pre-determined.

PLEASE convince me I'm wrong about this!!!! Are all 5 of these teams REALLY that consistent every time???

DG

Antilles

Medalist
Anyone have a synopsis of how the top teams performed, and what they're programs are like? I'm especially interested in B&A. I hope they have less music cuts than they normally do.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I'm with you Antilles...

Can't wait for more Rinkside Reporting!! All I'm doing is watching the scores on Icecalc and following whatever is on FS Universe.

DG

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:
..which has the scores for CD, OD and FD and then totals, I find this interesting compared to what we saw in the Men's. (but to me I guess not surprising for Dance).DG
No, it is not surprising. In singles, you often get surprises because of falls and other obvious mistakes. Results can also be unpredictable when teams are close (Navka & Kostomarov vs. Denkova & Stavijsky; Grushina & Goncharov vs. Belbin & Agoston, etc.). In this competition, however, something terrible would have had to happen for at least the top 2 teams to be anywhere else in the rankings.

Kitty

Rinkside
What did you think about the French Bentley / Pernet FD on oxygene/X-Files/Brainbug theme ?

I love it !!!! :agree:

Kitty

herios

Medalist
Free dance

As I mentioned in my previous posts, you could group the teams in 2, actually 3 categories:
top5, which are in a different class, from 6-10 bunched together, they can move up and down within this range from one dance to the next depends how they execute and the last one is Romanovskaya & Grachev...they were clearly below the others, I am wondering what level is at Junior Worlds, if they are the Champions.
Belbin & Agosto are going for a crowd pleaser for Moscow's worlds, a Russian Gypsy routine. I think they can challenge Grushina & Goncharov for bronze with this program.
Chait & Sakhnovsky have a dramatic routine to Toccata & Fugue by Bach, I don't think this music is a good choice for Free dance. They are fast, for sure.
Wing & Lowe, I am happy for them, they won a bronze medal. They should add a bit more difficulty to their routine, and they would be in good shape to stay ahead of Kulikova & Novikov for the rest of the season.
Speaking about the Russians, they are not showing yet too much of a progress as others predicted. Also, the choreo doesn't help either, typical Tarasova routine with highlights.
I loved Kerr & Kerr's rock and roll routine, very cool. They need to polish it further and it should be a crowd pleaser too.

Herios - Joseph
:)