Gabrielle Daleman | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Gabrielle Daleman

Fluture

Record Breaker
All the best to Gabby. It seems like she has had a really difficult time recently and I‘m glad she‘s taking the time she needs for herself instead of pushing her body and mind over the limits. We support you, Gabby and hope and believe you come back stronger. But take your time, do things you like and be happy. You deserve it.

NataFoxxy

On the Ice
She left Berezintsev when she was learning 3A, after that she went down. The Federation of Canada did everything that she would leave a coach Berezintsev . and, as a result, first, 3L + 3T went away, then 3T + 3T began to disappear, and now she has a mental problem. Look at her chic, with speed, with a span of 3L + 3T before she was with Orser, at 1:02. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8duZLjje3eA She was on fire. Terribly sorry that she turned into in this cricket.

Fluture

Record Breaker
She left Berezintsev when she was learning 3A, after that she went down. The Federation of Canada did everything that she would leave a coach Berezintsev . and, as a result, first, 3L + 3T went away, then 3T + 3T began to disappear, and now she has a mental problem. Look at her chic, with speed, with a span of 3L + 3T before she was with Orser, at 1:02. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8duZLjje3eA She was on fire. Terribly sorry that she turned into in this cricket.

How about this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2L7pkjl2u0U

That was one year ago. She IS on fire.
It‘s likely that she had a lot of difficult things to deal with in the last time and now she‘s taking the time she deserves to focus on her health. And sorry to burst your bubble but this coach she had before wouldn‘t have been able to prevent her mental health problems either. Your comment about her jumps has nothing to do whatsoever with her current state of mind. It‘s a matter of technique which I find she‘s actually vastly improved from 2014. She‘s always got very good height but her feet were very lose in the air back then. Now they seem more tight, tucked to her body. All in all, your comment just doesn’t make sense and you either have no idea how mental problems work or you‘re deliberately trolling. I‘m assuming it‘s a mixture of both. I wish Gabby all the best. And I‘m happy she is in an environment SHE CHOSE FOR HERSELF (not the evil, evil Canadian federation chose against her will. :palmf: ) and that is supporting her.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
She left Berezintsev when she was learning 3A, after that she went down.
Um, no, she objectively went up. She was 21st at Worlds in 2015 (which was admittedly a worse-than-usual result, but she was the one who was frustrated and insisted to her parents she wanted to change coaches or else quit), and then placed in the top ten the following three years, making the podium at 4CC and Worlds in the 2016-17 season.

NataFoxxy

On the Ice
How about this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2L7pkjl2u0U

That was one year ago. She IS on fire.
It‘s likely that she had a lot of difficult things to deal with in the last time and now she‘s taking the time she deserves to focus on her health. And sorry to burst your bubble but this coach she had before wouldn‘t have been able to prevent her mental health problems either. Your comment about her jumps has nothing to do whatsoever with her current state of mind. It‘s a matter of technique which I find she‘s actually vastly improved from 2014. She‘s always got very good height but her feet were very lose in the air back then. Now they seem more tight, tucked to her body. All in all, your comment just doesn’t make sense and you either have no idea how mental problems work or you‘re deliberately trolling. I‘m assuming it‘s a mixture of both. I wish Gabby all the best. And I‘m happy she is in an environment SHE CHOSE FOR HERSELF (not the evil, evil Canadian federation chose against her will. :palmf: ) and that is supporting her.

Hello, I think you misunderstood what I wanted to say.

I did not mention anything about her mental problem in my prev. comment. I was referring to her skating skills, mostly jumps.
She lost some of her jumps, good once. I'm not talking about transitions, artistic skills, only jumps.
And I do NOT connect her mental problem to changing coach. I just remember her skating in a past and I feel sorry for her that she has problems and that she has to take a break.
Time is the best medicine and i hope to see her on an ice again.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hello, I think you misunderstood what I wanted to say.

I did not mention anything about her mental problem in my prev. comment. I was referring to her skating skills, mostly jumps.
She lost some of her jumps, good once. I'm not talking about transitions, artistic skills, only jumps..
She didn't lose jumps. She switched her combination because her coaches felt she could maximize the points better (and she did, hence, her results improved).

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Counting the days until she is ready to come back and yes, she will come back but only on her terms. Take your time Gabby, there is still no one who is like you in the sport currently. In the interim, we have videos that still WOW us your fans, daily. A World Bronze, an OT Gold, and a 2 time Canadian Champ..., you have accomplished so much at such a young age. See you on the other side!

pandatours

On the Ice
Canadian Nationals just posted their entries and Gabrielle is on the list! https://lamp.skatecanada.ca/results/2019cdn/2019CDNSSeniorWomenEL.pdf

I'm not sure if that means she'll be coming back to international competition for the rest of the season, but I really hope it indicates that she's making good progress with both her training and her mental health concerns.

Wow I didn’t even know if she was back in training! Classic TCC misdirection. I’m glad she’s feeling well enough to do this

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Per her Twitter/Instagram, she is indeed planning to compete at Nationals (and since that's not that far off, she must be feeling reasonably confident to be announcing it now).

Artemisa

Final Flight
She doesn't have any competition ... so there is nothing to loose ... even if she don't have a good score in canada that isn't a issue ... they have 3 spots on worlds? E a few competive ladies at this point...

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I give Gabby a lot of credit for being so candid on her IG regarding her mental health. I do hope she is getting the help she needs.

Wishing her the best in her recovery.

Wheelz

On the Ice
I agree. Unfortunately there’s still a stigma associated with mental illness and I applaud her for being so open. Hopefully she’s getting the tools she needs to beat this through therapy.