French Fed is refusing to release Bruno Massot | Page 4 | Golden Skate

French Fed is refusing to release Bruno Massot

Mattieu

Medalist
It's funny (well, no it's not) how the federations make trades and favors to each other. All a stupid game. Someday the power will be in the hands of the skaters.

In any case, Didier's "gift" didn't matter much at all I don't think. They would have been able to compete at 2011 Worlds for Italy all the same even if he said no to her skating for Italy in 2009. There was enough time that it didn't matter.

Why would they have been able to compete at 2011 Worlds for Italy if DG didn't release Guignard?

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Concerning citizenship, I thought that France and Germany don't allow for dual citizenship anymore?

So that might be one of the reason Massot is having hesitations in applying for German citizenship?
Germany does allow dual citizenship, but I France doesn't. As far as I know a German citizen can have a German/French citizenship, but a French citizen can't have a French/German citizenship. France simply doesn't allow a french citizen to apply for a German citizenship as far as I know. And ordinary people don't need it anyway.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Why would they have been able to compete at 2011 Worlds for Italy if DG didn't release Guignard?

They got together in 2009, so if Didier was going to be a problem there was time for her to establish Italian residency and the application by 2011 Worlds.

Lysambre

Final Flight
Germany does allow dual citizenship, but I France doesn't. As far as I know a German citizen can have a German/French citizenship, but a French citizen can't have a French/German citizenship. France simply doesn't allow a french citizen to apply for a German citizenship as far as I know. And ordinary people don't need it anyway.

That might be it.

Three of my cousins were born in Germany, from French parents, and have always lived there, but when they were 18 or so, they were asked to chose between French citizenship or German citizenship as they couldn't have both. That's why I thought neither country allowed it. (I may have misunderstood back then though, don't quote me on this :p)