Sara Conti and Niccolo Macii continue to grow | Golden Skate

Sara Conti and Niccolo Macii continue to grow

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Macii: "I was very afraid of that at the beginning," he said. "I really didn't want to skate with Sara, not even for a try out, because I saw so many teams fighting and having problems. I really didn't want that to happen to us, but I gave it a try after all. We knew from the start we had to be very mature to do it. You have to separate on and off the ice, and that's really difficult, be luckily we manage pretty well."

I really look forward to seeing them grow over the next few years. They both have such great personalities :)

Weathergal

Medalist
Thank you for a great article! Interesting that they were a couple off the ice before pairing up on the ice. They do seem like fun personalities! I love her comment about not having a ring yet. Feisty!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
What a nice couple. They might fight sometomes (figuratively) but they seem to care a lot for each other and with deep trust. I remember that fall in The Netherlands very well. It was one of the few competitions during the pandemic, and there was no audience - only a (paid in this case) livestream. It went very quickly, he fell and she fell on top of him. It looked awful, for Sara in particular, and I was full of admiration that they continued to skate the programme! Especially Sara, but as @Weathergal concluded: she is feisty!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I admit I did not know much about this pair, but what an interesting article. Niccolò starting skating at 10, such a "late" age:eek:. Sara being considered tall for a pairs girl at 5'4":eek:

Makes me appreciate their accomplishments that much more.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We had a little game at the end (video) but the echo was so bad it really wasn't usable. It was "How well do you know your partner" with dry eraser boards. Conti was very competitive 😆

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It was just bad luck no Italian pairs could participate in Montpellier (I believe there was a Covid thing, so not one was there). but the same rules apply as always: only one spot available. Luckily they did do well at Euros last year even without the then top pair (the same pairs including Sara and Niccolo who are now the two best), so this year we saw three pairs. What a joy!