Gay bar attacker wounds 3 with hatchet and gun | Golden Skate

Gay bar attacker wounds 3 with hatchet and gun

IndieBoi

On the Ice
Honestly, what century are we in again?!! Just a reminder that these things don't just happen in Wyoming.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/02/gay.shooting/index.html

A bartender, who asked only to be identified as Phillip, told CNN he had a bad feeling when a man entered the Puzzles Lounge after 11:30 p.m. ET Wednesday and asked if it were a gay bar. (Watch the bartender describe how an armed man attacked patrons -- 7:17)

"At that time I was a little nervous as to why he was asking," Phillip said. "I don't know if it's because he felt out of place if he wasn't gay, or if it's because he wanted to actually find out if he's in the right place."

He said the man was dressed in a hooded, black sweat shirt, with the hood over his face, and baggy jeans. "He just had a stone cold look on his face ... just emotionless," Phillip said.

Recalling he checked for ID before serving him a drink, Phillip said the identification indicated the man was 23, with an October 19, 1982, birth date.

After finishing the drink and ordering a second one, Philip said, the man moved to the back of the bar, watching a game of pool briefly before taking out a hatchet -- a small ax the size of a hammer, Phillip said. "He started swinging the hatchet on top of this customer's head," he said.

The bartender said he called 911, trying to keep the phone from view, and urged patrons out the door.

Meanwhile, the attacker struck a second patron with the hatchet, pulled out a gun and shot the first victim in the face and the second twice in the head, Phillip said. A third person also was shot in the abdomen.

Phillip said he came face to face with the attacker at the bar door, and the man pointed a gun at his face and pulled the trigger but nothing happened.

Last edited:

IndieBoi

On the Ice
Many things can lead a person to destructive and violent tendencies. These horrid attacts on gays make you wonder, though, why there's still a great deal of violance towards random people (most times complete strangers to the attackers) just because they happen to be gay.

I believe this has much to do with systemic (disguised) hatred towards homosexuals condoned by people of great influence in politics or from the pulpit. When people hear these messages their whole life, add to that their other life struggles, gays become such an easy target for their anger.

More on the story on Boston Globe:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...006/02/03/attack_at_gay_bar_leaves_3_injured/

millie

Medalist
This will continue as long as the politicians and the bigoted preachers preaching from the pulpit condem these people. If the top officials condem them, what do you expect from the citizens. In my province, gay marriages are legal and there is none of this bigotry going on. They are equal in every aspect of life, work, marriage, politics or whatever they do. After all, they are human beings and deserve to be treated as equals.

The principle of equality of rights is quite simple. Every man can understand it, and it is by understanding his rights that he learns his duties;for where the rights of men are equal, every man must finally see the necessity of protecting the rights of others as the most effectual security of his own.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
millie said:
This will continue as long as the politicians and the bigoted preachers preaching from the pulpit condem these people. If the top officials condem them, what do you expect from the citizens. In my province, gay marriages are legal and there is none of this bigotry going on. They are equal in every aspect of life, work, marriage, politics or whatever they do. After all, they are human beings and deserve to be treated as equals.

The principle of equality of rights is quite simple. Every man can understand it, and it is by understanding his rights that he learns his duties;for where the rights of men are equal, every man must finally see the necessity of protecting the rights of others as the most effectual security of his own.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Anya - "that's not right"???? This is dispicable, horrible, hateful, criminal, awful - those are just some words that come to my mind whenever I see HATE crimes like that in the news. Somebody forgot to tell bigoted preachers that "HATE" and "VIOLENCE" are not good traits either.

Last edited:
Horrible crime and, unfortunately, there will be Americans who will agree that the victims got what they deserved.

Joe

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
St.Louis Blues- I do think it was horrible, hateful, and criminal. I thought so to begin with. I should have elaborated so that you knew I meant it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Horrible crime and, unfortunately, there will be Americans who will agree that the victims got what they deserved.

Joe

IMHO they're not true Americans if they believe that, because they're not even human...

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It's true the bible does condemn homosexuality, but at the same time it does not approve hatred towards one another. Only ignorance breeds hatred. What a terrible thing to happen anywhere.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Yikes this guy had been living about 5 miles from me. Jennifer Bailey the woman who had been living with him met him on the internet. She had three children. The news did not give their ages. I feel very bad for those kids.

From this morning's Detroit Free Press:

"A teenager suspected in a rampage at a Massachusetts gay bar died Sunday from wounds suffered a day earlier in a shootout with Arkansas polie after he fatally shot a polce officer and a woman he had picked up in West Virginia.

After being puled over for a trafic violation, Jacob Robida shot police officer Jim Sell, "then led police on a 20-mile chase before his car crashed. Police said the teen then shot his passenger, Jennifer Bailey, 33, in the head and started firing at police.

"Rodida was shot twice in the the head and died at Cox-South Hospital inspringfield, Mo..."

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Ladskater said:
It's true the bible does condemn homosexuality, but at the same time it does not approve hatred towards one another. Only ignorance breeds hatred. What a terrible thing to happen anywhere.

I have read all the passages concerning homosexuality in the bible. To be honest, the bible describing homosexuals are label as barbarians and prostitutes doing unthinkable acts. The bible doesn't describe me or and of my friends that I know who are gay. It also says in the bible that childern that curse their parents should be put to death. So I guess that means most of us are sinners and are going to hell? lol The bible was written so many years after the teachings of Jesus that I don't believe 90% of it came from God's feelings. So I think it's between a person and God. Obviously, we all were put on this earth for a purpose so there must be a reason we are all born the way we are...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
equestrianguy said:
So I guess that means most of us are sinners and are going to hell?

um yes that's exactly what it means... Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
however that's also why Jesus came and died John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

Sorry the Baptist in me came out for a moment :)
The bible was written so many years after the teachings of Jesus
I guess I'm confused as to where you get that? the Gospels, yes, were written after Christ's assention into Heaven, but all were written by Divine "inspiration"...

so are you meaning the Gospels or are you meaning when the bible was translated into English? (and I think we've gone way off topic, so feel free to email me)

Last edited:

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
ok, maybe off topic, but wasn't homosexuality very common around 2000 years ago?? since they didn't have birth control pills or anything similar, if they wanted to have sex just for pleasure men usually slept with other men, not to risk pregnancy...at least a lot of the arabs did back then, and also the greek.. or so I've heard..

There was no such word as homosexual until the 20th century. Freud invented it due to his own feelings and those of others who had those feelings. Women as well as Men.

Catholics believe it is not a choice but a condition and the remedy is celibacy.
But that's another subject.

The strange heterosexual man has been killed by the police.

Joe